Project Listing

If you wish to contribute to the Ace Attorney Online Game Creation Engine open source project, or just know more about the way it is developed, this is the place.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Project Listing

Post by Enthalpy »

Project Listing
The following is a list of projects that people want to work on, organized by developer. Post in this thread to have your data added to the list or updated, so others interested in this feature know who to contact, or if the feature still needs a developer. Claiming a project as yours on this list does not prevent other people from working on it. If a project is already claimed on here, as a courtesy, ask the claimer before you start on it.

Additions to the list should include how high priority the feature is to you, stage of development, and how you feel about others taking up the project or collaborating with you. You can add other information as appropriate.

Enthalpy
* Greyscale/CSS Effect - High priority; Paused until after case competition

ThePasch
* Enhanced Music Fade Support - High priority; Paused until we figure out the rowmap system

Unclaimed
* Profile/Evidence Duplication - Target for next release, great starter project!
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Re: Project Listing

Post by mercurialSK »

Enthalpy wrote:* Adding hotkeys - Top priority
Can I get this updated to say "low priority" on that one? Or some kind of inactive state? I don't think I'll be able to get onto it properly for a long time...
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Done.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I have been trying to program an addition to the Editor so you can choose whether in order to initiate the psyche-lock sequence, you press the button AJ and AAO style or present the magatama AA style. More information here. Can you please add that to the list at medium priority? Thanks! :maya:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

This list is for projects people plan to take, not that people want taken. We have a whole Suggestions forum for that.

I might add untaken suggestions to the list to "advertize" them, if they're highly popular and Unas-approved. Your suggestion meets neither criteria.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

This is really random, but... Is there a reason there isn't a quick reply button on this subforum...?

Also, on a less random note, this should probably be stickied or something like that, no?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Also, since 12 hours has passed...

Unas, would you allow me to (hopefully) program in support for video tags? Since I believe v6 is supporting only HTML5 compatible browsers, and I believe video tags now have widespread support...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Support for video is a good idea and I'm all for it.
Actually, there was a project long ago to include it in the player, using a custom flash-based player which would allow overlaying AA-style buttons to control the video and all - there was a basic prototype by lukegb but in the end it was kind of dropped. In fact I've never been too thrilled about using custom Flash-based solutions as I don't know Flash myself, so my stance is to do all that can be done in JS, and rely on well maintained external libraries for the rest (like the Soundmanager2 library I use for playing sounds and music).

Anyway, back on the subject : I'm all for implementing support for videos, but it requires a fair bit of planning ;-)

First, you need to clarify the scope of what you want to implement. "support for video tags" in which circumstances ?
  • Video as a type of page in the evidence "check" data ?
    That's definitely the simplest part.
  • Displaying videos on the top screen ?
    If so, how ? Video playing on the whole top screen, or video behaving like a background, with potentially characters and so on overlayed ?
  • Presenting a video, and a specific part of the video ?
    That's the most interesting feature I think, but the toughest to implement.
Anyway, I suggest that you open a new topic on this subject, and clarify the scope of what you wish to do based on these questions - and whatever more comes to your mind :-)
Of course here I mention use cases in the player : don't forget to start thinking about how this would be integrated in the editor as well.

EDIT : oh, and no specific reason for Quick Reply, it's just disabled by default on new forums and I always forget to turn it on. It should be ok now.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Well, initially, was thinking about the following:

1) Check button to display as evidence.
2) Opening video cutscenes displaying on the top screen.

But yes, this does warrant its own topic - and I would much appreciate help on this matter. I'll try doing that once I get home. xP

But that being said, is there still a reason we use SoundManager 2 as opposed to like HTML audio tags? Considering, I believe those are also fully supported with HTML5....

Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Oooh, this thing finally has a forum? Yay~

Sadly, personally I'm currently busy with work, so my contribution has remained rather... lackluster. But hey, I'll cheer you on and try to find time to be more active. :)

Someday on AAO.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Anywho, I have another (hopefully minor) project that I want to do.

Basically, adding in the functionality on mouse hover, that an examine button will pop up, so people know whether or not there is actual dialogue there, or if it's just junk dialogue.

Though, if anyone wants to help me, that would be pretty sweet~

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Added.
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

I don't want to disturb y'all in here, but wouldn't this list fit better on the development Wiki? That way, people can also put their names on projects manually.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm fairly certain that wiki editing privileges will be Unas-only.

Changed the status of my Chrome Dimension Rendering Glitch to active. I'm aiming to have a topic up detailing my investigation thus far by Sunday. This has become far more complicated than I thought.
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

That does not sound like a Wiki to me.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.