[Bug][P] Start-Animation-Only-Frame Conversion Error

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Bug][P] Start-Animation-Only-Frame Conversion Error

Post by Enthalpy »

We have two bugs for this one.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 28.0
Links: V5 Link
v6 Link (v5 Native)

Description:

Bug 1: Start-up animations jump to the last frame for a moment in v6.
Bug 2: If a start-up animation is used on a textless frame in a v5 native trial, and the next frame features dialogue from the same character, the corresponding talk animation for the start-up animation will play on that second frame.

How to reproduce?:

Bug 1: Use a start-up animation in v6.
Bug 2: Have two frames in a v5 trial, the first of which has a start-up animation without dialogue, and the next has a different animation from the same character, but dialogue.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Spoken languages: English

V6 - Weird Gif Looping

Post by Karma »

Very frequently, gif animations start at the wrong frame. This is especially distracting with animations like Franziska's whip, where it's synced up to a sound effect. Is this something that will ever be fixed?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Bug][P] Start-Animation-Only-Frame Conversion Error

Post by Enthalpy »

This bug has already been reported for start-up animations, including Franziska sprite 3. Accordingly, I have moved this topic to that report.

If you have observed this bug for non-start-up animations, please provide an example.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: [Bug][P] Start-Animation-Only-Frame Conversion Error

Post by TheDoctor »

I believe he's actually referring to all the animations, but it's just easier to notice on startups. And I believe this is due to certain browsers not restarting the animation from the beginning when they reload a gif that's already been loaded and cached. I could be wrong though.
Image Image Image