August 2012 - Singidava

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

King Pie
Spoken languages: English

Re: Member of the Month: August 2012

Post by King Pie »

Singidava wrote: Do I like animals? Well, if I didn't why would I pick horse riding of all the possible hobbies? I'm not sure about my favourite kind of animal though... Obviously, I have most experience with horses but maybe I'd rather pick some animal that's a bit less... scary? Obviously, I'm not afraid of horses but I do respect their strenght and I have to be careful when dealing with them. So maybe something smaller would be nice? I really don't know.
Not afraid of horses!?... Are you a superhero? Those things are very scary...
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Regardless of whether that's sarcasm or not, believe me, I used to be afraid of them (well, I was rather young back then but...). And from what I've heard the most common reason to quit horse riding is fear. People are usually afraid of breaking something when they fall, though taking care of unwilling horses can be pretty scary too. It's up to you whether you stop riding because of that though. I didn't and after a year or two I'd already (mostly) grown out of that fear. It might sound stupid to you now but if you started riding you'd understand what I mean.
Last edited by Singidava on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Pie

Post by King Pie »

Well that's not sarcasm, Horses really freak me out, they're big, strong and look weird.
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

You forgot to add "get spooked easily" and "go really fast" to that list. ;)
As a rider those are what I need to be most careful about. It's silly how a horses that are over 180 cm (5'11") tall (from its back to ground) can be the ones that get spooked most easily. I know one horse that's like this and falling from her back wasn't very pleasant.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Singidava wrote:@Lind: I have six volumes of 20th Century Boys, however, I didn't like it nearly as much I liked Monster. Somehow, it seems to focus too much on escaping when I want to know more about Friend & co. I've also been trying to hunt for Pluto in cons and such but so far I haven't managed to find it. On anime... Keaton is my to watch list but considering how long that is... I don't know when I actually manage to watch it. So yeah, currently I've only read 6 vols of 20th Century Boys besides Monster.
You do realize that Master Keaton is only 24 eps, right?

And what of Billy Bat?
Singidava

Re: Whodunnit? (Exploring time)

Post by Singidava »

Lind wrote:
Singidava wrote:@Lind: I have six volumes of 20th Century Boys, however, I didn't like it nearly as much I liked Monster. Somehow, it seems to focus too much on escaping when I want to know more about Friend & co. I've also been trying to hunt for Pluto in cons and such but so far I haven't managed to find it. On anime... Keaton is my to watch list but considering how long that is... I don't know when I actually manage to watch it. So yeah, currently I've only read 6 vols of 20th Century Boys besides Monster.
You do realize that Master Keaton is only 24 eps, right?

And what of Billy Bat?
I meant that my want to watch list is long, not the series. :P
As for Billy, the problem is the same: I can't find it (legally at least)...
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

What kind of horses do you ride? (I have no clue on how horse riding works, forgive me if this is a ridiculous question.)
Singidava

Re: Whodunnit? (Exploring time)

Post by Singidava »

I ride the horses the riding school I go to provides me. Usually the horse changes after a few weeks. Compared to so-called private horses riding school horses are more used to beginners and usually more... safe. However, you also have to do more work to make them actually move properly.
percey

Post by percey »

Why do your latest two posts display "Re: Whodunnit? (Exploring time)" as a title? :P
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

Because I was posting on my cell phone and it apparently doesn't change the titles automatically. I guess that was the title of the first post I made with that cell and it just sticked along... Well, at least now you can tell which posts I've made with my PC and which on my phone. :P
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Kinda late, but, congrats Singi!
I'm still waiting. *derp*
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

Well, unfortunately for you I just started at my uni this week so I'm pretty much busy 24/7 so needless to say I've had zero time to actually complete my requests (I'm having hard time just getting enough sleep)... Since Saturday I've had different parties every single day this far.

Anyways, for those who are not Diego and are now totally outta loop what I'm talking about: fyi my newest request set is almost ready - only a few edits and animating are left. I might be able to release the first part of it on this weekend... or not, depending on how busy/lazy I am. Anyways, the chances are that the whole set (yes, this time I'm making them all ready before publishing them) will come out relatively soon. So yeah, I suppose I should get some hype before release~ ;)

The chances are that Rune doesn't like this sprite. Oh, and it's one of the few times I get to draw female characters... :O
You guys tend to request only men...
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Poo, I really do need her sprites for The Craziest Turnabout, but, can't rush awesomeness.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

I have to admit, I have read your username up until now as "Singidiva". Don't hurt me.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Singidava

Post by Singidava »

*strangles Reyson*