Investigation Locations

Find detailed help from the AAO community, or write your own tutorials.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SirKnight
Spoken languages: English

Re: Investigation Locations

Post by SirKnight »

Uh, hello. I wrote this guide, how are you today?

ANYWAYS, I've updated it with Thursday's workaround:
Thursday wrote:Or, just use the Move function. Name the new location something like, "Gant's Office (Left)," and don't set the music so the song from the other side continues. Then link the two sides using their Move tabs. Simple as that.
I will update it with E.D.Revolution's way of doing it (which seems very cool, considering what Kroki did with it) if he could elaborate on it more. Here is what they did, if you didn't know:

E.D.Revolution wrote:
Bad Player wrote:You can't.
Yeah, you can. Just paste the two sides together and set as background for that location. Saves you one investigation block. Though, you won't get scrolling function, it shouldn't matter.
Afterwords, Kroki posted THIS:

Kroki wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:Though, you won't get scrolling function, it shouldn't matter.
Hell you will.
Image Image
That's it from me. Here's the quote from my guide (the new section I added, that is)
SirKnight wrote:Creating a Scrolling Investigation Location
Spoiler : Creating a Scrolling Investigation Location :
Thursday wrote:Or, just use the Move function. Name the new location something like, "Gant's Office (Left)," and don't set the music so the song from the other side continues. Then link the two sides using their Move tabs. Simple as that.
Basically, this method (posted by Thursday) is a workaround to get two-screened locations. It goes something like this:
  1. Create an investigation location panel.
  2. Edit it to your liking.
  3. Create a second investigation location panel which you want to be linked to the first one (the two-screen location)
  4. Edit the second investigation location panel to your liking.
  5. Go to the "Move" tab in the investigation panel.
  6. Click the "reload investigation location list" button.
  7. Select the first investigation location panel (the one you want to be a two-screened location)
  8. Go to the first investigation location panel.
  9. Go to the "Move" tab in the investigation panel.
  10. Click the "reload investigation location list" button.
  11. Select the second investigation location panel.
  12. The two areas are now linked! It will not allow you to scroll between them, but it is a workaround.
Now, you might not want the music to cut to a different theme in the new location. If you want the previous music, it's very simple. You can do one of two things:
  1. Set the music to the one used in the last location.
  2. Don't touch the music at all.
Now, don't just stop reading there. If you don't want to make different music play in the second location that varies from the first, it is important that you...
  1. DO NOT let that investigation location link to anywhere BUT the one place where the music will carry on.
That is how it works, I hope it'll help.

Now for the second way...
E.D.Revolution wrote:
Bad Player wrote:You can't.
Yeah, you can. Just paste the two sides together and set as background for that location. Saves you one investigation block. Though, you won't get scrolling function, it shouldn't matter.
I'm not entirely sure HOW THIS WORKS. If they could elaborate on it more, I'd test it out myself and make a guide.
-- df