Official AAO Competition - Film Noir (Winner announced!)

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Voting for "Film Noir"

Poll ended at Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Entry 1: Koopakirby's "The Don Tigre"
26%
Entry 2: Alnar's "The Ungodly Cool Guy"
57%
Entry 3: Detective Luke Atmey's "Detective Luke Atmey"
4%
Entry 4: FenrirDarkWolf's "Seemingly More To Her Alita"
13%

Total votes: 23

Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Re: Official AAO Competition - Film Noir

Post by Sligneris »

Ferdielance wrote:Sligneris: I'm sorry, but while using the hat as a general reference for redrawing is fine, just flat-out copy-pasting it from a disallowed sprite isn't. You can use sprites from totally different, non-AA games, but spoiler sprites are out for this comp, for obvious reasons.
No problem, I was actually going to remove hats :X Sometime.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

So let's get some more entrants. Yeah
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Alrighty so we're past June 26. Yeah.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

If the contest doesn't get closed by tomorrow I will post my entry, fixed so that it doesn't have GK2 spoilers.

I will miss these hats, though.
eighthbit
Spoken languages: English

Post by eighthbit »

Ferdie's been gone for a while, btw.
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
Tap

Post by Tap »

All entries are to be in by 9 PM tonight AEST. It's now 11:04 AM, so you have under twelve hours.
I'll close submissions then, and have voting up before I go to bed.

Putin > You need to post your sprite components, as that isn't an AA sprite to begin with (most likely), per Ferdie's rules.
ImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

eighthbit wrote:Ferdie's been gone for a while, btw.
Yeah, Ferdie's disappeared since the 12th of June. I know this, because I've been trying to send him something since the 13th of June. :/

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Tap wrote:All entries are to be in by 9 PM tonight AEST. It's now 11:04 AM, so you have under twelve hours.
I'll close submissions then, and have voting up before I go to bed.

Putin > You need to post your sprite components, as that isn't an AA sprite to begin with (most likely), per Ferdie's rules.

NOOOOOO I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT LOL, then you can take my entry off :(

I can at least tell you the AA sprite components:
The glasses were Shelly De Killer's monocles, and the pose itself was adapted from Furio Tigre. The ties were a combination of Gumshoe's knot (AA version)+ a modified edit of the rest of Grossberg's tie. The V-neck area was adapted from Acro (the chair handicapped dude).

Unfortunately, the head/jacket are not from AA, but I can't tell you where I got it from :/ (I ripped it somewhere, but don't have original source file anymore).

I really thought I could have a chance on this one xP, but without knowing the origin of the non-AA sprite components, then I'll have to sit this one out.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Voting is open! Due to the small amount of submissions, voting will be conducted via the "poll" feature. You can only choose one entry to vote for, but you can edit your choice any time you like! Voting will run for five days!
Spoiler : Entrants :
1. Koopakirby
ImageImage
:tigre: The Don Tigre! :tigre:

2. Alnar
The Ungodly Cool Guy

The mysterious shadow sauntered down the brick road. The lights shown on his face; none were brighter than his own, glowing through the night. His grape coffee was in his hand at all times. "Blacker then a moonless night, hotter than hell itself." As he would describe it. Many porcupines fear its fiery tendrils burning into their skin and the bitter taste of the darkness it contains. Few have seen him, several have waited a lifetime to meet him, and none know him beyond his mask. Some say he is a specter, a shadow running from the light of its past; others say he arose from the depths of hell with one purpose, to redeem himself by avenging the death of the one he loved.[/quote]

3. Detective Luke Atmey

The man slinked into his office. Once a great detective, he had resorted to thievery. He's back to the detective game in order to redeem himself. "Why, good evening... Mr. Wright... Have you given up on a case and come to pass it over to me...?" he said, with the same peculiar grin on his face as usual.

Wright frowned. "You know that's not why I'm here. You witnessed the murder. The DeLite one. Care to tell me what you saw?"

"I could tell you... For a price... How about you give back my red diamond you took so long ago...?" he continued grinning oddly, unblinking.

Wright laughed. "I knew you'd ask for it. That's why I brought it with me." he tossed the red diamond ring at the detective.

"Excellent... You took good care of it... Still shiny... Now tell me what you want to know..."

4. FenrirDarkWolf

"What is it, exactly, do you want, Mr. Justice? Ms. Tiala asked.

I looked at her, and she appeared to be a working woman. But... It seemed there was more to her...

"Are you just going to stand there all day? she snapped, I have a plane to catch.

And with that, she pushed past me, and boarded her flight to the unknown, never to be seen by my eyes again.

Honorable Mentions (Excluded from voting due to rules)

5. Putin

(WIP dialogue): "Mr. Smith, I am not certain that my employer will be too pleased when he hears that you did not bring the package. You're only making yourself get into...deeper...debt. You know what happens when people like you don't pay back their debts in due time dont'cha?"

6. VirtAnderson

"The strange fellow with the questionably large forehead glared at me with an uneasy look. He must have noticed that I no longer had my trademark beard. I shaved it off one day. I regret that day horribly."
ImageImage
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'm going with 2, since it's seems the most technically accomplished in getting that old school vibe (especially the glow lighting done just right).
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

I'm going to say number 4
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Question... How is von Karma in AAI even spoilers...?
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Dan... Where does it say that? O_o

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Ferdielance wrote:Sligneris: I'm sorry, but while using the hat as a general reference for redrawing is fine, just flat-out copy-pasting it from a disallowed sprite isn't. You can use sprites from totally different, non-AA games, but spoiler sprites are out for this comp, for obvious reasons.
Unless it was a reference to anything else
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Danielinhoni wrote:
It's the hat from GK2.
Spoiler : GK2 :
Tateyuki Shigaraki's hat, to be more specific.