Project: Alternate Soundtrack

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

morganwk
Spoken languages: English, not much Spanish

Project: Alternate Soundtrack

Post by morganwk »

The Phoenix Wright soundtrack is amazing. The consistent use of the motifs, the moving undertones, the tour de force of mood.

I have decided to write, for free use, an alternative version of this soundtrack, that without outright copying the original, still captures the same mood. So far, I have my own Reminiscence theme, and something else that has motifs from both Suspense and Allegro, which I will eventually seperate and elaborate on.

Please listen, give me feedback, and enjoy! (they are in .MID format to save space and bandwidth)
Attachments
allegro_and_reminiscence.zip
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
I might be doing trials, but my main focus is on my (possibly) upcoming casemaker for the TI-83 series of calculators.
My art
My music
My action thriller, The Missile Heist

*Insert snappy quote here*
drthingums
Spoken languages: English

Re: Project: Alternate Soundtrack

Post by drthingums »

Which program did you use to make them?
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

Anvil Studio. Did you like them? Is there anything I should fix?
I might be doing trials, but my main focus is on my (possibly) upcoming casemaker for the TI-83 series of calculators.
My art
My music

Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

I personally like them. :nod:
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Oh glad to find someone that composes music tracks too :D
I really like both of the tracks, they do have the same feeling as in AA, that's good. Very few composers are actually able to catch the same feeling. (Glad to see you're one of us xD)

The only complaints I have are that you could make the tracks last a little more and have more variations, and also more background instruments. For example in the reminiscence I could only hear Drums, Piano, String ENsemble 1, and FX 4 (Atmosphere). Try to find more instruments that could fit the tracks and put them in, experiment as you feel like ;)

May I ask a question? How long have you been composing? Have you studied music or something? It's something I like to ask to the composers around here :) (And I also use Anvil studio! :D)
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

Hey, this is really cool ! The main problem is that they are indeed way too short to be used. x)
I found the reminescence theme a bit loud, listening to it right after the "Allegro" theme made me notice a clear difference. You would think that it's the "Allegro" theme that should be louder... x)
ImageImage Image Image Image
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

Danielinhoni wrote:May I ask a question? How long have you been composing? Have you studied music or something? It's something I like to ask to the composers around here :) (And I also use Anvil studio! :D)
I have been composing for a few years. I studied music theory and performance at Pittsburgh CAPA (Creative and Performing Arts) middle school.

Also, it wasn't FX 4, it was nylon guitar :wink:

I am planning on adding more instruments later on. But today I have to finish my essay!

Which ones do you think I should make next? I was thinking maybe moderato or cornered. Steel Samurai will be fun! :D

One more thing - do you think anybody will actually use these? I will convert them to mp3 sometime soon.
My art
My music

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

I really like the Reminiscence one. I think it captures the right feel. However, I think Allegro is bit...mellow? Not that that's a bad thing, it just lacks a certain something. A sense of tension, excitement, or anticipation, I'm not really sure what it is. And both themes are quite deep. It's all right for Reminiscence, but maybe for Allegro add another, higher-pitched instrument playing the melody? It would liven the music up a bit.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

My thoughts exactly, but I am very busy... maybe I'll work on it soon.
My art
My music

morganwk

Post by morganwk »

Here: I updated them a bit. Now ready to use, I guess, in mp3.

Reminiscence
Allegro

I have spring break next week, so I might be able to get Cornered and Moderato done, and maybe liven up Allegro.
My art
My music

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Wow, they're really great now! Although I find that Reminiscence isn't quite sad enough to be a Reminiscence theme, you know? Allegro is good, but I still think it's missing a little zing. Maybe you could try spicing it up a bit? Like, for an example, adding another instrument playing the same melody, but in a higher pitch? I don't know much about this kind of thing, just a suggestion. :XD:
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

So for Reminiscence, I don't know how to make it sadder or more distant, but I'll figure something out I guess.

For Allegro, I was thinking adding like, a synth, right? and it plays a higher, faster version of the melody, like an arpeggio or something, and have it slightly different in each ear for a stereo effect.
My art
My music

morganwk

Post by morganwk »

This project is still going. Soon, I will put this in another topic, where I will post all of my ace attorney music once it is done. I might take requests, too.

Here's a half-finished Moderato to tide you guys over. (replace the .txt extension with .mid with notepad or textedit.)
Attachments
moderato2.txt
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
My art
My music