How to update evidence

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

CardiaX
Spoken languages: English

How to update evidence

Post by CardiaX »

This is a guide by a new guy who hasn't yet finished a trial. This is just the way I do it.

To update evidence, just make two identical pieces of evidence, except have one of them with the updated information. When you want to update the evidence, swap the two pieces of evidence, and there you have it! Again, this is only what I do, if anyone has a better guide, feel free to say so.
Thursday
Spoken languages: English, Tagalog, Some French

Re: How to update evidence

Post by Thursday »

Er, I think you need to be more specific when you say "swap". By that, I'm assuming you mean Hide the original evidence, and Reveal the updated version, yeah?

Day 2 - Trial COMPLETE and Playable now!
CardiaX

Post by CardiaX »

That's basically what I'm saying.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

CardiaX, you should probably revamp this guide to give an exact step-by-step-basis on how to update the evidence (much like how Thursday said).

All you said is to do something which is already the intention of the authors in the first place xP, how to achieve it exactly is not clear at all.
SirKnight

Post by SirKnight »

CardiaX wrote:This is a guide by a new guy who hasn't yet finished a trial. This is just the way I do it.

To update evidence, just make two identical pieces of evidence, except have one of them with the updated information. When you want to update the evidence, swap the two pieces of evidence, and there you have it! Again, this is only what I do, if anyone has a better guide, feel free to say so.
This is a person who is new to Ace Attorney Online and hasn't even begun to make a trial yet. That's just the way I do it.

Updating Evidence

For those of you who do not understand how to update evidence, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it (using the method listed by CardiaX.)

Evidence Creation
Spoiler : Evidence Creation :
Okay, in order to update evidence you're going to need to know how to create evidence in the first place. Upon opening the trial editor, you should see 5 tabs at the top of the screen. They should read:

Code: Select all

Profiles | Evidence | Audio | Script | Save
Click on the evidence tab to open up the evidence for your trial. You should see a few things:

Code: Select all

Id | Name | Picture | Description | Check button information: | Delete
Below that will be a button labeled, "Add." Click it to add new evidence which can be used in your trial. Click on the name to change it, picture to change it, and description to change it. Once you are satisfied with the evidence, create the new updated evidence.

A more comprehensive guide on how to create evidence is located here: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/Ressour ... l#evidence

Evidence Updating
Spoiler : Evidence Updating :
Now, if you haven't read the above already, I shall quote it for you.
...create the new updated evidence.
This is important and must be done. Now here are the instructions on how to update evidence:
  • -Open the editor and go to "Script."
    -Select the "actions" button in the frame editor.
    -Select "hide evidence" from the drop box.
    -Go to the evidence tab and find the Id for the updated evidence and put that as the Id in the open space.
    --IMPORTANT : MAKE SURE THAT IT SAYS "EVIDENCE" IN THE DROP BOX LOCATED IN THE "HIDE EVIDENCE" OPTIONS.
    --The evidence is now hidden from view.
    --It is probably a good idea to add a wait time of 1 in the frame which hide the evidence in.

-Go to the frame when you want the updated evidence to appear.
    -Add a frame above it.
    -Select the "actions" button in the frame editor.
    -Select "hide evidence" from the drop box.
    -Go to the evidence tab and find the Id for the original evidence and put that as the Id in the open space.
    --IMPORTANT : MAKE SURE THAT IT SAYS "EVIDENCE" IN THE DROP BOX LOCATED IN THE "HIDE EVIDENCE" OPTIONS.
    --The original evidence has become hidden from view.
    --It is probably a good idea to add a wait time of 1 in the frame in which you hide the evidence in.

-Go to the frame when you want the updated evidence to appear.
    -Click the "actions" button in the frame editor.
    -Select "reveal evidence" from the drop box.
    -Go to the evidence tab and find the Id for the updated evidence and put that as the Id in the open space.
    --IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT IS SAYS "EVIDENCE" IN THE DROP BOX LOCATED IN THE "REVEAL EVIDENCE" OPTIONS.
    --The evidence is now revealed.
If you had done as directed, the updated evidence will be hidden. When the time comes for the updated evidence to appear in the Court Record, the original evidence will disappear and the new evidence will appear in its place.
Last edited by SirKnight on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- df
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well done SirKnight :)
SirKnight

Post by SirKnight »

Thanks Phantom. I'm trying to figure out how to post screenshots or find an program to record my screen and release a guide in addition to the text.
(I'm really sad, not even knowing a way to post images.)
-- df