[Feedback][P] Testing AAO v6 on Android

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

[Feedback][P] Testing AAO v6 on Android

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 for these tests. Android version? 4.2 Jelly Bean. I'm doing this on both FX on Android and Chrome on 'droid. Here's what I noted on the Player:
  • Music does not loop, especially when music was set to loop. On Android, period, for some reason.
  • Sounds don't preload. However, they seem to be working, even if delayed.
  • Sfxes and blips don't play right away. Much more pronounced on FX than Chrome.
  • On Chrome-Android, if there's an sfx, it won't play blips. If there's an sfx, it stops playing the music.
  • This is an odd thing, but trials play better on Chrome on Android than Chrome on PC/Mac/computer.
  • Trials play better on Chrome on Android than FX on Android for some reason.
  • On FX-Android, the text speed is pretty much equivalent to 0.5.
  • On Chrome-Android, the text speed is BETTER than FX-Computer.
  • On android, the name tags seem to be a bit too high.
  • When checking for evidence details, I like the mobile way better. Once you click on it, it pops up. Click away from it, it goes away. Much more convenient than the PC method, where you have to hover it (and THAT gets really annoying for the bottom pieces of evidence).
I'm pretty sure these would play better in the latest versions of 'Droid.
Phantom

Re: [Feedback][P] Testing AAO v6 on Android

Post by Phantom »

I'm not surprised, Google's Chrome browser (at least on mobile) is all about speed/performance, and since it's on Google's own OS, they can optimize the browser to take advantage of the respective hardware/software spec (Samsung Galaxy is one of those "default" spec lineups).

Google recently released a 64-bit version of Chrome on PC ED, maybe you should check out the performance of how that version plays on PC with the version on your Android device (since I'm pretty sure the Chrome on android that you're using is 64-bit...though I could be wrong)