[E] Sound Player

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

[E] Sound Player

Post by kwando1313 »

I... I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it... So here goes.

I remember that the Sound Manager for AAO was Flash based, which means you won't be able to hear music when trials are played on iOS or other mobile devices. Would it be possible to change the music player to something non-Flash based to let people playing on not computers play?

Granted, I'm not sure how much mobile traffic AAO gets in the first place, so... This might be completely silly and not necessary.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Zohar the Shiny
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E] Sound Player

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

I know that I played One Hell of a Turnabout on mobile first, and was confused by the presence of a "Mute" button.
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

When I tried it, I think Android was fine with sound, while the iPod or whatever it was didn't want to load it at all.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Actually, it's already compatible with non-flash environments in theory.

As far as I know, the main problem with iOS and Android browsers is that they refuse to play several sounds at the same time, whereas AAO requires at least 3 simultaneous ones.
When I last tried playing on my android phone, I got the bleeps but no sound effects and no music.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Would there be a way to check if they're on mobile and only play like... Music, or something?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

In theory yes, but I don't want to bother with that at the moment.
You know how it works : if I stall for a few more years saying "maybe one day", then mobile browsers will have improved to a point where they support everything... :-P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )