[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by enigma »

enigma wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

PLEASANTON HAS MOVED!

Due to a desire to better the Pleasanton system, Pleasanton has moved to Vietnamese Noodles. You can find the main thread here. Please make sure to read over it!

Once you have, please resume business as usual in our new location! Thank you.

The Old Opening Post:

A quaint little town, where nothing bad ever happens.

Set within the quaint little British town of Pleasanton. However, under the calm exterior of this town lies a dark secret... What that secret is, well, let's just say it's something so terrifying that some people would even kill to keep it a secret. The question, then, is where do you fit in? Are you perpetrator of this conspiracy? Are you an unknowing pawn in it? Are you an innocent bystander? Or are you something completely different, with your own secret set of goals?

Whoever you are, one thing's sure. There's something going on in this sleepy little village. Something strange...

--------------------
Introduction
Spoiler : :
Welcome to Pleasanton is a supernatural/mystery roleplay with mafia elements inspired by Gravity Falls, Twin Peaks and the X-Files. Yes. It is going to be one of THOSE types of stories/RP's.

In the RP, you take either the role of an insider or an outsider. Either a villager, a denizen of the town, or someone who's found their way through the forest and chilly, English fog to this little haven... From there, you will be let loose to explore the town. Of course, it is at the GM's discretion to trigger events as they please. Yes, this includes events which seem to come from absolutely nowhere. However, I assure you, everything that happens has a reason (either plot related or due to some sort of circumstance.) Basically, take this RP like improv. Just roll with whatever happens.

Now, as for what I mean by pseudo-mafia... Well, since a majority of the way this RP works rests on the unknown and surprises, forgive me if this seems a little vague. Unlike mafia games, this RP doesn't really have... sides. However, it does have secret character roles, goals and twists. Not every character may receive one, so don't panic if you don't. In that case, simply make it your goal to uncover the secrets off the town or whatever you figure your character would do/is after.
--------------------
How To Play
Treat this like a collaborative story. Walk around the town. Explore. Investigate. If you want to perform a specific action, then put it in bold. Otherwise, just write normally and enjoy. There's really not much to the actual how to play side of this RP.

Private conversations and actions within this RP are totally supported. Just use PMs! Or, like, contact me in another way that has a log. For example, Skype. However, if you are holding a private conversation with another character via PM or Skype, please make sure to send a copy to the GM as well.

If you have any special game mechanics or abilities, they will be explained to you. Don't worry.

Do note that death is possible. So, be on your guard for the possibility of it.
--------------------
Careers
In this game, careers play an important role. Important in that... Well, they're not super important. But, story wise, they do effect the plot and how NPC's and the like treat you. Also, in what you can do. You can't know how to fire a gun perfectly if you're some random barber, and you really don't want to get caught doing anything scandalous if you're the mayor.

Speaking of which! Certain careers/roles within the town have special limits. Typically, there will only be 2 of an occupation maximum. However, things like the Mayor can only have one applicant.

Outsider counts as a special role. Write that down as your career (in addition to your main career, so "salesman/outsider") in your app. At maximum, there are only allowed to be 4 outsiders in the town at any given time.
--------------------
Rules
Basic RP etiquette, really. Don''t godmod, don't bunny... The basic stuff. If you haven't already, I suggest reading GD's Guide to Roleplaying. It's also important that you keep the tone consistent, and try and have your characters abilities be realistic. Of course, being inspired by what it is... Character actions don't need to be realistic. In fact, have them act as surreal as possible as long as it's realistically physically possible. Also, do note that you can only have one character at a time.

In any case, as long as you're not breaking site rules, or performing a major RP faux-pas, you should be fine.
--------------------
Character Apps

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] [i](What's your name?)[/i]
[b]Career:[/b] [i](What's your job?)[/i]
[b]Bio:[/b] [i](Best not to write too much here. Try and keep it open enough for possible twists and such. Just tell me a little about your past...)[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i](Write as much as you want! Of course, I'm just going to assume this is their surface personality. Since, after all, this is available to the public and I'm sure you wanna have your sneaky surprise twists and turns. Making your character super quirky and weird is not only allowed, it's encouraged!)[/i]
--------------------
Current Players
  • Spencer Ross Parker (Topaz, Page 1)
  • Paul R. Truman (Spd12, Page 1)
  • Jenny Jamieson (Kwando1313, Page 1)
  • Barry Normal (Detective Luke Atmey, Page 1)
  • Gregory "Greg" Owlford (Alnar, Page 1)
  • Bénédicte Tasse (Reecer6, Page 1)
  • Grace Fairchild (MonoTheMeerp, Page 1)
  • Waldemar Vesyan (Arivenzys, Page 1)
  • Ignacio Abano (SS Sleuth, Page 9)
  • Pekka (Dave, Page 11)
NPC's
  • Cornelius J. Stonewall (Local Newspaper Owner)
  • Mildred Parkin (Retired)
  • Child(?) (Child)
  • Pepper Henderson(Farmer's Wife)
  • Richard Henderson (Farmer)
  • Anton Fischer (Stock-Player)
--------------------
Currently Taken Occupations
Outsider (3/4)
Journalist (1/3)
Mechanic (1/2)
Bartender (1/2)
Banker (1/3)
Lounge Singer (1/1)
Newspaper Head/Owner (1/1)
Farmer (1/2)
Pastor (1/1)
Unemployed (1/3)
Last edited by enigma on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by Topaz »

Spoiler : Character App :
Name: Spencer Ross Parker (Goes by Agent Spencer Ross Parker, Agent Ross, Agent Parker. Anything else is disrespectful.)
Career: FBI Agent/Outsider
Bio: Agent Ross doesn't speak much about his past before joining the FBI. However, he has many a story to tell about the strange and gruesome cases he's taken part in. He joined at 22, and quickly rose to being a federal investigator due to his excellence in seeing the little connections nobody else could. Now, age 30, Ross arrives at Pleasanton to follow up on rumours of supernatural occurrences in the small town.
Personality: Ross is a strange one. He's friendly, but not too likeable. Something about him is unnatural in the way he talks to people, always kind of looking down on them. Especially in a rural village, his city lifestyle causes him to feel somewhat superior to the residents of Pleasanton. When alone, Ross will discuss details with someone called Jean. As far as anyone can tell, though, Jean isn't real.
energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Post by energizerspark »

You haven't seen Hot Fuzz by any chance, have you?
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

This seems low-impact and still has some mystery bent to it. I'll give it a shot.
Spoiler : Character App :
Name: Paul R. Truman
Career: Mechanic/Insider
Bio: A Pleasanton native, aged 33. He took over his father's shop after their passing some ten years ago, and to this day one of the only mechanics in town. Unmarried, and has a reputation for being not terribly reliable but gets by mostly on virtue that he's one of the only locals who at least has some idea of what he's doing. He has had a few apprenticeships that ended with irreconcilable personality differences, so his near-monopoly on the town's mechanic market continues uncheceked...
Personality: Never seems to be in a hurry, which is a detriment to his line of work as he is almost never that timely with repairs... or anything else, for that matter. Sometimes it appears he lives more at a pub than at his own home, and yet does not seem to drink alcohol. His sleep cycles are highly irregular and continues to add to his unreliability as to when he ever gets anything done. In spite of being a life-long native of Pleasanton, a town in the British countryside, he speaks inexplicably with an American accent and word choice. Has one of the best singing voices of this generation, but he has serious problems remembering lyrics.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Spoiler : App :
Name: Jenny Jamieson
Career: News Reporter/Photographer/Insider
Bio: Born and raised in Pleasanton. 26 years old. Stands at about 5' 8". Long blonde hair that's in a ponytail, but most of her hair is covered by a black bear hat. (Think like the one that Yuki wears in School-Live). She hopes to one day work her up to working at the BBC, so she speaks with (or at least, attempts to) speak with an Oxford British accent.
Personality: She's a rather happy and joyful person. She's always excited about looking for a new scoop, and is eager to look around town to find new stories. Her smile is one that just... makes you happy, you know?
Last edited by kwando1313 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Name: Barry Normal
Career: Salesman/Tourist/Outsider
Bio: Image
Barry is 27 years old, lives in the United States, and works in sales. He loves to travel, and does so whenever he has a free day from his busy job. He speaks with a slight French accent, and is about 5'9".
Personality: Barry is quite excitable, and loves to see new places and meet new people. When traveling, he likes to experience everything a place has to offer, from restaurants to whatever amusements are available. He enjoys telling people of his travels and showing them pictures he's taken while vacationing. He doesn't like to talk much of business or work during his days off, as he feels it adds unnecessary stress.
Last edited by DLA on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Spoiler : Character Application :
Name: Gregory "Greg" Owlford
Career: Bartender/Insider
Bio: Age 49, likes to wear a red flannel shirt (rolled up to the sleeves) under a black vest. Owner of the local bar and inn of Pleasanton since he inherited it from his family from a young age. He runs the entire establishment by himself, amazingly enough. If there's one face everyone in Pleasanton knows, its his. He's a trusted figure in the Pleasanton community that knows everyone and everything about the town after being the innkeeper for so long. After all, one hears all kinds of things from when listening to the local conversations.
Personality: Calm and stoic, but not completely emotionless. A listener more than a talker, but he's not afraid of voicing his beliefs and opinions when he believes himself to be right. All-around friendly guy, moreso to the locals than to outsiders but he still gladly welcomes the latter to the town when they stop by. He typically doesn't leave the inn except for when he has errands to do outside. Running the whole place by himself does keep him busy, especially when outsiders visit.
enigma

Post by enigma »

All apps accepted! Updating the OP.

@Energizer: Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that, if you shoot it, it will blow up?
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Sure, I'll join this!
Name: Bénédicte Tasse
Career: Banker/Insider
Bio: A quick sketch of him can be found here. Most notably, he has both a wristwatch and a pocketwatch, despite living in the 21st century. Also, his hair's a desaturated brown, his suit is light gray, and his tie and undershirt a dark blue. Age: 50. Tasse's father was originally from France, but moved to the town of Pleasanton, and a few years later he married an Englishwoman and Bénédicte was born. Heir to a small fortune, Tasse invested it into creating a bank for the town.
Personality: Tasse is a generous and forgiving man, which you may not expect from a patrician such as he is. He also tends to stay upbeat, and focuses on others more than talking about himself. He is very, very formal.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma

Post by enigma »

App accepted.

And, with that, I think we have enough people to start! Tomorrow, your new life in Pleasanton shall begin...
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Ayy lmao. Hoping for aliens obv.
Name: Grace Fairchild
Career: Lounge Singer/Insider
Bio: 34 years old, usually seen in long dresses, matching long-sleeved gloves and high heeled shoes. She's 5'6'' and lithe, has deep green eyes, brunette Marilyn Monroe-esque hair and soft, white skin. She's a very well-known Lounge Singer throughout the various corners of Pleasanton, performing in bars and the like. Her singing voice is beautiful and she's quite popular.
Personality: Just like her name says, graceful and fair - her image as a rather traditional lounge singer is what keeps her popular, and her beauty is just another cherry on top. Grace is also outspoken and not afraid to voice her thoughts, even if it sometimes might not be the right thing to say. She also gossips a ton and keeps up on the latest rumors, because there's certainly many to be going around... even about her, most likely. And above all else, she'd rather not have her image crumbled...
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

need some time travelers and espers too if you're going to throw in aliens

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

Accepted. Updating the OP.
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

If there is still the possibility to join, I would like to try RP here ^^ But just to know, how much presence is required ?
Spoiler : Character app : :
Name: Waldemar Vesyan
Career: Outlaw/Outsider
Bio: Waldemar lived originally in France until he was 24. He doesn't like talking about what made him leave his country, but it's actually a robbery which went wrong. Only one of his band that succeeded in escaping the cops, he found his way toward England, where he thought he'll be safe. His first stop was Pleasanton, a nice little town...
Personality: Despite his criminal career, Waldemar is not really a bad person. He had to make choices in his life that resulted in more problems, that he happens to regret sometimes. He hopes to start again, now that he's away from his old life, even if his english is not the best. He may be a little distant at first, but when a good impression is made, he's generally nice and is a pleasant company.
Edit : And so much French characters, incredible !

enigma

Post by enigma »

App accepted! OP Updated! RP starting soon!

A double post is incoming. To, you know, seperate the OOC chat and the real stuff. Also, just to make it clear, apps are always open. So... Yep! No issues there.
Last edited by enigma on Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.