[Suggestion][✗] New Character Location: "Off-screen"

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Semper Solus
Spoken languages: English, עברית, Español
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

[Suggestion][✗] New Character Location: "Off-screen"

Post by Semper Solus »

You know how in Ace Attorney: Investigations, during the argument and rebuttal portions, when Edgeworth says something, sometimes Kay or Gumshoe chime in with a remark?

It's one of the reasons v6's new feature of having up to 3 characters on a screen at a time is so cool: because it lets you do things like that.

... sort of.

I've puttered around with v6, and it seems to me that a character can only "slide" from one location to another.

The trailer for the "Bright Age of the Law" had characters sliding in, but they slid from the defense and prosecution benches to the witness stand.

What I suggest: Two extra locations, in addition to the existing 11. One called "Left Offscreen", and one called "Right Offscreen".
Maybe two more for AAI locations.

I don't know if this can actually be done, but it seems such a shame to be so close, yet so far.
(seriously hoping i didnt miss some glaring feature of the editor again)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Suggestion] New Character Location: "Off-screen"

Post by Unas »

Actually I had a better plan for implementing character transitions, so that you could chose between fade-in/out, or slide from/to left or right.
This will happen at some point :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Semper Solus
Spoken languages: English, עברית, Español
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

Post by Semper Solus »

Unas wrote:Actually I had a better plan for implementing character transitions, so that you could chose between fade-in/out, or slide from/to left or right.
:nod:
Not going to lie; I am veritably squeeing over the comedic and storytelling possibilities. :awesome:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Unas wrote:Actually I had a better plan for implementing character transitions, so that you could chose between fade-in/out, or slide from/to left or right.
Are there any updated for this one? The automatic left/right slides pose a big graphics problem for one of my current projects, and I'd like some way to have more control over them.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Actually, those are bugs. Currently there shouldn't be any automatic left/right slides, it's just that smooth scrolling sometimes triggers when it shouldn't (most notably when you change the place, smooth scrolling shouldn't happen - it only has a meaning when you stay on the same place)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

I think the slide in and out features are extremely necessary for the V6 system of multiple characters per screen to really function satisfactorily. I would expect that feature to be relatively simple to implement, so would it perhaps be possible for you to include it at the time of the release of V6? :-)
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Maybe, but I don't see it as a high priority feature yet. It will depend on my progress on bugfixes.
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Unas wrote:Actually, those are bugs. Currently there shouldn't be any automatic left/right slides, it's just that smooth scrolling sometimes triggers when it shouldn't (most notably when you change the place, smooth scrolling shouldn't happen - it only has a meaning when you stay on the same place)
Would it be worth creating a new topic for, or are you already aware of this problem?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Well, you can just add a link to my post here from your buglist, so that I don't forget ;-)
ImageImageImage
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

This should be fixed now : smooth scrolling should not be triggered when changing the place.
ImageImageImage