[Bug?][P] Long Place-Transition Processing

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Bug?][P] Long Place-Transition Processing

Post by Enthalpy »

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 31.0

Description:

I've noticed a... sizable problem for my computer. Whenever the place changes, the player displays an intermediate state for a tenth of a frame, which is the old frame apart from dialogue, doing nothing. It's very distracting. However, I know that I have a terrible graphics card and CPU. Could those be the problem?

How to reproduce?:

Play any trial on my machine.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Bug?][P] Long Place-Transition Processing

Post by Unas »

Well, that might be, but that sounds really bad even for an old computer.

Can you define "terrible" more precisely ? Can you give me the name of your CPU and graphics card, or the name of the computer itself so that I can check ?
(I haven't used my netbook for months so I haven't tested V6 on it lately, but I don't think it could have gone that bad... :| )
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

And for some reason, I can't seem to reproduce this...

I'll post more details if I encounter it again.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The bug recurred while playing this approximately ~50 frame trial. I had skimmed through it earlier and went to play it a second time for a review. While doing so, the bug occurred twice. I used screen recorder footage to capture the second instance of the bug. The bug happened for 0.50 seconds, between frame IDs 39 and 40. I do not recall when the first instance occurred. When I went to play the game again, the bug was not observed.

Detailed Technical Information (from "Rank my Computer" from System Requirements Lab):

Processor
Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 2.0 GHz
Category: Value
Generation: 9th
Brand: Pentium Dual-Core
Cores: 2

Graphics
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Chipset: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Intel
Memory: 64 MB
Category: Mainstream
Generation: 10th
DirectX: 10.1
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The bug has also occurred often, but inconsistently in enigma and hershel_layton's competition entry. I know that you have played that recently or will be playing it soon. Are you getting the same bug

EDIT: In courtroom scenes, the pause has been seen to take place after the foreground object for the new place has loaded or the old foreground object has been torn down, but before the old place and character have been torn down.