Wooper's Collection of Garbage (Random Update)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Re: Wooper's Collection of Garbage

Post by Wooper »

Okay, so I tried to make a sprite of him at the defense bench, and it just looks like crap.
I'm really not very good at this...
crappier base.png
The bases used are Phoenix's body, Klavier's head, and Manfred's hair.

I know it sucks, so don't go too hard on it.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
ZetaAzuel
Spoken languages: English

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Wooper don't be so hard on yourself. As everyone's saying your artwork is importing so take some pride in that fact.
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Spoiler : Grammar Nazism :
ZetaAzuel wrote:Wooper, don't be so hard on yourself. As everyone's saying, your artwork is improving, so take some pride in that fact.
I suppose, but Huddi still called it garbage. Without even looking at it. If he assumes it's crap without even having to see it, how good could it be?
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Koda

Re: Wooper's Art-ish Stuff.

Post by Koda »

Wooper wrote:So, here's a character I've been working on for a little bit.

His name's LaGoré Priest, a partner of sorts and the defendant of case 2 in Rob Lakota. Done mostly from scratch.
You can ask to use him, if you want. Just give credit!
The body looks pretty good, hair looks fine, but the monocle and beard don't look like they're "part of him"... they look like they're made of paper and glued on. Sorry if that makes no sense, but it's the best way I can describe it.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Yeah, I understand what yuo mean. I'm pretty sure it's the lack of shading around those areas to make them "blend" together.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Or it could be the fact that their outlines are pretty much black... even editing those outlines to make them lighter would help a lot.
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Here's some more crap I did for a "welcom back gift" for nyhmthetim

Animation and Profile made by me, Original design was made by Nyhmthetim, base sprite was created by ED Revolution.

Screenshots (intended for view against a black background):

Photograph:
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
lazyplague

Re: Wooper's Collection of Garbage (Random Update)

Post by lazyplague »

Ooh Nice.
You did great on the sprite.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Umm... I didn't make the sprite. Only the animation.

I couldn't dream of producing anything that good.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Well you did a good job on animating it then.=p
Koda

Post by Koda »

Good job, I'm starting to see improvement.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Wooper wrote:
ZetaAzuel wrote:Wooper, don't be so hard on yourself. As everyone's saying, your artwork is improving, so take some pride in that fact.
I suppose, but Huddi still called it garbage. Without even looking at it. If he assumes it's crap without even having to see it, how good could it be?

Wow, I just saw this post, what the? :P

Wooper, next time you want to spread lies about me, do it when I'm around, because I don't remember ever seeing/hearing/ever been asked to critique anything related to this sprite from you...EVER, just sayin' ;P
It's probably something that would have amounted to misunderstanding, but that's okay, I'm willing to take flak for it.
The least you could've done is approach to me in private about this like you did your RL demo.

You've already gotten other people trying to confront me about this on xat at the time of this post, but it's too bad I've already gotten backed up proving that statement you made is pretty much a lie.

However, now that I'm here, I'll go ahead and critique that sprite you were talking about, watch this space.
--------------------------

I'll be critiquing the defense pose sprite of this La Gore character (because this is what I assume that you're claiming what I said was "garbage").

Let's first talk about the first eyesore that I see:
The V-neckline...Just what exactly IS that? The different colorings on the entire V-neckline seems to indicate this dude is wearing 5 layers of clothing together, no wonder his body looks real large compared to his sagely neck+face :lol:
Is the olive colored part of the v-neckline supposed to be a scarf? Because it really doesn't seem like it.
It also doesn't help that due to the rest of the coloring you have on this character's suit (the blue/dark blue), that the V-neckline sticks out like a sore thumb REAL bad.

As a matter of fact, there's very little lack of shading on all of those different colors, you should probably fix that, as right now it gives me an illusion that it looks painted atm.

Let's talk about his neck while we're at it:
Why is it the black line indicating his neck is really...uneven? There's nothing smoothly curved about it, unless you were trying to ensure that this character has a rather bumpy adam's apple sticking out :P
Actually, all of your lines+implied lines (such as the blue "suit", the 5 layers of clothing on the v-neckline) are pretty much all uneven and inconsistent. You need to seriously revamp that.
Get some shadings on the neck btw, it looks real cartoony.

I have nothing to say about the hair...Except when it comes to the front is it supposed to be implied that he has a large bald spot/the hair is pulled back?

You know, the monocle chain looked real good on his face...until the curve going downward makes it look like the chain is part of his goatee beard :lol:, you should probably fix that so it doesn't throw off some random Asian dude like me viewing this for the first time in his life, because the chain looks like it's a part of his hair that's holding the monocle up, not some actual chain :P

His goatee doesn't look like it's properly shaded...again, it looks real cartoony, fix that.

His little pointily curved nose looks like a kids...

What's that white object being covered by his super dark blue suit? It looks like a big prosecutor's badge in comparison to an ACTUAL medal that's from his front sprite...pretty inconsistent error there :lol:

The shading on his face seems to indicate he got a rather odd...tanline, he looks like he's going to get pale if he gets exposed to light...Idk if this was intentional or not though haha.

Why is it in this defense pose he looks like a real buff guy, but in that front pose on the last page or w/e he looks like an actual old man?
------------------------

Honestly? I don't see how this can be a good "base" to use. Your concept is alright (for his face that is), but the most I can say about it execution-wise is...The nicest way I can put it is: "meh".

And that's about all I have for the critique that I have (apparently) called "garbage". Really, if you want to call it garbage, it would be only because the v-neckline has an assortment of colors that do not go well together at ALL (it's like there's actual garbage stuffed in dude's neck).

Hope the (legit) critique will actually help you improve ;)
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Phantom wrote:
Wooper wrote:

Wow, I just saw this post, what the? :P

Wooper, next time you want to spread lies about me, do it when I'm around, because I don't remember ever seeing/hearing/ever been asked to critique anything related to this sprite from you...EVER, just sayin' ;P
It's probably something that would have amounted to misunderstanding, but that's okay, I'm willing to take flak for it.
The least you could've done is approach to me in private about this like you did your RL demo.
Honestly, in that post I really was trying to put myself down as much as I could. I do remember you calling my art thread garbage one when I asked yuo to look at it, and I suppose I just misinterpreted it. Sorry about that.
You've already gotten other people trying to confront me about this on xat at the time of this post, but it's too bad I've already gotten backed up proving that statement you made is pretty much a lie.
Again, it really isn't a direct lie, because iirc at the tim eI made that post yuo had said 1.) that my art thread is garbage and 2.) this sprite wouldn't be better than my previous ones. Just saying.
However, now that I'm here, I'll go ahead and critique that sprite you were talking about, watch this space.
--------------------------

I'll be critiquing the defense pose sprite of this La Gore character (because this is what I assume that you're claiming what I said was "garbage").
Actually, I was referring to his front pose, but this is fine too.
Let's first talk about the first eyesore that I see:
The V-neckline...Just what exactly IS that? The different colorings on the entire V-neckline seems to indicate this dude is wearing 5 layers of clothing together, no wonder his body looks real large compared to his sagely neck+face :lol:
Hmm, well he is wearing 3 layers, which is why I made his clothing really thick, but I suppose I did go overboard.
Is the olive colored part of the v-neckline supposed to be a scarf? Because it really doesn't seem like it.
Nope, just another shirt. Don't ask me why I put so many on him XD
It also doesn't help that due to the rest of the coloring you have on this character's suit (the blue/dark blue), that the V-neckline sticks out like a sore thumb REAL bad.
It's supposed to have a high contrast, but I suppose.

As a matter of fact, there's very little lack of shading on all of those different colors, you should probably fix that, as right now it gives me an illusion that it looks painted atm.
It's kinda hard to shade in such a small area
Let's talk about his neck while we're at it:
Why is it the black line indicating his neck is really...uneven? There's nothing smoothly curved about it, unless you were trying to ensure that this character has a rather bumpy adam's apple sticking out :P
Ah, good catch!
Actually, all of your lines+implied lines (such as the blue "suit", the 5 layers of clothing on the v-neckline) are pretty much all uneven and inconsistent. You need to seriously revamp that.
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Get some shadings on the neck btw, it looks real cartoony.
Or lack of shadings DX
I have nothing to say about the hair...Except when it comes to the front is it supposed to be implied that he has a large bald spot/the hair is pulled back?
IT was pretty hard to sprite this correctly, but it's supposed to be simmilar to Manfred's hair except pulled back farther, and thus almost invisible from the front.
You know, the monocle chain looked real good on his face...until the curve going downward makes it look like the chain is part of his goatee beard :lol:, you should probably fix that so it doesn't throw off some random Asian dude like me viewing this for the first time in his life, because the chain looks like it's a part of his hair that's holding the monocle up, not some actual chain :P
Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll fix that!
His goatee doesn't look like it's properly shaded...again, it looks real cartoony, fix that.
Nor is it the right size....
His little pointily curved nose looks like a kids...
Yeah, I guess it does. I'll fix that.
What's that white object being covered by his super dark blue suit? It looks like a big prosecutor's badge in comparison to an ACTUAL medal that's from his front sprite...pretty inconsistent error there :lol:
Well, it was kinda hard to make the medals exactly the right way, you know :wink:
The shading on his face seems to indicate he got a rather odd...tanline, he looks like he's going to get pale if he gets exposed to light...Idk if this was intentional or not though haha.
Intentional, actually.
Why is it in this defense pose he looks like a real buff guy, but in that front pose on the last page or w/e he looks like an actual old man?
I dunno :P I'll see what I can do to fix that.
------------------------

Honestly? I don't see how this can be a good "base" to use. Your concept is alright (for his face that is), but the most I can say about it execution-wise is...The nicest way I can put it is: "meh".

And that's about all I have for the critique that I have (apparently) called "garbage". Really, if you want to call it garbage, it would be only because the v-neckline has an assortment of colors that do not go well together at ALL (it's like there's actual garbage stuffed in dude's neck).

Hope the (legit) critique will actually help you improve ;)
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Legal Double Post!

Okay, after doing some work, I'm ready for my next big art dump. Most of it was REALLY lazily made, so don't expect much.

Carlos Spencing
Spoiler : Shield Your Eyes :
Note: Nyhmthetim made the original and the base. I only edited the shading.
Spoiler : Comparisons :
9 Hours, 9 Ponies, 9 Doors Logo:
Spoiler : :
Note: The coloring was done by Trybien, I just added shading and details

Random Evidence:
And, well, that's all I have for now. If your eyes still work after looking at that crap, tell me what you think, please.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko