Life in Gaming - Orignal Webcomic (9-Love is a Battlefield)

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Life in Gaming - Orignal Webcomic (9-Love is a Battlefield)

Post by gotMLK7 »

Life in Gaming is a webcomic that personifies gaming companies created by me in a manner similar to the manga/anime Axis Powers Hetalia. It is a parody of events both new and old within the video game industry expressed through different quirky characters that represent different companies ad they go through many antics.
Characters:
Spoiler : Nintendo :
Nintendo is a rather quirky girl, always wanting to do things creatively and think out of the box, even if it butes her in the butt in the end. She's been around for a while, but is still considered to be just for kids by the others. As a current-gen console creator, she is part of the Big 3 that make up the console trio.
Spoiler : Microsoft :
Microsoft is part of the Big 3, and probably has the rockiest relationship with the others. He likes all thing explosive and manly, but also likes a lot of TV, sports, and exercise. He's a bit of a jerk and doesn't really seem to get when he's screwing up. He's not exactly the most well-loved guy right now.
Spoiler : Sony :
Sony is much more calm and business-like than the others in the Big 3. He plays things rather safe, and just keeps things simple with the occasional "borrowing" of ideas from his fellow comapnies. He isn't exctly the most friendly guy to be around, but he gets things done and keeps sales up.
Spoiler : Sega :
Sega used to be part of the Big 3 and was Nintendo's rival, but eventually he fell from power and resorted to working for anybody he could. He isn't good at keeping himself steadily employed or at pumping out amazing work, but he's a nice enough guy and willing to help. He still secretly wants to be in the Big 3 again. He's usually found bumming around Nintendo's place half in spite and half in hopes of a job.
Spoiler : PC :
The Big 3 don't really GET PC. He (or she) never seems to talk and doesn't even seem to be worried over the console wars. He (it?) just sits back and watches the companies make fools of themselves as more gamers turn to him (her?!). Tends t creep out some people with his (I give up) soullessness and eerie screen...
Spoiler : Valve :
A natural genius, albeit a bit nerdy, Valve seems to always have a plan. He acts like PC's right hand man and seems to be secretly condescending to the others. He is obsessed with science. He also seems to be wearing a different type of hat every time people see him...
Spoiler : Atari :
Old man Atari was part of the Big 3 with Nintendo and Sega. Even back then, he didn't get all the fancy new technology that gaming was introducing. He likes things simple and old-fashioned, always ready with a "when I was a boy" speech for any given scenario. He pretends to not like the new gaming scene, but he can't help but trying to keep up with everyone else sometimes.
Spoiler : EA :
The sinister Electronic Arts is widely hated for his devious ways. Whether it's always-online or hardly adapting his games, EA always have an evil plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD...or at least its wallets. The most people can do is tolerate this guy (except Microsoft, who thinks he's a cool bro). He perhaps is a little TOO fond of sports.
Spoiler : Capcom :
Capcom has become a bit of a jerk over the years. He doesn't really care about the backlash he always seems to get for his questionable practices. However, it's hard for people to argue with his efficiency. They don't really like to admit it when he actually does something right. His leather jacket says "DLC" on the back.
Spoiler : Rareware :
Rareware, or "Rare" as her friends call her, used to be Nintendo's spunky and innovative best friend in the old days. She helped Nintendo out a lot, and the two were almost unseperable. But after Microsoft bought Rare's contract, her former success has plummeted. She's stuck with making sports and Kinect games at Microsoft's place, looking for an opportunity to finally get the creative juices flowing again. Her relationship with Nintendo's a little strained nowadays, unfortunately.
I hope you enjoy!
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Re: Life in Gaming - A Webcomic by gotMLK7

Post by Lind »

This is a great concept.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

ZOMG LIND

Posting to keep up with this.

I already gave my two cents on this in the chat so there's not much else to say.

Except RAGS.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Hey, speaking of which, even if we won't get O7th, will Level 5 and/or Spikechunsoft be characters?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

enigma wrote:Hey, speaking of which, even if we won't get O7th, will Level 5 and/or Spikechunsoft be characters?
Maybe Level 5 but what the heck is a Spikechunsoft?
I totally thought that was a German word till I typed it lol
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

enigma

Post by enigma »

Spike/chunsoft is the developer of VLR and 999. Also, Dangan Ronpa.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

S.S. Sleuth wrote:ZOMG LIND
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I've already stated my approval of this. Good luck, got.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

And now, introducing the most hated man-company-thing in America, the dastardly...EA!
Spoiler : EA :
The sinister Electronic Arts is widely hated for his devious ways. Whether it's always-online or hardly adapting his games, EA always have an evil plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD...or at least its wallets. The most people can do is tolerate this guy (except Microsoft, who thinks he's a cool bro). He perhaps is a little TOO fond of sports.

enigma

Post by enigma »

Inb4 one of the comics is Microsoft and EA watch the superbowl...
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

enigma wrote:Hey, speaking of which, even if we won't get O7th, will Level 5 and/or Spikechunsoft be characters?
It's probably best to keep it to more well-known publishers/developers/platforms.

Also, love this idea.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Are you going to do Square Enix!? :D And of course, Capcom!
ImageImage
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

I like how the company logos are incorporated into the designs.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

EnergizerSpark wrote:I like how the company logos are incorporated into the designs.
Yeah, until now I didn't know EA's logo was "00". Thanks got, you opened my eyes.

Total times sued: 10328
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

DeeYo wrote:
EnergizerSpark wrote:I like how the company logos are incorporated into the designs.
Yeah, until now I didn't know EA's logo was "00". Thanks got, you opened my eyes.
...were you... trying to make some sort of joke there?

Also, I've just realized that Microsoft reminds me of Crack Stuntman.