Evidence Hiding from Game Start/Revealing Guide

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Evidence Hiding from Game Start/Revealing Guide

Post by Phantom »

(THIS GUIDE IS NOT MEANT TO TELL YOU HOW TO HIDE EVIDENCE WHILE THE GAME IS LOADING!)
Let me point out, the editor is BEST USED AND OPTIMIZED FOR FIREFOX. Any other browser might produce unexpectedness results!
A.) Create all of the evidence/profiles that you think you need for your fan trial.

The most important thing to remember is:
1.) Get all of your scripts done FIRST before even worrying about implementing the evidence, you do this at the end.

2.) Go to your SCRIPTs tab, and go to the text boxes where you want your evidence to be revealed/displayed.

3.) Click the GEAR-looking button, this is the action setting (where you decide what you want to do with evidence and other messages, but focus only on evidence for now)

4.) Click REVEAL Evidence! More boxes will appear next to the action box, decide whether you want to put profile/evidence, put in the ID number you wish to reveal at that point of the game.
-Example: Script ID 200 is where Ema wants to submit an autopsy report, Reveal Evidence at S.ID. 200, the Evidence ID # for Autopsy report is 2, so you would put 2 in the box.
-NOTE: By putting a reveal point here, the evidence will be hidden from the start of the game until you reach the point where Ema wants to submit the report as evidence.
-NOTE 2: Because you need to know the ID's for your evidence/profiles, you should have two tabs open in Firefox!
-NOTE 3: You may also want to display evidence so the player will be notified that he/she received something new, but we will not go into this.

And that's that, if you have any more tips to make this easier for people, post away!
Last edited by Phantom on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Singapore123
Spoken languages: English, 1337, french, spanish,

Re: Evidence Hiding from Game Start/Revealing Guide (Evidenc

Post by Singapore123 »

Phantom wrote:-NOTE: By putting a reveal point here, the evidence will be hidden from the start of the game until you reach the point where Ema wants to submit the report as evidence.
-NOTE 2: Because you need to know the ID's for your evidence/profiles, you should have two tabs open in Firefox!
-NOTE 2: You may also want to display evidence so the player will be notified that he/she received something new, but we will not go into this.
Two second notes?

Plus! You make good guides.
If you have time, please come to http://aceattorneyonline.wikia.com and edit it!
Phantom

Re: Guide: Evidence Hiding from Game Start/Revealing Guide

Post by Phantom »

Fixed, forgot about that haha.

Btw, I don't know how to edit it in a neat way to make it easier to read, that reminds me.... [the wiki I mean]

YOU MAY POST MY GUIDES ANYWHERE YOU SEE FIT, just bring me credit will ya? :p
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Post in the list of guides topic if you want it listed. ;)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

On it.
Shadow009909
Spoken languages: English, Bulgarian

Post by Shadow009909 »

Thanks for the guide, I was looking for this.