[v6] Dialogue Glitch

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

joeyhugg
Spoken languages: English

[v6] Dialogue Glitch

Post by joeyhugg »

Whenever I play test, I occasionally get a glitch in which the following happens (ignore the opening, that's just me skipping frames):

Any help?
Spoiler : What it looks like on the storyboard :
Edit: Meant to post this in Help and Support. Can anyone send this post over there?
Last edited by joeyhugg on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [v6] Dialogue Glitch

Post by Enthalpy »

What is the problem you're seeing? It looks to me like you just have lag between frames 68 and 69, and cut the video off before 69.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
joeyhugg

Post by joeyhugg »

Enthalpy wrote:What is the problem you're seeing? It looks to me like you just have lag between frames 68 and 69, and cut the video off before 69.
What you see is all I see. I've waited for around 5 minutes to just see that. It really makes no sense to me. I'll extend the gif, give me a second.

Edit:
Spoiler : Extended gif :
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

This is a known problem in v6. When you give it "nonsense" commands, it freezes up. The problem is that on frame 69, you have a "display evidence on screen" action, but haven't told v6 which piece of evidence you want it to display. This confuses v6, so it freezes up.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
joeyhugg

Post by joeyhugg »

Enthalpy wrote:This is a known problem in v6. When you give it "nonsense" commands, it freezes up. The problem is that on frame 69, you have a "display evidence on screen" action, but haven't told v6 which piece of evidence you want it to display. This confuses v6, so it freezes up.
Well, I feel stupid. That wasn't the problem, the problem was that I didn't save before I playtested. Sorry, I should've tried that first! Thanks for your help! You can delete this.