The Bright Age of the Law spriting competition - Vote !

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

The Bright Age of the Law spriting competition - Vote !

Post by Unas »

The time has come to draw the curtain on the first event for The Bright Age of the Law - the spriting competition.

Before anything, I'd like to thank all entrants for their impressive work : 13 full-fledged characters is more than I hoped for, and the quality is certainly there.
It's also good to see entries both from the English and French section together - we don't have that many opportunities for joint events !

Anyway, the time has come to select the winner of that competition. As usual, this will be determined by a public vote.
But because the overall quality is so high, it may be hard for everyone to pick just one favourite - that's why this time I will allow every member to elect up to three entries.

The judging will take place as follows :
  1. In the poll above, you can vote for your three favourite entries. The poll will run for 7 days (ending on August 23rd).
    Don't forget to check all the poses for each entry - they can be found by clicking the entry's name in the poll.
    Since the aim of the competition is to add new characters to the editor, you may want to keep in mind the following points when voting :
    - Does the entry look good enough to be featured in the editor, alongside official sprites ?
    - Does the entry match the theme ? Does the character inspire trust ?
    - Does the entry have an original personality ? Does the entry feature an original style, or original poses ?
  2. The runner ups will be the three entries with the most votes, and one entry that I will pick personally (Unas's choice ! :mrgreen: ), which may or may not be part of the three entries elected by the people.
    This will give either 3 or 4 runner-ups that will be included in the editor's default database.
  3. The winner will be the entry with most votes. (I will settle the ties if any)
    The author of the entry will earn the "Trustworthy spriter" forum title.
With that, voting is officially opened ! :D
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Maquereau
Spoken languages: English

Re: The Bright Age of the Law spriting competition - Vote !

Post by Maquereau »

I just love the Astrea Childe sprite! I could stare at her all day. (Oh god that sounds wrong...)
X12377

Post by X12377 »

Nooooo, was really hoping Vladimir and Astraea would win. (Voted for them) At least Jonathan might win.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

In all honesty, the top 4 were pretty much decided from day 1. Their rankings haven't changed at all. Ranger Justice, Laura Frost, Jonathan Lebrun, and Officer Groovy (my personal favourite) have been the top 4 the whole time, and in that exact order.

By the way, to all those whose entries are not in the top 4 and thus not added to the editor, they would be more than welcome in the Random Characters for People to Use thread.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

The rankings have changed over time though - Jonathan was 2nd for a while, went 4th yesterday, came back third today.
And on day 1, I was surprised but Laura Frost was actually 4th for a while - even though now she's taken a comfortable 2nds place.
It's a fierce battle between Jonathan, Laura and Groovy ^^
The only one that's been dominating everything since the start is Justice ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Unas wrote:The rankings have changed over time though - Jonathan was 2nd for a while, went 4th yesterday, came back third today.
And on day 1, I was surprised but Laura Frost was actually 4th for a while - even though now she's taken a comfortable 2nds place.
Huh, that's weird. I've been following it since day 1 but I haven't seen the rankings change at all, at least not for the top 4.
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

I... wouldn't exactly call three votes dominating...
(Thanks to everyone who has voted, though. It means a lot against such good competition. :larry:)

I'm actually surprised about Hessehl's, honestly. Is it the character design?
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

I guess we don't check at the same times, Lind :wink:

But anyway, you see that Lebrun and Groovy are very close - and it actually alternated a few times. And though now Laura is closer to Justice, at the beginning she was closer to the other two. :-)
Yep SK, be careful, Laura is rising to meet you - your domination might not last :-P
ImageImageImage
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

I only just noticed how crazy it is that only one of us submitted an attorney as our entry.

Ironically I chose not to do this because I thought it would be too obvious. and went with a detective instead which OF COURSE just happened to be the exact same thing everybody else did.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

As of this post, Laura Frost and Ranger Justice are tied for the lead.
Image Image Image
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Actually, as of this post, Laura is ahead by 1.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

At this point, it looks like a fight for 1st and 3rd places, like in sports.
Av by ticcy
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Yes it is again. T-1st and T-3rd.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Ranger = Frost > Lebrun > Groovy, at this point.

To make a comment of actual substance, I guess, I'm kinda surprised those Astrea Childe sprites aren't getting more votes. I can kinda understand the Judge's grand-daughter's considering the unique style, but I really thought Childe would rake in more.

*sigh* ...I'm only pointing out that this should have been called "The Sprite Age of the Law Competition" because I haven't seen anybody else do it.

Edit: "The runner ups will be the three entries with the most votes and one entry that Unas will pick, which may or may not be part of the three entries elected by the people.
This will give either 3 or 4 runner-ups that will be included in the editor's default database.
The winner will be the entry with most votes. (I will settle the ties if any)."

Does this mean a possible five new sprite sets in the database, or does "runner-ups" (the bolded one) include the winner as well? Or did I misinterpret that, meaning that there will be a maximum of four new sprite sets?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Spyromed wrote:Does this mean a possible five new sprite sets in the database, or does "runner-ups" (the bolded one) include the winner as well? Or did I misinterpret that, meaning that there will be a maximum of four new sprite sets?
I included the winner. The plan is for 3 or 4 new characters to join AAO as of this competition. ;-)
ImageImageImage