[E][P][Suggestions] Regarding multiple characters

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[E][P][Suggestions] Regarding multiple characters

Post by drvonkitty »

Having used v6 quite a bit in the past few months, I have a couple of suggestions that I think might be helpful.

+Allow character alignment to be changed even if a new background hasn't been selected
+Allow for layering options of characters, instead of just basing it on who was added first
+Maybe more adjustable movements between alignments? IIRC, as of right now, they just slide. A way to have them fade in and out between different alignments would be nice.
+When selecting a new pose for a character, it shouldn't default to custom poses IMO.

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [E][P][Suggestions] Regarding multiple characters

Post by Unas »

Answering point by point :

- It's a conceptual limitation. Technically, character positions depend on the place : even though currently there only are the default positions common to all places, in the future, you'll be able to define custom positions on each place. Therefore, to know on which position a character can move, you need to know on which place as well. I could make some kind of hybrid logic for the default positions.

- Indeed, I've been thinking about it and it definitely should be done some day. In fact, I think the best would be for the order in the screen editor to define the actual layering order.

- Fade in and out are planned for characters appearing and disappearing from the scene, but I have nothing planned for moving from one position to another.

- What do you mean exactly ?
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [E][P][Suggestions] Regarding multiple characters

Post by drvonkitty »

For the fourth one, what I mean is that when you're selecting a pose for a character onscreen, you get a pop-up to select the pose they'll be in. There's two subsections that can be opened - custom poses and default poses. If you have any custom poses, it'll automatically have custom poses open, which seems a bit silly to me, since I might have a single custom pose for a character and use default for all the rest of them. Custom poses should only be the default to be open when it's a custom character (i.e. no default poses).

Maybe that's just me though.