Meph's Handy Tips #1: Writing dialogues

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Spielberg
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Meph's Handy Tips #1: Writing dialogues

Post by Spielberg »

I enjoyed your tips, Meph! The pauses and broke lines are really good to put even because the AA games use them. Also, it makes the player pay more attention to the dialogue and ''feel'' it rolling! :D

Anyway, I'll try to keep these in mind for future cases.
DKJustice1
Spoken languages: English

Post by DKJustice1 »

I always find it quite amusing how us human either type things with out paying close attention to what people are trying to get across.

Meph is only trying to help us improve the game and I suggest we give his idea a go.

We are not making the games for ourselves we are making them for other people to enjoy. However it does seamed that we are far to quick to judge and dismiss an idea. Before we've even tried it.

You may be a fast reader, but it doesn't matter the game is not made for you, in fact I think the shorter dialogue works well
for fast readers. So to this it is this is nonsense I yell out a massive :objection:

Just try it. please I am going to. Mods are there to help us and that is what Meph is trying to do.

Now Meph what were you trying to suggest?

Let's get back on topic. :D
Ace Attorney Poem.

What a crime is done.
Gumshoe's has come.
His name is Dick.
It's a point and click.

To find a clue
or maybe a few.
To made your point of view.

In the trial
where every one stares
the judge does glare.

Objections fly from everywhere!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The post you're responding to was written back in 2010. Please don't post in a topic just to refute a post that was written five years ago. By now, it's off-topic to what the tutorial is supposed to be about.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I think that now that v6 is available, the dialogue presentation tips should also apply to evidence/profile descriptions.