Accidental infinite loop

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Accidental infinite loop

Post by TheDoctor »

Regarding Turnabout Reversal...
Spyromed wrote:I've found a bug in the trial, but I'm not sure whether it's an issue with the case or an issue with v6, so I'll put this here unless it turns out to be the latter.
Using this link, selecting a wrong answer, then proceeding for a few more frames causes the player to freeze up. I think it's because the game over redirection redirects to a frame where the player's health is set to 0, meaning it just repeats that frame, but I'm not sure.
I tried redirecting the sequence to a different frame, but now it just goes for an infinite loop of the failure dialogue with the gavel slamming in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Accidental infinite loop

Post by Enthalpy »

Notice that the player goes to frame 1864 before it starts processing the game over.

My hypothesis is that setting the wait timer to be 10ms is too short for the player to realize that it needs to process the game over sequence instead of pushing up the normal next frame. Try extending the wait timer and seeing if that helps. If that does, I'll move this over to the v6 forum as a bug.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

You're right, that fixed it. Thanks.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

TheDoctor, do you remember what this glitch was? Specifically, what frame was initially on a very short timer? I can't reproduce this bug.

EDIT: On second thought, I think it was that the penalty was given on a frame with a short timer. Is that right? If so, I can't reproduce this on my test trial now.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I think it may have been. Not really sure though.
Image Image Image