Wooper's Collection of Garbage (Random Update)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Wooper's Collection of Garbage (Random Update)

Post by Wooper »

Okay, so...
Here is my small collection of sprites and arts. Most of them are total crap, but whatever.
If any of the sprites here say "Free For Use," you can use them for whatever you want and edit them. Just tell me if you do, because I want to see them!

Sprites!
Here is my collection of sprites. In order of when I made them. Most of them aren't really that good, but...
Spoiler : Erol Donokpu :
Was planned to be the prosecutor for Axcel Crest before it was abandoned. Free for use in anyone wants to..
Spoiler : Axcel Crest :
Image Image
ImageWas the main Character of Axcel Crest: Ace Attorney before it was abandoned. Free for use.
Spoiler : Violetta White :
Was planned for use in PW:AA The Final Truth, but Nyhmthetim made better sprites for that cause, so she was left abandoned. Free for use.
Spoiler : Rob Lakota Beta :
Image A test sprite. The shading is off and he blinks too fast. To be fixed soon.
Spoiler : Sammy Soap :
A work with Nyhmthetim.
Spoiler : LaGoré Preist :
Mostly from Scratch
Sprite Edits
Spoiler : Judge Badger :
Image Was originally going to be used as the judge in a comedy case. Free for use.
Spoiler : Seizure Payne :
Image The profile of the main character of a comedy case. Free for use.
Spoiler : Iris dressed as Dahlia :
Image AN entry to an AAO comp
Spoiler : Dahlia dressed as Iris :
Image N entry to an AAO comp
Spoiler : Angel Dahlia and Devil Iris :
Image Made for an AAO comp.
Spoiler : Defense Attorney Pearl :
Image Image
A collaborative effort of Nyhmthetim and me. Ask him if you want to use it.
Spoiler : Assistant Pearl :
Pearl as Co-counsel. To be used in our fangame, Final Truth. Ask Nyhmthetim if you want to use it.
Graphics
Yeah, I got into this a while ago. I'm not very good, but I like what comes out.
Spoiler : Yohanna Fey :
Spoiler : Nyhm :
Spoiler : Violetta White :
Spoiler : Pearl Fey :
Spoiler : Language Arts Project :
ImageHAd to do something in Language arts, but I think it turned out pretty good, so I'm posting it here.
Spoiler : Edgeworth :
Spoiler : Rob Lakota :

Requests:
-Sprites (I need a base drawing to work off of, even just a thing made in paint in about 10 seconds. It's to give me an idea of the sprite)
-AVs (I need the character and theme.)
Last edited by Wooper on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:58 am, edited 16 times in total.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Re: Wooperboy's Sprites

Post by Dypo deLina »

First of all, you should save as PNG, since it gives the best results, and ups the quality. Second, some criticism which will help you on your way to becoming a legend (possibly)! :D
Spoiler : Criticism pertaining to Axcel Crest :
- In the first sprite, which I assume to be the normal stance, the arms are the main problem. The left arm (right for us) is angled awkwardly, and the body is cut off while the other arm just goes all the way down. Furthermore, it's curiously straight for an arm that's suppose to be hanging next to his body loosely... The rest is nicely done, though. ;)
Still, you might want to not abuse Edgeworth's / Phoenix's hands too much, as they seem a tad bit too large in comparison with his head.

- The second sprite has the same problem with his left arm (right for us) as in the first sprite. It's angled awkwardly. The right arm (left for us) looks rather odd as well. It seems like the top is exceptionally muscled, while the arm loses a tad bit of its muscular looks at the end. And again, don't abuse hands that are a bit too big for him. The watch looks nice, though. :)

- The third sprite is anatomically better than the last two, but still not quite correct. The right shoulder should align with his body a bit more, since it looks like he's stretching his body especially to make his arm look that way now.

- In the zoom sprite, it's actually okay to have outlines of more than one pixel wide, honestly. If you just fix that (I'd redo it from scratch, because just manually adding pixels might be tedious, and you might actuallly get an even better result this time), it'll look really good. :D
And that's all for now. I'll give you some crit on the rest later, when I have time. :)
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Dypo wrote:First of all, you should save as PNG, since it gives the best results, and ups the quality. Second, some criticism which will help you on your way to becoming a legend (possibly)! :D
Spoiler : Criticism pertaining to Axcel Crest :
- In the first sprite, which I assume to be the normal stance, the arms are the main problem. The left arm (right for us) is angled awkwardly, and the body is cut off while the other arm just goes all the way down. Furthermore, it's curiously straight for an arm that's suppose to be hanging next to his body loosely... The rest is nicely done, though. ;)
Still, you might want to not abuse Edgeworth's / Phoenix's hands too much, as they seem a tad bit too large in comparison with his head.

- The second sprite has the same problem with his left arm (right for us) as in the first sprite. It's angled awkwardly. The right arm (left for us) looks rather odd as well. It seems like the top is exceptionally muscled, while the arm loses a tad bit of its muscular looks at the end. And again, don't abuse hands that are a bit too big for him. The watch looks nice, though. :)

- The third sprite is anatomically better than the last two, but still not quite correct. The right shoulder should align with his body a bit more, since it looks like he's stretching his body especially to make his arm look that way now.

- In the zoom sprite, it's actually okay to have outlines of more than one pixel wide, honestly. If you just fix that (I'd redo it from scratch, because just manually adding pixels might be tedious, and you might actuallly get an even better result this time), it'll look really good. :D
And that's all for now. I'll give you some crit on the rest later, when I have time. :)
So, do these look a bit better?
Spoiler : :
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Alright, here I go again. x3
Spoiler : Some more crit on the sprites :
- The first one looks nigh-on perfect now, you just need to move his right arm (left for us) a tiiiiiiny bit to the right. 2 or 3 pixels, I'd say. :3
- There's one thing that really irks me about this one, but it's an improvement. I'll get back to you on this one when I find out what's irking me like that. It's still the arm. Just can't put my finger on it what... xD
- The arm looks a bit too big, try making it a little smallerin width. Also, now his torso has been made to align a bit more... but a bit too much. A good technique would be to copy the outline on the other side, and to paste it again. Then remove the leftover outline, and BAM. Done. :D
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Dypo wrote:Alright, here I go again. x3
Spoiler : Some more crit on the sprites :
- The first one looks nigh-on perfect now, you just need to move his right arm (left for us) a tiiiiiiny bit to the right. 2 or 3 pixels, I'd say. :3
- There's one thing that really irks me about this one, but it's an improvement. I'll get back to you on this one when I find out what's irking me like that. It's still the arm. Just can't put my finger on it what... xD
- The arm looks a bit too big, try making it a little smallerin width. Also, now his torso has been made to align a bit more... but a bit too much. A good technique would be to copy the outline on the other side, and to paste it again. Then remove the leftover outline, and BAM. Done. :D
There's something irking me about the DS one too, but I can't put my finger on what...
BTW, any opinions on my other sprites or the image in my signature?
Any would be helpful ^>^
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

About the deskslam -

1. The arm is hard to read. I can't quite tell where the mid-arm joint is without looking closely. It looks pretty dispropotionate either way. If I'm seeing it correctly, he either has a really long wrist or half his arm is pathetically short.
2. You should try shading it like the other arm, so the perspective doesn't seem totally whacked.
3. His wristband thing is curved the wrong way.
4. His arm seems to be further away from his torso than it is in the first sprite.
5. On top of that, his torso seems to be wider to make up for it.

Not a bad effort, Wooperboy, but that pose definitely needs work. :)
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

About Vivian, she's recolored very nicely, but her tie, is it connected to her scarf or something, and on the scarf there's a block of white on it. The glasses, are a bit indescribable, maybe look at Young Klavier's as an example as to how they should be formed maybe?
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Wooper

Re: Wooperboy's Game-related art and sprites (Gallery Update

Post by Wooper »

Updated the gallery if you want to look at it!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Not bad!

I personally like the recolors on Mia Fey, aka Violetta White. Although, it intrigues me that she's smiling on every sprite. :XD:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

TKHawaiianAZN wrote:Not bad!

I personally like the recolors on Mia Fey, aka Violetta White. Although, it intrigues me that she's smiling on every sprite. :XD:
Well, as redd white's daughter, I would think that she'd be very arrogant :)
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Wooper

Re: Wooperboy's Game-related art and sprites-Requests now op

Post by Wooper »

Legal double post!

New artwork and sprites added!

Nyhm Artwork (one of my better ones)
Spoiler : :
A character for Final Truth. Not gonna say too much more because its mostly a spoiler, even her name.
Spoiler : Major Final Truth Spoiler :) :
Image Image
I think the talk one is the best talk I've done up to this point.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

She has no neck. :|
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

...*faceaplm*
Thanks! *goes to fix it*
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Koda

Post by Koda »

Alright, decided to give you some crit on your newest sprite of that little girl. ;)

First off, the outlines. They're really strong, and definitely need some anti-aliasing. The eyes really need some work, as they don't look AA styled. The mouth needs more dimension as well - the open needs depth, which can be achieved by adding more colours, as well as some other details such as teeth. The half open needs depth as well - if you compare with real AA sprites, you can see that the teeth are rarely, if never, only one colour.

Now, the real issue is the shading, which I've noticed in all of your recent sprites.

Burn/Dodging = NO.
Going pixel by pixel with a limited pallette achieved through hard work and dedication = YES.

tl;dr: Please don't burn/dodge... It makes the sprite look really messy and non AA. By putting in a bit of extra effort, you'll notice a world of difference.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

nudalman wrote:Alright, decided to give you some crit on your newest sprite of that little girl. ;)
Thanks
First off, the outlines. They're really strong, and definitely need some anti-aliasing.
Uh, K...
The eyes really need some work, as they don't look AA styled.
I'm not really that great with eyes...
The mouth needs more dimension as well - the open needs depth, which can be achieved by adding more colours, as well as some other details such as teeth. The half open needs depth as well - if you compare with real AA sprites, you can see that the teeth are rarely, if never, only one colour.
K, I'll keep that in mind
Now, the real issue is the shading, which I've noticed in all of your recent sprites.

Burn/Dodging = NO.
Going pixel by pixel with a limited pallette achieved through hard work and dedication = YES.

tl;dr: Please don't burn/dodge... It makes the sprite look really messy and non AA. By putting in a bit of extra effort, you'll notice a world of difference.
Uh...I don't dodge/burn, I make new colors. You might also be referring to the blur around the shading, I suppose I'll just start with pixil-by=pixil work :(
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko