[Feedback][E] Delete Cover-Up of Text Fields

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Feedback][E] Delete Cover-Up of Text Fields

Post by Enthalpy »

Suggestion that text fields and delete buttons be reduced in size so as to remove interlap. See other posts for details.
Spoiler : Original Post :
I believe that the "delete" button for editor actions should be relocated so that it does not occupy space taken up by the text field. In its current placement, it makes it difficult to fully read some of the text fields. Observe:

Would it be feasible to place the "delete" on an otherwise empty line above or below each "object" within the action? Assuming that doesn't expand length too badly, that sounds like the best placement.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: [Feedback][E] Relocate Delete Button

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I actually like the location as it is. I do think the dropdown menu and text bar should be shortened so it can fit. Yeah, it's really annoying from a user POV.
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

I actually think the delete button is fine where it is - it would be hard to drop it without taking too much space, because vertical space is very valuable when there are a lot of fields. Instead the text field could be moved more to the left, maybe widened, since the main complaint here is really an inability to see the entire expression. The delete button can also be replaced with a "x" icon to conserve space as well.

I quickly mocked up this concept with the console - here it's done by changing the "Delete" text to "x", setting the width to be 110% and decreasing the left margin of the box by 15%.
Spoiler : :

Hmm. The grid isn't perfect, but the editor already has very nice CSS/formatting and for this I would side on functionality.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

You two have a good point about vertical space. I'd rather see the text field and delete button sizes reduced instead.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Yep, I'll probably do something like SK showed, the looks like the best solution.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: [Feedback][E] Delete Cover-Up of Text Fields

Post by Enthalpy »

The topic has been re-titled to reduce confusion, and the original opening post has been placed in a spoiler tag.