["Bug"][P][✗] Different Merged Frame Action Priorities

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

["Bug"][P][✗] Different Merged Frame Action Priorities

Post by Enthalpy »

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 30.0
Links: v5 Version, v6 Version

Description:

If two frames are merged and both have actions, the v5 system works with the first action, but v6 works with the second action. I have not investigated how this generalizes to more than two merged frames.

The author's mistake existed in v5 anyways, so I can't call this a full-on bug in v6.

How to reproduce?:

Merge frames with actions on them.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: ["Bug"][P] Different Merged Frame Action Priorities

Post by Unas »

This is normal :
- in V5 the first action of the series of merged frames was used at the end, and a frame following one with "merged" ticked cannot have an action.
- in V6 each frame has its own action and only the last frame (the one which has "merged" unticked) can have a complex action, which makes much more sense.

I've made it backwards compatible by carrying over the first frame's complex action until the end of the series of merged frames, but if there is another action in the middle (which, again, shouldn't happen on V5) this action will be used instead.

The only problem here is that the V5 editor apparently did not enforce the "no action on frame merged with previous" rule.
But in this (rare) case, the proper solution is to fix the V5 trial itself.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: ["Bug"][P] Different Merged Frame Action Priorities

Post by Enthalpy »

I had a hunch that was the case. Thanks for looking at it.

I'll add a Glitch Hunt section for v5->v6 conversion errors that need to be fixed by the author, for future cases like this.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson