Steps to do the same examine with different images: (Improved version for more readable code)
1. Create multiple examine images in the same directory on your imagehost. Photobucket doesn't work very well for this because it adds a lot of gibberish to the ends of filenames.
2. Create a variable called filepath with the value of your directory. So if an image is:
filepath sould be defined as:
3. Create a variable called currentImage. This is where you'll store the image you want to examine. You can change it whenever you want to use a different screen in your engine. If your first image is image0.png, set it to image0
4. Create an examine frame with the background set to the EXPRESSION (check the expression box): filepath . currentImage . '.png'
5. Whenever you want to change the image, define currentImage as the picture you want to use.
6. You can't use the button to set the examinable coordinates; you need to manually enter the x1, x2, y1, y2 coordinates. One way to do this is to make another examine frame using your image, figure out what the coordinates are using that, copy them to the first frame, then delete the extra examine frame.
The practical use for this is when you're making an engine that has a lot of screens like this:
and so on.