[Question] Null Value Object Purpose

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Question] Null Value Object Purpose

Post by Enthalpy »

I've begun looking over the raw v6 data in-depth for some magic of my own. While doing so, I noticed some objects in the JSON that can't have certain values set via the editor. For example, every profile object has the name value-pairs:

Code: Select all

"auto_place_position":"","auto_place":"","auto_colour":""
Yet there's currently no way in the v6 editor to set those three values to something other than "", making them useless by all appearances.

Are there plans to add auto-place, auto-position, and auto-color to the v6 editor at some point? If so, are there any other features that are planned but not yet coded? If not, why are those in the editor data?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Question] Null Value Object Purpose

Post by Unas »

I had forgotten about these fields - to be honest I'm not sure I want to implement such a system on V6.
These auto properties per character were not the best way to solve the efficiency issues with repetitive tasks - my plan currently is rather to implement some kind of "frame templates" that will be more polyvalent.
So don't bother with those, they will probably disappear.

Anyway, yes, the trial data contains some fields which are not yet used in the player or editor, because I expect to implement the corresponding features in the future. There is at least one more "yet to be used" field in the JSON that I can think of :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

A cursory look at the trial data (which I expect I will get much more familiar with soon) yielded the following as having the data there, but being unimplemented:

* Background hiding in places
* Custom place positions
* AAI scenes
* Deductions for non-AAI scenes
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Enthalpy wrote:A cursory look at the trial data (which I expect I will get much more familiar with soon) yielded the following as having the data there, but being unimplemented:

* Background hiding in places
* Custom place positions
* AAI scenes
* Deductions for non-AAI scenes
The first one is probably more a mistake on my part, as I don't think it'd be that useful. It's probably just because the place objects had this "hidden" attribute and I copied it over without thinking.

As for the rest, well, yes, that's in the plans for the future - but you're spoiling everything :P
You could also have noticed other things in the frame character properties, that I've mentioned in the past and will come at some point. :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )