[Suggestion][P][E] General dialogue suggestions

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

[Suggestion][P][E] General dialogue suggestions

Post by drvonkitty »

Two suggestions this time.

*The actual games add a check-mark by completed conversations, so I think AAO should do the same. It'd just be a nice aesthetic thing to have IMO.

*The second is a bit heftier. Right now, when you have branch dialogue, everything is still organized into the same old column format. This can be frustrating when you have 4 possible paths that are all laid out in a practically unorganized column. A way to have this branch dialogue separated into menus, like present conversations are would be a life-saver for organization.

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [Suggestion][P][E] General dialogue suggestions

Post by kwando1313 »

Checkmark next to completed convos would be a nice feature. I'm in full agreement of that.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

For the checkmarks, the trial data is organized so that each talk option has a currently unused "icon" attribute, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was already planned.

I like the second option as well, but you're right. It is a bigger thing to implement.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Post by drvonkitty »

Actually, if it's just a general "icon" attribute, then maybe icons could also be added for when a conversation is locked behind a perceive/psyche-lock? That's also a feature in the actual games that'd be nice to have in AAO as well.

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

drvonkitty wrote:Actually, if it's just a general "icon" attribute, then maybe icons could also be added for when a conversation is locked behind a perceive/psyche-lock? That's also a feature in the actual games that'd be nice to have in AAO as well.
Yes, that was my idea : this icon setting could handle all these states ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )