[Feedback][E] Custom data window is aligned to the right

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

[Feedback][E] Custom data window is aligned to the right

Post by Tap »

I first reported this issue back in March when a new preview was made available. As I recall, both Daniel and Meph also originally commented on this issue at an even earlier stage, so it has been mentioned before. Knowing my blindness, though, someone has already created a topic to mention this.

The custom data popup screen for character poses and 'check data' is still locked to the bottom-right corner of my screen. I tried it out in both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, with no difference between the two. Is this something still to be fixed, or is it just my computer playing up on me? :?
ImageImage
Meph

Re: [Bug][E] Custom data window is aligned to the right

Post by Meph »

It's meant to be attached to the bottom right side of your screen. This is not a bug. Would you rather it appeared somewhere else like the centre? :)
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

For the actions I understand the need of being able to scroll and look for the right ID, but for custom sprites etc that's just laziness. è_é
ImageImage Image Image Image
Meph

Post by Meph »

If this is meant to be feedback, then I'll change it to that. :)

But yeah. It would be helpful if the windows were centred on the screen and had a 5% margin from the edge of the screen. Also, maybe the actions window should have a minimum width for small screens.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Meph wrote:It's meant to be attached to the bottom right side of your screen. This is not a bug. Would you rather it appeared somewhere else like the centre? :)
It's not? Given Unas mentioned it was stuff he hadn't yet fixed, I assumed it was a bug... :?
Unas wrote:
Tap wrote:The custom poses/sprite screen is locked in on the right-side of the screen. That doesn't explain it well, so here's a helpful screenshot explaining what I meant. =)
There's no option for adding in url links/text for the check button information. To be added, probably...? :)
Yep, that's to-do stuff I forgot to mention xD
At the moment, by locking the custom data window to the bottom right side of the screen, it makes it awfully hard to navigate if you need to scroll down a list... :?
ImageImage
Meph

Re: [Feedback][E] Custom data window is aligned to the right

Post by Meph »

Either way, this is more feedback than a bug. :) But yeah, if Unas had planned on changing it anyway, then that's good news. (But that was six months ago, so he might have forgotten. :XD: )
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Meph wrote:(But that was six months ago, so he might have forgotten. :XD: )
Erm... What, well, you know, huh... yes, I forgot. :cute:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Tap

Post by Tap »

Is this still planned to be fixed? :)
ImageImage
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Maybe.

As Meph already said several times, it's not a bug. Everything is working and clearly accessible - and to be honest, I still don't know why you're so adamant about it being "fixed".
True, this choice of aligning popup windows on the bottom right was done with the storyboard in mind (in order to keep frame contents visible) and is practically useless on other tabs, but I fail to see how it causes any trouble or harms the experience. :|

Anyway, I can change that, but for the moment I'm focusing on fixing actual bugs and building the manager. I think it's a little more important ;-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Given that we're probably used to this display by now, is this something that we still want fixed? If so, what would we like instead? Meph suggested "centered," but there was no other feedback.

I'm fine with it where it is.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson