Alphemo's Sprites (Spoilers JFA)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

alphemo
Spoken languages: English, some German, some Latin

Alphemo's Sprites (Spoilers JFA)

Post by alphemo »

Reformatting!

I have the old sprites saved, so here's a composite of all of the new ones since I did this totally incorrectly when I first began the thread. :oops: I'm going to post Edgeworth and Franziska in the free use topic and see if anyone wants them, but here they are for your use! I just ask that you please don't use Elizabeth yet, as I still need to work on her hair and some jumpy sprites.
Spoiler : :
Young Edgeworth (I'm willing to do the body for free use if asked, I just don't need it):

Young Franziska (same with her other sprites):

Elizabeth:

Last edited by alphemo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turnabout Redemption, Part 1: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=37747

An AU where Phoenix's letters to Edgeworth inspire some less-than-holy behavior from the Catholic Edgeworth and von Karmas...

Part 2 is still in the beginning stages and features custom sprites of Edgeworth and Franziska!
The Canadian Judge
Spoken languages: English, Basic French

Re: Critique on Youngling!Edgeworth Sprite

Post by The Canadian Judge »

Well, let's compare it to a real photo of young Miles.

Yup, I see a difference between the two pictures.
Credit to Midnight Jasper on Court-Records
puchi
Spoken languages: English

Post by puchi »

Hmm.., is he wearing a cravat? Do you intend him to be Von-karma household age? Because if he is, he definitely looks too young. He looks below 8 years old, maybe you can make the eyes smaller if that's the case. Also his eyebrow looks a bit too thick, his hair too.

And..I don't know, his body looks super small to me. Maybe you can make some part of the shoulders visible? Or you can make the head a bit smaller.

I'm not a professional though, this is just my thoughts. And although something do looks a bit off, but he's a cutie and the sprite is great XD.
alphemo

Post by alphemo »

I think the body comment is it. I'll definitely repair that. He's supposed to be twelve, so I'll fiddle with the eyes and see what happens. I haven't played the very first AA game, but he's supposed to have just arrived at von Karma's (so we'll say it's AU if that doesn't work--I don't want to mess up time). Thanks for the compliment, though!

And not to be rude, but of course there's a difference. lol

----

Updated body dimensions (still fixing coat--current one is a placeholder)

Last edited by Tap on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged doublepost
Turnabout Redemption, Part 1: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=37747

An AU where Phoenix's letters to Edgeworth inspire some less-than-holy behavior from the Catholic Edgeworth and von Karmas...

Part 2 is still in the beginning stages and features custom sprites of Edgeworth and Franziska!
alphemo

Alphemo's Sprites: Progress on young!Franziska (Spoilers JFA

Post by alphemo »

Really, all I need for the normal sprite is the head and shoulders--which is part of why I've done nothing on the body apart from the bow and right arm. Everything is still being reworked, including the hair, bow (DEAR LORD THE BOW) and face, and I also need to change her skin color to the original Franziska's coloration, but this is what I have so far. I hate the chunkiness of the hair by her face--that'll likely be the first thing fixed after I post--her left eyelid is too strong, the smile (which shouldn't take long, honestly) is too short, et cetera... I have a lot to do, and it's discouraging. I figure that this might garner me some help on where to go from here, however, so here it is.

Looks better if you click on it, by the way.

After this comes crying!young!Franziska.

Tap
Spoken languages: English

Post by Tap »

Per the rules of the 'Your Art' forum, I've merged "Alphemo's Sprites: Progress on young!Franziska (Spoilers JFA)" into the first sprite thread you created: "You must showcase your art* in a single topic entitled with your username." :)
ImageImage
alphemo

Re: Alphemo's Sprites (Spoilers JFA)

Post by alphemo »

Progress on an OC. Currently named Elizabeth. Still a lot of work to do on everything, but here's how she's coming along!

I wish I had stuff from when I sprited as a 13-year-old. I had quite a portfolio, but I deleted all of it. Anyway, any critique, even though things aren't anywhere near done, is very appreciated!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Looks good, but I strongly recommend some frankenspriting. Right now she's clearly just an Alita edit.
alphemo

Post by alphemo »

Actually, I came here to showcase some of that on my young Edgeworth, funnily enough. He looks MUCH better now. I've accepted that I'm pretty mediocre at spriting.

She's up next. I'll have to think about who to frankensprite her with, though...

Thanks!

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

MUCH better. It actually does look like him now.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
alphemo

Post by alphemo »

Thanks! Downloading GIMP again was a huge help. I actually decided Franziska should be next up--I'm completely starting over on her.

Speaking of, here she is:

alphemo

Post by alphemo »

Elizabeth 2.0!

She still looks kind of sloppy, but it's a start!

EDIT: I AM going to darken the hair, but today was an animation kind of day. :fran:

So much stuff to do!!
Last edited by alphemo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

It's nice, for the most part, but you really need to outline and shade her hair darker. It's just blinding right now.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
alphemo

Post by alphemo »

You think so? I was afraid of it getting TOO dark, but I'll try it.

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

I'm so envious, I wish I could sprite as good as you.

So far, I'm a fan! I look forward to future works by your hand. ^_^
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.