[RP] Emotable Fantastical Dreamscape: Game Start!

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

[RP] Emotable Fantastical Dreamscape: Game Start!

Post by Trybien »

"What truly seperates dream from reality?"
What is the EFD?: Emotable Fantastic Dreamscape (also referred to as EFD) is an event based role play with a focus on exploration, combat, and character development. Similar to role plays like Justice Riders, there will be minimal GM interference and players will have free reign to explore, interact, and grow their characters.

Story: Dreams, there are many different interpretations of them. Are they projections of past lives? Are they visions of times to come? Maybe they are a just an overused plot point used to explain something beyond comprehension in a story? Honestly, this role play does nothing to answer this question. If you want the short answer of what the story is about, here’s what it is. After select humans went through a period of intense happiness, sadness, or anger, the god of the world granted them a stone that lets their minds travel to a new fantastical world called the Emotable Fantastical Dreamscape (EFD) while they are asleep. Upon realizing how owning these stones could make them targets of unsavory groups, god takes human form, builds a facility, and urges stone owners to take up shelter in it. Upon your app being accepted, you have taken residence inside the facility.

How to Play
With the exception of a few features, this role play plays like any typical role play on AAO. At the beginning of each post, you should have the name of your location in bold and all Out of Character comments absolutely must be within spoiler tags.

As for combat, it plays no different than Justice Riders. If there is any dispute on actions in a fight, it is up to GM discretion on the ruling.

Every so often new events will occur and all a player needs to do to join is move to the area of the event. As long as one character in an area (after event notification is posted), the event can begin.

Within the application, the player will get to determine if they start with an anger (red), happiness (green), or sadness (blue) stone. While they allow characters to visit the EFD, they also grant magical abilities inside the EFD. (Not the human world).

Each stone only has one spell. Anger contain destructive magic, Happiness contain buff/healing magic, and Sadness contain debuff magic.

Characters can go to sleep at any time using Soporil, a soporific drug, and wake up at any time. It is recommended to only do so in the Sleep Facility as it provides protection from thievery or attacks.

Characters can only access the EFD and use magic if they have their stones on them in real life. Removal of stones in the human world will cause the character to drift from the EFD into a regular dream state until the event they are in is over. Items acquired in the EFD remain in the EFD, but will remain in your inventory to access next time you enter the EFD.

Characters may lend their stones to other players; however, the magic the stone grants will be significantly weakened.

More stones will be available through random chance in events. For every completed event, the chance for a stone appearance increases. If the event rewards a stone, it will be mentioned in the notification; however, the type of stone depends the outcome of the event. Every participant of the event is available to get the stone, but the winner of the stone will be chosen through a vote of the participants. At the end of the event, the type of stone is revealed and players have 24 hours to contact me either by P.M. or Skype (skype name is Trybien) with their vote on who they think deserves the stone. (Note: Self votes will not counted)

During major events (boss battles/important story events), players gain the opportunity to upgrade a stone. By the end of the event, the gms will choose one or more character who participated who they believe best deserves the upgrade. These characters will get to land the final hit on the boss/resolve the conflict of the story (if they accept of course). Story events should happen semi-frequently, so every active player should get the chance to be chosen. Repeat choices will be kept at a minimum as long as the rest of the players are active. Co-Gms getting upgrades will be left to my discretion to keep things fair.

Depending on character and story progression, it may become possible for players to earn stones and stone upgrades outside of events.

Completing major events also opens up new locations.

While death is possible in this rp, characters can only really die in the human world. “Death” in the EFD will cause a character to wake up and be unable to return until after the event they were in is over. Killing player characters in real life is forbidden unless said player gives permission and GMs are aware.

Rules
All AAO forum rules apply. Also, per usual, absolutely no God-Modding, Bunnying, Railroading, or the sorts: Just read this if you have no clue of what they are.

To repeat somethings from the How To Play section, make sure to keep OOC comments in spoilers and do not kill another players character without their expressed permission.

Do not take another players stone without their expressed opinion.

Please refrain from 1 or 2 sentence response. Have fun with your posts! Put detail, thoughts, speech, etc. in you post! Make your character a living breathing member of the rp! Even in battles, though the posts may end up being shorter, don’t restrain yourself from adding to the story.

Important NPCs
Mr. We (Pronounced Way): A well dressed, charming, man who looks like he is in his mid 50’s. Though it may not seem like it, this man is the creator of the universe and prides himself on being a all-powerful and benevolent being.

Gabs – A fine looking, blonde lady in a suit who looks to be in her mid 30’s, who is actually the representation of the angel Gabriel. While she is sweet and caring towards the residents, she does not give Mr. We any slack and has a sharp tongue towards him.

Locations
Facility

Entrance Hall – A room that leads to the rest of the facility. In the middle of the room is a single desk where Gabs typically sits.

Sleep Facility – A chamber full of human adult sized containers that lock from the inside. These containers are designed for maximum comfort and safety while characters are in the EFD.

Mess Hall – A hall where food is available. Though it is quite delicious, the food seems to just come out of nowhere and be exactly whatever the characters want. Weird.

Locker Room – A room full of Lockers. Looks like a typical high school football locker room, but the lockers are not your typical lockers. Somehow, all of your worldly possession (yes, all of them) can fit inside and are accessible as long as you got the key to your locker. Just make sure to get it from the secretary.

Mr. We’s Chamber – Though technically an office, it is very nontraditional. Characters can usually find Mr. We in here, but it is a guess to what else they will find as well.

Medbay – A bay where medical needs can be met. There is no real need for it since Mr. We is all powerful and can heal wounds easily.

EFD Zone 1

Training grounds – An area comprised of a series of fenced in circles. Characters may train by fighting one another or weak enemies.

Tavern – Wanna get hammered? This is the place. With a chummy atmosphere and lively band, anyone can have a good time. Just don’t irritate the bartender.

Fairy Pond – A wonderful pond that is great for the skin! Just jump in and go for a swim then all of your woes will go away! Also buy some Fairy Pond Spring Bottle Water, a truly refreshing drink!

Cutesie-Cuddly Forest – A wonderful forest full a weak enemies! Love them! Hold Them! Kiss Them! Hug Them! BRUTALLY MASSACRE THEM!

Market – A series of stalls that provide delectable food products. Why you need to eat while sleeping is beyond me, but there is nothing wrong with wetting the taste buds.

Apps
Players can currently have up to two characters at a time. Characters must also be original.
Spoiler : APPS :
Username: (Let’s see how serious you guys take this)
Character Name: (Who are you?)
Age: (For once, no restriction. I mean I guess no babies or peeps who are bedridden)
Appearance: (Lets keep this one believable guys XD)
Personality: (Try to keep this from being just “nice” or “mean”. We actually want to develop characters.)
Stone Type: (If you don’t know this, someone needs to read above under How to Play)
Backstory: (Make sure to incorporate how you acquired the stone, and make it believable. Remember, the stones are acquired through intense emotion, not, “my dog pooped on the carpet and I’m mad!”
EFD Appearance: (This is where you get to have fun. Feel free to go with any race or any look as long as it falls within the AAO Guidelines)
EFD Skill: (Think level 1 magic, should be rather weak. Relation of stone to magic type is within how to play if you still haven’t read it).
Accepted Players
Caden Stark by Voon
Hunter Kyle Sagaris by titleguy1
Orcal Strings by Bitvid64
Michael Wilson by songotenman
Co-Gms
Currently searching for one or two co-gms to help manage NPCs, events, and boss battles.

The RP will start once I feel there are enough characters
Last edited by Trybien on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
titleguy1

Re: [RP] Emotable Fantastical Dreamscape (signups)

Post by titleguy1 »

Well, this looks overly complicated and intensely out of my comfort zone, not to mention time consuming. And I'm all about that life. Let's go!
Spoiler : :
Username: Uh, titleguy1? Are you talking about the one that I actually have?

Character Name: Hunter Kyle Sagaris.

Appearance: About 5' 11, dark brown hair in a crew cut, albeit grown out. Brown eyes, decent build, ~155 lbs. Clean shaven face. Often seen wearing T-shirts or hoodies, jeans or shorts.

Personality: Hard-working, but can be lazy. A bit hot-headed, sarcastic. Quiet unless he's with friends, where he's a little chattier, but not quite talkative. In the end, he's still quite shy. Artistic, musical, intelligent, and is an amazing problem solver. Fairly athletic.

Stone Type: Red Stone.

Backstory: Hunter lives with his parents and older sister; however, his mother is not the best. She's an alcoholic, and abusive to her children. On the other hand, his father is the angel to Hunter's devil (mother). One day, Hunter gets into a fight with his mother over the fact that was out with friends until 2 AM. His mother accuses him of doing drugs, something Hunter actively avoids. At this point, Hunter doesn't understand his mother at all, and they argue over him staying out for hour. Eventually, he goes far enough to wish she would die. She goes to say the exact same to her son, and wishing that she'd never given birth to him, resulting in his intense anger, and he acquired the stone by those means.

EFD Appearance: I don't feel like being creative. He looks the same as he does in reality.

EFD Skill: Destructive magic - ability to crush matter. However, starts small, with things like pieces of paper.

Likes: Drawing, cars (a lot.), Playstation, playing the Violin, comfort foods, steak, circuit racing, his 1995 Mazda RX-7.

Dislikes: Dumb people, social studies, ignorant vegans, his 1995 Mazda RX-7.
Thanks for accepting my app! :)
Last edited by titleguy1 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@titleguy1 - While the app itself is passable, I would like some more insight into the fight between Hunter and his mum to flesh his character out before I accept it. Beyond the fact that he was in a fight, what triggered him to have such intense emotion?

@Everyone: Also, I should clarify that the EFD skill is based off the property of the stone. So if you have a red stone, the result of the skill leads to some form of destruction. For example, a level 1 destruction skill could be throwing a small fireball or snow ball.
Bitvid64

Post by Bitvid64 »

...I'm not sure if I can be up to the challenge since this would be my first time ever, joining an rp like this.
Plus I'm not the greatest speller (I'm not a 5 year old kid who got too excited to join, I just have a hearing disability that sort of, makes it somewhat hard for me to spell at times.).

Either way this is a tryout so what do I have to lose?...well maybe my image.
Username: If you mean the user name here, then Bitvid64. If you mean by my character then I guess Gtree?
Character Name: Orcal Strings
Appearance: A rather thin body, about 5'5 feet tall. ( I hope I did that right, not used to saying how tall my characters are) Hair that is white as snow, and almost looks like it's constantly flowing, eyes that are brown as sand, black shoes and always wares a black red button coat ( like those conductors you see in orchestras) with light red broach around the neck.
Personality: Uptight, but isn't a stick in the mud. Just when things need to get done, humor is the last thing on 'her' mind. Especially with music to the point of almost being out of touch with the world.
Stone Type: blue stone

Backstory: May seem like a positive person, but in reality Orcal is in a position of great depression. Almost all traces are gone from Ocal's past home along with friends and family.

To put it in a nutshell, the neighbor's of Orcal's small village thought they're music was unlike anything they ever herd of or seen! ( The most popular choice of instrument was a leaf whistle in Orcal's village, which blow the minds of most of most of every one around.)

However soon the rumors started to spread that they had black magic in order to play so well. Then it came to rumors of the village being nothing but a home to succubus's ( since the women there have been the only ones to have shown they're talent in music. The men just didn't care much of such things). Thus lead a small group of people who hunted these people down and burn the village.
However while this epidemic was going on, Orcal was doing her daily practices with her violin, but once she was done she saw smoke over the village and assumed the worst.

Scared she ran away, and hid among the common folk to later find out through newspaper about what had happened. It also said that when the deed was done some of the attackers claimed to have herd music when looking over the damage, keeping the thought that there may be one still out there. And that one had to female and could play a leaf wistle.
Now in hiding, Orcal must keep her gender and ability of music a kept secret. With all this she trys to live a normal life, but now has to live a false identity and keep from making too many friends ( if at all) so her gender and talent can remain hidden.
EFD Appearance: About the same really, but intend of a red broach it's blue.
EFD Skill: Leaf Whistle. Summons a leaf whistle to slow down foes for a short 10 seconds.
Likes: Mostly classical music, playing the violin, listing to the forest's wonders of life, making music, teaching music, and for some odd reason loves spicy stuff
Dislikes: For the most part tecno music, inappropriate humor, strawberries, and hates those who just think for themselves..
Last edited by Bitvid64 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@Bitvid64: For a first time app here, its not bad. For the backstory, I would add some more info about why her village was ransacked as well as how the assassins could track Orcal by her gender. Is there some trait she has that only village members have? Also, why do the assassins care to track down two survivors? A little more detail like this should really help flesh out your character more. Also, for the skill, I need to know what it does before accepting the app. Since its a blue stone, It should be a debuff. If the skill is blizzard, the skill could slow an opponent down or freeze a part of their body. If you can just elaborate more, you should be set to go. Also, you don't have to worry about me kicking you

@Everyone1: So I'm aware there is some confusion, and I understand. Everytime I post an OP, there's some confusion/criticism. That being said, I am more than happy to answer questions and concerns as well as tweak/add/remove anything that may be a hindrance to the rp. I want this rp to be the best it can be, and I will be as flexible as I have to.

@Everone2: Just realized I left gender out of the app format, fixed.
Bitvid64

Post by Bitvid64 »

Trybien wrote:@Bitvid64: For a first time app here, its not bad. For the backstory, I would add some more info about why her village was ransacked as well as how the assassins could track Orcal by her gender. Is there some trait she has that only village members have? Also, why do the assassins care to track down two survivors? A little more detail like this should really help flesh out your character more. Also, for the skill, I need to know what it does before accepting the app. Since its a blue stone, It should be a debuff. If the skill is blizzard, the skill could slow an opponent down or freeze a part of their body. If you can just elaborate more, you should be set to go. Also, you don't have to worry about me kicking you
Well, I wasn't sure if I should go into detail as to why Orcal's village was attacked or why her gender matters since I kinda wanted it to be reveled when the time is right.
Like say how Godot for example just seemed like a guy who has strange hate for Phoenix (I'm putting this on spoiler just in case)
but then it's reveled at the game that because of the fact Mia died when he wasn't around and that Phoenix didn't save her was why he doesn't like him. ( or something along those lines)
Basically it's story reason as to why it happened and all. But if you want me to say it now I can, it won't be a big problem for me.

P.S thanks not being a jerk to a first timer too
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@Bitvid64: From my experience, it is best to have everything in the app so the gm can get an accurate judge on the character as well as of it works within the story. Having it in the app still means you can reveal it to the other characters, just the other players will know if they read it. Also, I'd like to think of myself as the opposite of a jerk XP
Bitvid64

Post by Bitvid64 »

@Trybien Ah I understand. Again first timer here so I wouldn't know what would be the best idea.

Anyway,
the reason why Orcal's village was well destroyed, is that people thought of the village to be....dangerous. See in orcal's village the females held a vary special power; to speak through music. Now I don't mean by it sounds great, no I mean they can send their thoughts through music. But what people didn't know was that was really all they could do, but rumors started to spread that they could do more.

Some were simple but most were of freighting thoughts such as killing through said ability. Scared the people quickly wanted to find a way to get rid of them, some of them those people were assassins.
Grouping together they quickly burned the village and killed those who lived there. All but two.
Orcal was doing her daily routine of playing violin in the forest during the whole affair, but quickly turned the other way when she saw the smoke ahead when walking back home. The other one is still unknown about her whereabouts.

However some of the assassins herd Orcal's song when looking over what they had done, thus they think one is still out there, they just need listen carefully and see if it's female.
With this said however this has been what I had in mind for the character for a long time, but I wasn't sure my original idea would work an rp like this so you can always tell me to change it if it's: A) too dumb or B) Just doesn't fit with the rp plot also
Bitvid64

Post by Bitvid64 »

Oh yeah forgot one thing,
the whereabouts of the second survivor is unknown to Orcal, but the assassions my have an idea where the other one is since there's a dj out there that people say "The DJ's music speaks to them." but they don't know if that's just teenage talk for "He/she has sick beats"
Voon

Post by Voon »

I'm new to this so yeah could use some help with what I am doing.
Username:Voon
Character Name: Caden Stark
Appearance: brown Buzz cut, clean shaven, blue eyes. 6'3 muscular chiseled abs. Often wears a white shirt black shorts and dog tags around his neck. Caden is always seen carrying a large knife that is attached to his belt.
Personality: As he is a soldier Caden is extremely loyal and will do anything for his comrades however he tends not to make friends as he is afraid of losing anyone close to him. He is cunning, strong willed and quick on his feet. However while Caden has many strengths he also has many weaknesses. One of these can be seen as a strength as well as a weakness, Caden can be single minded at times as well as ruthless his will power means he will do anything to get what he wants even if that is revenge this can put him into interesting situations.
Stone Type: Anger
Backstory: Caden was born in Winchester England. At the age of 15 he was taken in by his violent uncle after his parents were attacked by a group of street thugs. Shortly after been taken in by his uncle Caden was drafted into the army. While Cadens life may have not been the best up to this point he quickly found his place in the army, he rose up in ranks far faster than anyone before him and he quickly managed to earn the rank of General. After years of service Caden finally decided it was time to call it. However while celebrating his long career at a near by pub Caden spotted someone he recognized, one of the thugs that had killed his parents. Caden quickly approached the Thug he followed him into the bathroom. Caden pulled a knife and attacked the man, Caden used his training and quickly dispatched the man. As Caden stood above the body another man walked in, it was the other thug. The thug tackled Caden and pulled the knife from him, Caden twisted the knife and drove it into the thug, the thug screamed Caden then quickly threw the thug off of him and began to beat him to death. Memories of his past and his parents began to go through his mind, Caden eventually stopped got up and exited the bathroom he quickly ran down the street placing a hoodie over his head, he then felt his pocket for the knife that he had used but instead found something else, he pulled out the object which appeared to be a stone.
EFD Appearance: Race Human, in EFD Caden wears full black military armor, his hair is fully black and he has a goatee, he also has a tattoo of a scorpion on his back
EFD Skill: Throwing a small red energy attack when both hands are thrust forward (yep like a kamekameha).
Likes: color red, apples, oranges, knives, tattoos, and long walks on the beach
Dislikes: People who hurt the innocent, he hates politics waste of time, he has a fear of heights, alcohol and drugs (it dulls his senses)
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@Voon: Accepted!

@BitVid: If you repost your app with the stuff I discussed with you privately, you should be set :)
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Spoiler : not actually an app sorry :
Hey Trybien, you may not have noticed but I think titleguy1 has edited his app since you initially declined it?
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Thanks for the heads up Lp ^-^ Also thanks for getting my hopes up XD

With thay then...

@TitleGuy: You are accept as well!
Bitvid64

Post by Bitvid64 »

APP has finally been updated and hopefully for the best.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@BitVid: App looks much better! Accepted. (Unless you have any objections, since seconds do not translate well into rp post, 10 seconds will be interpretted as one enemy post. Future upgrades to the skill will more than likely increase the length of the effect.)

Edit: RP will officially start Monday. Apps will be accepted afterwards, but please try to get them in before hand. ^^'