Consistent simplistic style...?

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

morganwk
Spoken languages: English, not much Spanish

Consistent simplistic style...?

Post by morganwk »

As you can see in my avatar, and in my nice little attorney below, I enjoy (and enjoy drawing) simplistic and angular yet expressive line art. I am teeerible at the Ace Attorney style, but I still want to do my character designs. What do you guys think, could I roll with retooling all of my characters and bg's to fit with this style? I rather like it.

Asa Turney: Ace Attorney

In fact, I am thinking maybe it should be in black and white - the attorney above doesn't quite fit the style in my avatar I like so much.
I might be doing trials, but my main focus is on my (possibly) upcoming casemaker for the TI-83 series of calculators.
My art
My music
My action thriller, The Missile Heist

*Insert snappy quote here*
lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: Consistent simplistic style...?

Post by lazyplague »

Now while I like the idea, of a simpler style.
The look of it makes my eyes hurt.
Add some more curves and anti-aliasing.
Because I don't think I would want to play as a character who looks like a goddamn stick figure.
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

True dat. As I said, my avatar is a better example of it, and the real drawings I make look muuuch better. I'm going to scan them in soon.
I might be doing trials, but my main focus is on my (possibly) upcoming casemaker for the TI-83 series of calculators.
My art
My music

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

The gant one is waaay better I agree. Godot one is kinda in the middle.

Eagerly awaiting said drawings.
morganwk

Post by morganwk »

Kay, I might be a while, I still have a bit of homework, and my dad has the scanner in some corner of the basement...

I might be able to scan them in over the weekend, or I could just do a bit more carefully and draw it again. Also, I should antialias it a bit. But yeah, I can draw Damon Gant better than I can draw anything else. Like, that took me three minutes tops to draw, and it comes out almost perfectly every time. When I draw something, I can't do it initially without reference (as I am horrible with perspective) but when I have perfected it, I can do it quickly and efficiently. It's kinda weird.

Oh, and how do you like the general design of Mr. Turney? I agree that this particular image of him is not my best (which currently only exists on paper), but looking past the jagged (*cough*resized*cough*) hair and the blurry tie, do you like the overall idea, like the hairstyle and the color scheme?
My art
My music

morganwk

Post by morganwk »

Heres we go.
Attachments
asa-objection.gif
asa-objection.gif (5.92 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
asa-standing.gif
asa-standing.gif (4.73 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
My art
My music