Ever wanted to use AAO to emulate the 4 minutes before death puzzles of Ghost Trick? Well, now you can!
What you'll need(*=optional):
- The correct music.*
The correct graphics.*
Pictures of the background of the area you want to use.
Pictures of that background with every combination of "tricked" items.
All of those pictures and the normal one in "ghost world" form with "cores" in all of the usable objects.
An evidence form of all the usable objects. (Each picture of the ghost world needs to have a version with each item in the corner.)
Okay, here's how we make our puzzle:
- 1. First we put in our original background. Set the timer to any number at 6000 or below so that the player has a minute or less before it moves on to the next frame. Set the action as ask player a question. (2 answers.)
2. Set the answers as:
"Ghost World" and "Trick." We'll come back to this later.
3. Create a second frame.If you set the number of seconds you have in the first frame as less than a minute, make a third frame and set this frames timer at the remaining number of seconds to make a minute and put in the same action as the first. (Eg: frame 1=40, Frame 2=20.) If you set it at a minute write out the "death conversation." (Eg: Phoenix: Now I wonder what this button does... *click*. Bomb explodes. Game over.)
4. If you set your first frame at less than a minute, write out an event in the second frame which:
A) Makes a core closer to you so that you can reach it.
B) Makes a person move an item, and (if you're in it) you to a new spot.
C) Move an item accidentally so that a chain of events sets off. (This requires pictures of your background or "frames" animated to show this. The others can be pulled off with a new background, a flash and possibly a ding noise.)
or if you're feeling evil:
D)Destroy a vital object that you need to move on to your goal.
5. Continue this process until you have all the events you need for tha player to move to their goal. Go through all the frames and add a frame after all the ones with timers. Set these new frames to 1 and put in the action proceed directly to another frame and set the frame as the frame for the death conversation.
6. Now make a frame with the action examine the area of an image. Set the image as the first picture of the ghost world and all the cores which are nearby the player as what can be examined. Set all Ghost World buttons to this frame.
7.When a player examines an item they should be linked to a new frame with the same actions, etc. as the last except with an evidence picture of the item they're posessing in the corner and the cores which can be examined as those near the current item.
8.Continue this until it's possible to get to all the cores you have that aren't affected to be moved closer to you by an event frame. Repeat this with each object combination background and each event background.
9. Make some frames which are complete copies of the first frame and some which are the same except they have a different object combination as their background, set a frame after each one to have a 1 timer and to link back to your second frame.
10.Create some more frames with the backgrounds of the affected item combinations set these frames timers to the same amount as your first frame.
11.Link all the "Trick" buttons to a different one of these frames so that they're corresponding. (Eg. Examine light in the ghost world, go back to the real world, click trick, the game takes me to a frame with an event that turns the light on. The light's on, I go back into the ghost world the light is still on, I examine the fan, I go back into the real world, I press trick, now the fan and the light are both on, etc. An event happens, the light falls onto the bed, ghost world, examine the now empty light socket, trick, electrity sparks out and the bed catches on fire, phoenix runs out of the room and leaves the bomb there, you win.)
12. Make the frame set for the winning combination as the last one and continue the story.
13. Congratulations, you have created a ghost trick puzzle.