[Project] Issue Tracker

If you wish to contribute to the Ace Attorney Online Game Creation Engine open source project, or just know more about the way it is developed, this is the place.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

[Project] Issue Tracker

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Now that the issue tracker is up and running, I want to migrate some of the more important issues in the Comments and Ideas forum and the Bug Reports forum to the Issue Tracker in bitbucket. I may need some help, so who's with me? :portsman: If you wish to be a part of this project, please specify which forum or subforum you will be looking through.

Members:

Comments and Ideas:
  1. AceAttorneyMaster111
AAOv6 Beta:
  1. Enthalpy
Bug Reports
More can always be added!
Last edited by AceAttorneyMaster111 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Project] Issue Tracker

Post by Enthalpy »

I may work on this later, but it's good to see some thing finally getting moved to the issue tracker. Thanks.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of adding the original suggester in the issue title. If you had to add it, it would be better placed in the actual suggestion, with a link to the topic of discussion.

When you make the report, be sure to be clear about what you're proposing, summarizing the general consensus in the topic, and pointing out if there is one. See my responses to the issues you put up.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Thanks AAMaster, that's a good idea :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'll take up the v6 section. That forum needs to be cleaned out anyways, so I might as well.

Unas, tell me if you have any special instructions besides "incorporate Meph's tag system, and add issues to the bug tracker as appropriate."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AceAttorneyMaster111

Thanks for volunteering, Enthalpy! :pearlhappy:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Oh, and a question for Unas about the issue tracker - How do you want us to handle suggestions that aren't implementable, e.g., customizable shake intensity?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

You can fill them in the tracker but with the state "on hold" (if I approved the idea) or "wontfix" (if I disapproved).

For me, the different issue states would be the following :
- Open : everyone is free to investigate it and work on it.
- On hold : there is a blocking technical issue.
- Invalid : Unreproducible bug or working as designed,
- Wontfix : Rejected suggestion.
- Resolved : Solved on develop branch.
- Closed : Solved on master branch, tested live on the website.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
AceAttorneyMaster111

BTW, kinda off-topic, but what do you use master branch for? You said not to pull request in, so what is it for?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

The code on master corresponds to the code currently installed on the website.
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, that should be the migration of every open/on hold issue from the v6 forum to the Issue Tracker that isn't possibly closable now...

...putting us at 120 issues.

A programmer, I suppose, never cries until it's all over.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Now the real glitch hunt can start :-P
ImageImageImage