Tutorial: How to make a map with "MS Paint"

Read and write tutorials about becoming a great artist.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Re: Tutorial: How to make a map with "MS Paint"

Post by Phantom »

DAYUMM wrote:Thanks for the guide! I have not finished this, but its good enough at the moment. Also i need some help with creating the veranda text properly. every time i do it, the letters turn all retarded! :tigre:
Turn antialias off i think
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by TheDoctor »

Here's mine.

Image Image Image
joeyhugg

Post by joeyhugg »

I just wanted to say thanks! This is what I got:
Leviathan254

Post by Leviathan254 »

I'm really sorry for bringing this post back up again, I see it hasn't been posted on since almost a year ago, but I can't figure out how to do the text without it freaking out. I know that somebody said to turn anti-alias off, but I don't know how to do that. Somebody please help?
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I would need to know what you mean by "freaking out". Can you post a picture illustrating your problem?
Leviathan254

Post by Leviathan254 »

Danielinhoni wrote:I would need to know what you mean by "freaking out". Can you post a picture illustrating your problem?
Actually, it's a little hard to tell with a screenshot, but I noticed something after testing it out for a while. I did what you said, set the font to Verdana, size 8, but after I finished typing something in, it got these weird red and blue colors on the sides of the letters, (almost like a 3D glasses type of thing) but I noticed that the bigger the text is, the harder it is to notice. (It's still there but really small) Only problem is, the smaller the text the more noticeable it is, and 8 is pretty small. I suppose I could edit the text after making it, but I'm afraid I might alter it too much, I tried editing some text already and it's really a pain to get it right. But I suppose it's all I can do, it's not extremely noticeable anyway, I can probably work around it.
joeyhugg

Post by joeyhugg »

Leviathan254 wrote:
Danielinhoni wrote:I would need to know what you mean by "freaking out". Can you post a picture illustrating your problem?
Actually, it's a little hard to tell with a screenshot, but I noticed something after testing it out for a while. I did what you said, set the font to Verdana, size 8, but after I finished typing something in, it got these weird red and blue colors on the sides of the letters, (almost like a 3D glasses type of thing) but I noticed that the bigger the text is, the harder it is to notice. (It's still there but really small) Only problem is, the smaller the text the more noticeable it is, and 8 is pretty small. I suppose I could edit the text after making it, but I'm afraid I might alter it too much, I tried editing some text already and it's really a pain to get it right. But I suppose it's all I can do, it's not extremely noticeable anyway, I can probably work around it.
That's Anti-Aliasing. Idk how to do it in MS Paint, but I always do the text part in Paint.net anyway because I have a plugin to outline for me. Anti-Aliasing (or AA for short) also makes it so the text isn't a solid color, but many so it looks realistic (for lack of a better word) from far away. Outlining AA text won't look as good.
ned63

Post by ned63 »

OMG Thanks so much, I made a way better version of my crime scene with this, but how do I import it into the trial?
Found out how to do it :D!
Last edited by ned63 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Glad it was helpful! To use it in your trials, simply upload it to a site which allows the use of hotlinking (using a direct link from their servers), such as Photobucket, Dropbox, Imageshack, etc... I personally recommend Photobucket, but the choice is up to you.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Imgur and imgbox are a couple of options as well, and near as I can tell, they don't have the bandwidth limit like photobucket and Dropbox.
Image Image Image
fanfreak247
Spoken languages: English, Limited Spanish, Patois/Patwa

Post by fanfreak247 »

How exactly would I make the letters properly? How would I add the extra squares for the walls and stuff?