Trial Editor V6 - Music & SFX won't change on Firefox

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Spoken languages: English

Trial Editor V6 - Music & SFX won't change on Firefox

Post by Karma »

Hello, I'm pretty new to this program, but as I fiddled with V6 of the editor, I discovered a rather large glitch: in the Mozilla Firefox web browser, you cannot change or add music and SFX to a frame. If you attempt to do so, it will quickly revert to the previous setting the moment your mouse cursor moves outside the drop-down box. I have verified that this does not happen on Google Chrome; everything works as it should on that browser. Ergo, it is an issue specific to Firefox.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Trial Editor V6 - Music & SFX won't change on Firefox

Post by Enthalpy »

Hello, and welcome to Ace Attorney Online! We're here to help if you have any questions.

It's still possible to add music and sound effects, but the way to do it isn't clearly explained. When you select music or a sound effect, go up and click on the large white cell that has the drop-down box and the picture of the music note/speaker inside of it. If you do that, the music or sound effect selection should stick.

Try it, and if that doesn't work, please give us more information. What version of Firefox are you using? What operating system are you using? If that does work, don't hesitate if you have any other questions.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson

Post by Karma »

That seems to work. It's tricky using the mouse cursor to select the music and then moving it to the button without the dialog box getting "unselected". Using the keyboard to navigate the dropdown selection solves that, however, as you can keep your mouse on the button the whole time and click it when done.

I wonder why it requires you to do this on Firefox but not Chrome? It's rather bizarre. In any case, thank you very much for your help.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Take this with a grain of salt, but the method I found that kinda works sorta is;

1. Click on the actual text that says "None." This seems to be some kind of sweet spot where it decides to work.
2. Scroll down to whatever music/ SFX you want.
3. Click on that.
4. Click inside the nearest dialogue box (the black ones where the actual game text appears.). That should make it stay selected.