[Project] Glitch Hunt

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Project] Glitch Hunt

Post by Enthalpy »

It hasn't been implemented.

That feature is only in the new v6 editor engine, not the old one. Depending on the other performance reports Unas gets, he might revert to the old engine, which does not have the save scrolling position feedback feature. I'll remove it when the feature is implemented and here-to-stay, which is not the case at present.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Update:

Textless Frame Typing has been changed to Whitespace Text Blips, per tests showing the bug was more expansive than initially thought.
Miscellaneous Player Errors bug has been added. See ED's topic "Some Observations."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Update:

Sound/Music Selection Random Failure added.
Timed Trial End Error added.
Variables and Saving added.
Timed Merged Frame Error added.
Courtroom Object lag added.

Turnabout Tomorrow bug report added.

Missing Animation File has had confirmed victims changed to "numerous," as any trial which uses Trucy Wright will have this glitch.

I hope to begin testing the Omniscient Game soon, and kwando1313 has begun testing of Turnabout Curtians. It is highly encouraged to play some of these listed trials in v6, see if anything acts up, and then tell us. If you don't have a lot of time on you hands, then you can also play a new member's trial, and tell us if anything happened. They would leave the feedback, and we would love the bug reports. If nothing else, please tell Unas how the v6 editor works for you on the "Editor lags?" topic.

This weekend, I plan to look at all open bugs and feedback to check for if they have been implemented since time of original posting. Feedback that has been acted upon in all respects that Unas said he would act upon them but still have some unimplemented feedback will be removed from the list at this time, unless Unas says he will implement the additional feedback. In particular, Merged Frame Re-Working may be closed, as it appears that Unas implemented all feedback from there that he said he would implement. Pop-Up/Start-Up Glitch may be removed or moved to feedback, as I heavily suspect this can be bypassed via a pop-up preloader sequence. This pruning is to avoid clutter, given the fairly high number of open bugs and feedback at the moment.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Update:

Add Playtesting Section feedback has been added.
Advanced-Basic Object Alternation bug has been added.
Animation Control Inheritance bug has been updated to be marked as a psuedo-bug that players should look out for but not report.
Automatic Left-Right Slides bug has been added.
Cross-Browser Lag bug has been added
Delete Cover-Up of Text Fields feedback has been added.
Inconsistent Series Numbering bug has been added.
Mislabeled Music bug has been added.
Missized Goodman Sprites bug has been added.
Redundant, Bugged Klavier Sprite bug has been added.
Runtime Area Select Partial Crash bug has been added.
Save Loading Transfers Incomplete Save States has been PARTIALLY FIXED and been amended.
Sound/Music Selection Random Failure bug has been FIXED and been removed!
Spanish Psyche-Lock Reveal bug has been added.
Text Plays During Smooth Scrolling bug has been FIXED and been removed!
Textless Frame Typing bug has been FIXED and been removed!
Variables and Saving bug has been FIXED and been removed!
Visible Mirror Effect Transition bug has been added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Glitch Hunt list has received a long overdue update. This week, I hope to go through and double-check all listed glitches to see if they're still active, and all listed feedback to see if they're unimplemented. There are two or three items on the list whose status may change depending on how Unas responds.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Update:

Default Smooth Scrolling feedback has been IMPLEMENTED and removed.
Frame Re-Ordering feedback has been IMPLEMENTED and removed.
Inaccessible Examine Conversations bug has been added.
Merged Frame Re-Working feedback has been IMPLEMENTED and removed.
Whitespace Text Blips bug has been FIXED and removed.

All easily testable bugs/feedback have been re-examined. This includes but is not limited to all bugs/feedback with test trials.

I'm contemplating two changes to the list:

* Adding a section for feedback/responses yet to be assessed.
* Making "pseudo-bugs" into their own section, so they aren't re-reported. This would include things like "Phantom Spaces" and this carryover bug from v5.

I would appreciate any feedback on these two.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Update:

Automatic Left-Right Slides bug has been FIXED and removed.
Evidence on Wrong Side for Prosecutors bug has been FIXED and removed.
Skipping Presents and Choices with Saves bug has been added.

Some bugs were fixed before they could be added to the list.

I'm contemplating two changes to the list:

* Adding a section for feedback/responses yet to be assessed.
* Making "pseudo-bugs" into their own section, so they aren't re-reported. This would include things like "Phantom Spaces" and this carryover bug from v5.

I would appreciate any feedback on these two.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Adding a section for feedback seems useful to me. Pseudo-bugs should just be reported as a standard bug: after all, it's still behaviour which is non-ideal for the player.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ferdielance »

I think a separate section of feedback is fine, but I don't think pseudo-bugs should be reported as bugs.

For one thing, pseudo-bugs will never be "fixed" in v6. Since the purpose of the bug list is to put together everything that needs to be checked on and dealt with in one place, whereas pseudo-bugs are more like behaviors that authors should watch out for, the two categories serve different purposes.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

A section for Unas-approved feedback already exists. I propose to add a section for feedback that Unas has yet to respond to, and other miscellaneous v6 topics requiring his attention.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Well, a section for feedback I've not replied to could be useful indeed.
As for "pseudo-bugs", it would be of no use to me (since it's stuff I've already said will not be fixed) but might serve for users as some kind of "troubleshooting FAQ" I guess. It's your call :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
KathrineHall

Post by KathrineHall »

I have issues using the dropdown boxes in this version :ron:
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

KathrineHall wrote:I have issues using the dropdown boxes in this version :ron:
I second this, but I think it's already on the list as this:

"* Sound Hover Error
Trying to click the sound box often leads to it failing. Connected to cache clearing."

What I do it click the actual text that says either "Music" or "Sound Effect" (or whatever it says), then click the sound, then hover the mouse far away from either of the sound boxes and click again. That usually picks the sound effect correctly.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

KathrineHall wrote:I have issues using the dropdown boxes in this version :ron:
All bugs should be reported in their own topic, so they're easier for Unas to find. Like Spyromed mentions, this appears to be an instance of the known Sound Hover Error bug.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7-31 Update Log:

Pseudo-Bug section has been added! Animation Control Inheritance and Phantom Spaces have been moved from the bug section to this section. The glitch record for Turnabout Tomorrow has been edited accordingly, from the outdated name Animation Synchronization Inheritance Glitch to Animation Control Inheritance pseudo-bug.
Unevaluated Feedback section has been added! Eight entries have been added; please notify me if there should be more.
One Hell of a Turnabout glitch report has been added!
Incomplete Unexpected Action Conversion bug has been added!
Undefined Evidence Behavior feedback has been implemented and removed!
Leave Page Confirmation Dialogue feedback has been added!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

8-15 Update Log:

Frame Renumbering feedback has been added.
Typos and Misspellings bug has been added.
Auto-Centering Text feedback has been moved from Unevaluated to Yet-to-be-Implemented Feedback.
Alternate Trial Ordering feedback has been added as Unevaluated.
Pop-up Preloading feedback has been added as Yet-to-be-Implemented.
Finished, Private Trials feedback has been added as Unevaluated.
Game Over into Variable Definition bug has been added.
Trial Report Button feedback has been added.
Inaccessible Examine Conversations bug has been FIXED and removed.
Turnabout of Courage glitch report has been added.

My update at the end of the month will feature a re-review of all active bugs.

I'm also considering removing the "what cases does this bug affect" entry for each bug. It is out-of-date, and I question how useful it is. Please leave any feedback on whether it should stay or not here.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

The list of affected cases if of little use to me - what matters is just that I have at least one case where I can reproduce the issue.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )