Source Code / Ctrl + U

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Source Code / Ctrl + U

Post by Reverie »

This one's pretty simple, I guess...

On V5, there was a function allowing you to see how many frames a particular trial had, amongst other things, using Ctrl + U on Firefox. This isn't available on V6. Would it be possible to implement it? I'm going to guess not, and that it was removed for a reason, but... I'm not completely sure.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: Source Code / Ctrl + U

Post by Unas »

Well, yeah, viewing the source code of the page is not exactly what I call a feature xD

Anyway, ctrl u will not work in V6 because everything is loaded dynamically : the initial page, as shown by ctrl u, contains only the bare bones.

The "equivalent" if you want to see the number of frames is to open your browser's javacript console and type trial_data.frames.length
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Although technically, the number that gives you is one higher than the actual number. (This is due to the zero element Unas adds.)

But yes, that's one the best way to quickly get a frame count.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

Unas wrote:Well, yeah, viewing the source code of the page is not exactly what I call a feature xD
...Very true...

Anyway, thank you both.
...Also, it doesn't crash the browser nine out of ten times. Huh.