July 2012 - Holhol

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

July 2012 - Holhol

Post by Meph »

Member of the Month
July 2012
Holhol

No one ever smiles in their photos...
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
It's only taken two years, but we finally have a lady as our next Member of the Month (with the exception of Mimi, what with her being an empress and all). Holhol has been a member of AAO since January 2011, and has been a big part of our community ever since.
Meph: Hello. Welcome to the twenty-sixth Member of the Month interview.

Holhol: Thank you. It's certainly both an honor and a surprise to be here.

Meph: Can you tell us about how you found AAO, and what made you want to join?

Holhol: It's kind of a (semi)common story, actually. I had been obsessed with becoming a defense attorney for quite some time, and this friend of mine recommended Ace Attorney. I had never heard of the game before, so naturally, I was curious. It wasn't until a few days after Christmas in 2010 that I had seen Ace Attorney Investigations: Mile Edgeworth on the shelf. I bought it. Became hooked. Bought the original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on the Wii. Became even more hooked. I began constantly stalking the Ace Attorney Wiki, and somehow, I had ran into a mention of AAO. I loved the idea of being able to make my own trials, and that was when I joined. Which is ironic, because that's exactly what I ended up not doing. :P

Meph: Did you ever play the rest of the games in the series?

Holhol: What kind of obsessive fangirl would I be if I didn't? Actually, I played the games in quite an odd order. AAI - PWAA - T&T - AJAA - JFA. I did love every minute of every game, though. It was my favorite series for a while...

Meph: You've known for Turnabout Crackdown, but are you planning on making any other games?

Holhol: Actually, I am. Just not at the moment. When I joined, I had made thread after thread of projects I wanted to start. In return, however, I wasn't able to release *any* of them. I'm aware of this problem now, but at the time, I was just so ambitious I didn't care that I wasn't getting anything done and looking like a fool at the same time.

But yes, I do *want* to release a trial at some point, but I don't want to jump into making the thread. I just don't want to want make any promises I can't keep anymore, so I've been working at a very slow pace for now.

Meph: What's your favourite fan trial on AAO?

Holhol: Oh God I knew you were going to ask this question. Honestly? I haven't really gotten around to that many. I do really like Nexus and all for it's uniqueness, but after consideration, my favorite is undoubtedly is the Matt Silver series by Narokh.

Meph: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

Holhol: Pretty dull when I look back on it. I was nothing more than a little girl running through my house with a Barbie in one hand and a G.I. Joe figure in the other. Honestly, I was too eccentric, and, as sad as it is to admit it, I really had no friends. At all. Actually, it wasn't until 7th grade that I actually made a nice group of them. Looking back, I pity my younger self. I was naive and ignorant. :P

Though, I do have to say it wasn't a complete wasted space. I doubt I'd be as much as a gamer as I am today had it not been for the SNES.

Meph: Were there any places you liked travelling to?

Holhol: My grandparents' house. It was very exciting. I also loved to go to the river, that was always an adventure, too. But I was pretty much a homebody.

Meph: That brings me to my next question. What is your average day like?

Holhol: Nothing special. On a schoolday, I always get up, take a shower, and go to school and proceed with an average, uninteresting day filled with perverted comments and too much laughter and lots of gum chewing only to come home and waste hours on end on a computer, perhaps play with my dog and talk to my mother and play a game or two and go to sleep.

Buuuuuut, since I'm on summer vacation at the moment, I get to spend everyday like the latter half of a schoolday!

Meph: Hooray! *brofist* So what do you like to do on the computer, other than AAO?

Holhol: I constantly write random ideas down on Google Docs. I have tons of short stories on there for absolutetly no reason at all, and a whole lot more novel premises. Other than that and lurking on tumblr/Facebook, there isn't much I like to do.

Meph: What are your plans for the future?

Holhol: I'm not entirely sure. I know I want to become a journalist, while being a novelist on the side. And I'd love to move to a place like New York City or Sydney, Australia. Maybe eventually finding a partner.

Meph: What made you interested in journalism?

Holhol: I happened to have caught a glimpse of CBS News, and there was a little thing congratulating a journalist named Clarissa Ward, who won a Peabody Award for her coverage of the Syrian uprising. I have no idea why, but I was very intrigued on the idea. So I began researching it a little bit, and found it somewhat exciting that she actually went into Syria knowing the consequences of what would happen had she gotten caught (AKA Syria isn't too fond of journalists). I don't think that's a situation I would mind being in. I would love to be able to do my own investigating on all types of situations.

Meph: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

Holhol: I'm in the minority, as always, but it's Justice For All. I thought it was definitely the most emotional out of all the games. No more motives such as "I was broke I needed money", and the like. With the first being an exception, the entire game had the perfect amount of humor and sadness. Especially when the miracle never happen..

Meph: What other games do you really like?

Holhol: I'm a major fangirl of the Final Fantasy series, even though I only own 5/14 games in the main series. But they are so amazing. I don't even know why I like them so much now. I just do. :P I'd even say FFXIII is my favorite game ever, but it appears I'm in the minority again.

I'm also a major fan of the Uncharted series, Professor Layton, Heavy Rain, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, and The Sims.

Meph: What made you such a big fan of Final Fantasy?

Holhol: I'm not even sure. I was never interested in the series until I saw all the flack Final Fantasy XIII was getting. Honestly, I bought it just to see what was so horrible about it. And now, I'm in love. I'd consider FFXIII to be the best game ever, and FFVII is pretty great, too. Now I'm slowly but surely trying to build up on this collection.

Meph: What was the first video game you ever played?

Holhol: The first one I can remember is Donkey Kong Country, because I remember spending hours of my early days playing with my grandfather. As I said earlier, I would not be here today had it not been for the SNES in general. I just remember loving it to pieces. Those were the good ol' days, y'know?

Meph: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

Holhol: I'm a major fan of music and films. In fact, I've probably seen a lot of films that a lot of people have never even heard of before. So I'm a big movie fanatic.

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

Holhol: My time on AAO has been very enjoyable, and I've met some very enjoyable people, as well. It's been a great time on here so far, and I expect it to continue for quite a while... seeing as I have nothing better to do with my life in the meantime!
energizerspark

Re: Member of the Month: July 2012

Post by energizerspark »

Congratumalations, Holhol!
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

Congratulations! :D
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Congratulations, Hol. Tell me...What is your favorite kind of character?
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Congrats!
What kind of one-shot trial would you like to see? (In terms of story, features, characters...?)
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Congratulations, Hol~!
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Alright, thanks everyone so far and if anybody else responds~
enigma wrote:Tell me...What is your favorite kind of character?
I have to say, I'm a big sucker for those cold and distant characters - or, what some people would call, the emo-archetype. I don't think they could be used enough. To me, they always seem to develop the most interestingly out of any characters. I pretty much love all characters, but those kind stand out the most.
DWaM wrote:What kind of one-shot trial would you like to see? (In terms of story, features, characters...?)
I don't know. I'm usually happy with anything. But what I really want to see is something just stands-out from the rest. A complicated story, unique usage of the trial editor, characters that are different from each other. I don't know. I am usually content with anything, and I do like what I've played. But I'm really just wanting to see that one where, in the end, all I can do is just be like, "... Wow."
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

CONGRATS WAIFU! <33333
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Congrats, Holhol.
Meph: You haven't released any of your own games...
Wat.
Meph

Post by Meph »

E.D.Revolution wrote:
Wat.
When I looked at her list of cases last month, there were exactly 46 cases that were marked as incomplete. Crackdown got lost in there. Sorry. I'll rephrase the question. :XD:
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Meph wrote:
E.D.Revolution wrote:
Wat.
When I looked at her list of cases last month, there were exactly 46 cases that were marked as incomplete. Crackdown got lost in there. Sorry. I'll rephrase the question. :XD:
Holy carp you didn't have to throw that out there. :o

The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Congratulations, Ms. Summers. Now some questions...

What is your favourite food?

What is your favouite question?

What is your favourite plushie?
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

The Fury Wraith wrote:Congratulations, Ms. Summers. Now some questions...

What is your favourite food?
I am a big fan of sausage pizza. Iunno why. It's yum. :3
What is your favouite question?
My favorite question is obviously What is your favourite plushie?.
What is your favourite plushie?
My favorite plushie is the furry kind. :P

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Hi Hol, just wanted to wish you a happy MOTM before I go on break.

*poof*
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Gratz, Hol.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures