Art Questions and Answers:

Read and write tutorials about becoming a great artist.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Art Questions and Answers:

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Dropbox, no. Somehow AAO has problems with dropbox, especially on chrome. And also, new accounts won't have that hotlinking feature. Status of current accounts is under limbo.

Ask Tap or Lind about IMGBoot, since they've used it.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

ApolloGrimoire wrote:Would IMGboot and dropbox be good places too?
I'll refer you to E.D's post.

However, if you're an old member of dropbox (I'm thinking a year or before the hotlinking feature change), you should be okay since public folders will still be allowed for you and you can hotlink :)

But I wouldn't recommend it like E.D. said because dropbox has a certain way of playing/previewing image files that will force the trial player to show a blinking full sprites feature, and it definitely hurts the experience of the user. Chrome/SRWare Iron have it the worst.

IMGBoot should be good, imageshack still has it going on, flickr, tinypic, cloudapp, etc.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

How is one supposed to use the courtroom zoomouts and how is it done?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

ART QUERY: Which tablet to use?

Post by Ami »

I've gotten to the point where I have a choice: wait for the WiiU's controller, using it as a tablet, or get a tablet now. Which should I do? I've been given the Nexus 7 as a suggestion so far, but what else is out there?
since 2008!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: ART QUERY: Which tablet to use?

Post by Singidava »

Any tablet from Wacom is good. The rest depends on how much money you want to spend.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:Any tablet from Wacom is good. The rest depends on how much money you want to spend.
Let's pretend I only have experience with digitial art using MS Paint and Colors!3D on the 3DS. Which of the models would be most user-friendly? Like, something along the lines of "close to pen and paper, but I can user layers easily".
since 2008!
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

Basics are the same in all tablets. The user friendliness really depends on the painting program more than the tablet.
Ami

Re: ART QUERY: Which program to use?

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:Basics are the same in all tablets. The user friendliness really depends on the painting program more than the tablet.
Which program should I go with?
since 2008!
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

I use GIMP because it's free. It might be a bit complicated for a beginner though but... I suppose you'll have to learn those skills eventually anyways if you want to draw anything.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:I use GIMP because it's free. It might be a bit complicated for a beginner though but... I suppose you'll have to learn those skills eventually anyways if you want to draw anything.
I've never used GIMP extensively. It sorta confuses me. I could use this on a tablet? What other programs are out there? I've heard of Photoshop, but uh... is there anything that's not dedicated to just altering photos?
since 2008!
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

There are many versions of Adobe Photoshop (and yes, it's not only for photos) but they can get really expensive. Aside Photoshop there is also Painter. Those are the most common ones especially in professional use. If you don't want to buy something that expensive I guess Paint Tool Sai is pretty popular too.

However! If you found GIMP confusing I don't think any those will be much easier. If you want something free and easy to use you could dry drawing online to oekakis. That's how I started digital drawing.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:There are many versions of Adobe Photoshop (and yes, it's not only for photos) but they can get really expensive. Aside Photoshop there is also Painter. Those are the most common ones especially in professional use. If you don't want to buy something that expensive I guess Paint Tool Sai is pretty popular too.

However! If you found GIMP confusing I don't think any those will be much easier. If you want something free and easy to use you could dry drawing online to oekakis. That's how I started digital drawing.
What's an Oekaki? I looked on Wikipedia, and it seems to be a public thing, and I'd rather keep this to myself for now, due to the fact I'm drawing what will be copyrighted characters.
since 2008!
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

While it's usually true that people post their pictures at least the Oekaki I used had option to not post it by marking the picture unfinished (and that also saved it).
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:While it's usually true that people post their pictures at least the Oekaki I used had option to not post it by marking the picture unfinished (and that also saved it).
I'll give it some thought. Thanks for the advice! ^_^
since 2008!
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

I find GIMP confusing too. I'd recommend Paint Tool Sai, it feels a lot more user-friendly and bright. You need to pay for it, though.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle