Getting Started with the AAO Trial Editor (V6)

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: Getting Started with AAO V6 (Complete!)

Post by drvonkitty »

Yeah, basically what they said. While it would save a little bit of time, it's not enough to warrant adding it as a feature when it causes lag. Now, a feature to allow clicking on the box of the background to immediately open a background selection, on the other hand, would be amazing. That only partially exists with the thing that pops up when you hover over it, iirc.

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Sorry for the necro, but doesn't [#/color] not work, don't you have to use [#/colour] for the engine to understand it?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That's right; the tag has the u in it as well.

"Necroposting" is fine if the post is clearly relevant to people, like clarifying the v6 tags would be.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Inmento

Post by Inmento »

This is probably a dead thread, and I didn't seem to find my answer on any of the 5 pages (Although with my sleep deprivation I might've missed it) But you used courtroom in your example as well as Miles...well...there is no Courtroom. I've got co-council benches suiting my needs until I figure this out.

Edit: Figured that part out. I was not fully exploring options. Just in-case someone skimmed your post as I did for the beginning parts, find the courtroom benches and then do left or right aligned. Not sure if this really needs to stay or not...but it's here.

I do have another question, but I'm thinking it's better as it's own post than a comment...don't wish to revive a dead post more than I already have.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It's better to ask questions in a Help and Support thread, unless they are clearly related to the tutorial at hand. In particular, "where are the defense benches?" is the fourth most active question. There's a chance the answer you're looking for is there as well, but if you can't seem to find it there, don't hesitate to ask!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TurnaboutTwins!
Spoken languages: English. Intermediate Spanish.

Post by TurnaboutTwins! »

I NEED HELP, I can't move from one place to the other. I have done what is said I have set it up so the places are connected and done it in a seprate new tab but no matter what I do it doesnt do anything.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

No, you didn't.
drvonkitty wrote:From the dropdown, you can select the move target you want to go to, and then click on the brown "add to move targets" to add it.
You need to select the right move location from the Dropdown box. The name you give the location after you've selected it has no impact on what scene the location goes to. That name only overrides the name that you gave the scene in its "investigation scene" block.

You set it so that you can move from Scene 1 to Scene 1... Which isn't going to get you anywhere.
Trainer Gold

Post by Trainer Gold »

NOTE: You will need to use [#/colour:#00FF00] and not [#/color:#00FF00]. I tested using [#/color:#00FF00] just for the sake of it (I'm Australian) and it just didn't work and it ruined the whole dialogue. So yeah, don't try it (sorry, Americans...).
YoU aRE nO LonGEr uSeFul
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:Sorry for the necro, but doesn't [#/color] not work, don't you have to use [#/colour] for the engine to understand it?
Enthalpy wrote:That's right; the tag has the u in it as well.

"Necroposting" is fine if the post is clearly relevant to people, like clarifying the v6 tags would be.
:P
Riaru

Post by Riaru »

Really helpful!
Joking on the editor, I wondered where were defense and prosecutor benches! :calisto:
Finally I know what do do!
Trainer Gold

Post by Trainer Gold »

Riaru wrote:Really helpful!
Joking on the editor, I wondered where were defense and prosecutor benches! :calisto:
Finally I know what do do!
Yeah, they're with the Witness Stand. You just have to edit the align thingy and change it from to Centred to Left-Aligned (for defence) or Right-Aligned (for prosecutor).
YoU aRE nO LonGEr uSeFul
drvonkitty

Re: Getting Started with AAO V6

Post by drvonkitty »

I've done a tiny revamp to the this guide, and I've added a new section for helpful tips. It's rather short at the moment, so please PM me some tips so I can add them to the guide! I'm looking for easy, helpful things that a new user (or returning user!) may not know to do/use.

drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Since I've been making my (kind of) return to AAO lately, I'm considering poking around a bit with this guide to clean it up and make it easier to read/understand. There's also a few places the guide could go into more detail (wait timers, types of sound effects, smooth transitions, examples of how to do line breaks, variables, etc.) so I might consider adding some more information on that front. I think having some more practical advice on how to actually implement this knowledge of the editor into a trial might help.

I guess that could also fit well into an entirely separate "How to make trials" guide similar to the one that Hodou Okappa (sp?) made a few years back. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, or anything they think I could improve upon in this guide, please let me know.

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I think a guide like that would best be a separate thing. The technical skills of using the editor are completely independent from the technical skills needed for designing CEs, writing characters, ect.

It sounds like a good project, though!
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Yeah, you're probably right. I think I'll poke around with that at some point, and possibly reach out via PM for input to a few notable trial authors for their input. That's definitely more of a long-term project though.

Anyhow, I've started on a revamp of this guide, focusing in on some places I've felt it was lacking and also cleaning up the formatting. I've finished reformatting the first section, and I've also added a trial tutorial on line breaks and the standard wait timers for popups to the helpful hints section. Should get to work on the other sections in the next few days.