[RP] Fire Emblem: Wish of the Goddess

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [RP] Fire Emblem: Wish of the Goddess

Post by kwando1313 »

Her bloodlust satiated (well, for now at least), Naomi waits where she is.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Megaera looks over to face Enolt. She was kind of surprised by the pretty pegasus... however she averted her eyes soon enough and looked at the man on it instead. "No, I'm alright... I cannot put my level of gratitude into words, even if my stock is probably gone by now... damn these warriors! May our goddess smite them... so cruel..." She was absolutely not happy.

Edgar heals Andreas for 17 HP. (27/27)
Edgar gains 16 EXP! (68/100)

Andreas wiped sweat off of his forehead, his hand clinging onto there. "Tch... everyone takes a hit now and then, even the most experienced warriors." He turned around to face Edgar for a moment, saying "My humble gratitude," and then riding off 3S, 1W.

"Looks like everything is going well. I've turned around a fair amount of times, and that man on the Wyvern shouldn't come to interfere if we don't take too long." Belynda smiled a bit, feeling good that nothing bad was gonna happen to her group, and Megaera as well. They just needed to be careful on the last stretch...

Auto-moved.

Enemy Phase

The Mage goes 2N, 2E and attacks Belynda!

The Mage hits, dealing 7 damage! (6/21)
Belynda hits, dealing 12 damage! (8/20)
Belynda gains 10 EXP. (90/100)

The Lance Fighter moves 3E, 1N and 1E and attacks Camila!

The Lance Fighter missed, dealing 0 damage. (13/25)
Camila hits, dealing 16 damage! (-11/21)
The Lance Fighter dies!
Camila gains 20 EXP. (91/100)

The enemies move around...

Other Phase

Player Phase
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

"Yes may the Goddess smite them! Burn them to cinders! Strike them with thunder! Unleash the void upon them!" Edgar cries as he hears the word "goddess".

Edgar moves 1W and heals Belynda

"And let's start with you, fair lady. Unleash the goddess' divine judgement unto your enemy!" he shouts to Belynda as a form of encouragement. "But do be careful not to miss. My staff can only heal someone so many times before it snaps in half from magical stress."
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Phantom moves 1W, 1S and attacks the mage.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Edgar heals Belynda for 17 HP. (21/21)
Edgar gains 17 EXP (85/100)

Phantom hits, dealing 11 damage! (-3/20)
The Mage dies!
Phantom gains 20 EXP. (59/100)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : Tactical Insight :
So we probably want to finish this off reasonably quickly (like... Within the next 2-3 turns) especially since Mono gave a hint that taking too long is a bad idea. I'll leave it to the left side to decide how to finish off the brigands and (probably) the boss. I'm more focused on the Mage close to the right side.

Here's my suggestion, though there may be a better idea (and if you have one, I'm all ears). I think that most of our right group should try to move back a bit in order to get out of the Mage's range (Actually, I think Mikael is the only one who needs to move. Going 1E would do it). I'll have Camila be equipped with the Hand Axe. She can then lure the Mage, hopefully countering him. Both she and the Mage would have iffy hit chances (55% for Camila, 45% for the Mage, if I remember right) but it would successfully lure him in to be killed by either Mikael or Lillika during the next turn. Camila can afford to take the hit if she doesn't dodge, though she will desperately need to get some healing from Heac next turn. Ideally she manages to hit the Mage so he can be taken out in one hit during the next turn.

Thoughts?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : ooc :
Mikael isn't healed fully in the statsheet even though he should be. (?) I almost healed him again by accident.
Heac gave a worried look at the warrior ahead. From what he was able to tell, it was pretty clear she wasn't unharmed. He restrained himself from rushing there... he couldn't leave the formation right now. All he could do was hope she'd hold out for a bit longer.

Please... we got this far without any casualties. Don't die now.

"That should do it... wyvern rider." Wyverns still gave him some bad memories. He couldn't quite bring himself to trust them, even if he knew this one was one of their allies.

"It was wise of you to retreat for the moment, but it seems like someone else didn't do the same. I won't ask of you to immediately risk your life again, but you're swift with those wings. Should they end up in too much of a predicament, please save them."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

"Unless, of course, it would mean two would die instead." I'm staying alive if I can help it, and losing somebody else would just make this group's psychos lose their heads completely. Nope, not happening. With a gruff nod toward the troubador, Mikael retreated 1E.

"I'm assuming she can at least get one blow in. Cleanup should be smooth after that. Staying away in the meantime." Now it's your turn, barbarian.
Spoiler : OOC :
I'm still not up to full in the stat sheet, for some reason.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Since FERP is more or less dead, I'll be getting around to post whatever there's still left to post (quite a bit, in fact) to close this out. If the RP never died, we might even be at the end by now with the pace it went at! But sooner or later, I suppose this happens to all roleplays.

Not gonna hold a long speech and just get to the point. Here you go.
Spoiler : Belynda and Andreas :
Like most people have figured out while the RP was still running: Yes, Belynda has something to do with the goddess. No points for guessing that one, not like it was hard to conclude. xP (There was even a hint with the logo - the colors are the same as that of her hair and her eyes!)
Belynda is not the goddess herself, though: she's more of a messenger, or, avatar, rather. She only fully realizes and accepts this later in the story and basically plays that role full-time.

Back then, Belynda was not the only "avatar" - they all lived in a temple in Eissere that was dedicated to the goddess, and with every war, one of them went missing - when FERP took place, Belynda was not the only one left, but all the other ones were in hiding. I may or may not have planned to let you guys run into one without telling you!
Belynda lived in the temple and worked there for several years until she lost every memory of it in an accident.

There isn't much to Andreas' character than already shown - however, instead of being a royal knight after the academy, he used to be something similar to a deliveryman beforehand. He and Belynda have actually met before on one of his deliveries, and only very briefly, but only he remembers. They met again later - Belynda had passed out in the snow once, far away from the temple. She looked weak and pale, and almost as good as dead, as if something grew too big in her mind and soul and made her burst - or, atleast, that's what the medic told Andreas when he carried her through the snow atop his horse to the nearest town. He was definitely right. Andreas could hardly imagine it, but thinking about what Belynda seemed to be since she was associated with the Temple of the Goddess in Eissere, it seemed somewhat plausible to him.

Since then, Belynda has lived on her own at home in a small village, later moving on wanting to learn all about Virrius's history to make up for her lost memory. Andreas has never met Belynda again until they rejoiced at the academy. The temple had deemed Belynda as missing when she no longer returned. They did not bother to investigate it any further - it was nothing rare for maidens to go missing. They still had plenty more, so why replace them? Their beliefs weighed too heavily, and plenty even thought that the Goddess chose them to leave the temple, or even directly tell them, or get rid of them herself.

Andreas tells Belynda that they've met before and that he technically saved her life at around Chapter 15-16.
Spoiler : Relevant Side Characters - Sigmund, Rienth, Eliza, Nathan & Amy, Megaera, The Goddess :
Sigmund - The upright and justful leader and ruler of Cellean, Lord Sigmund. Cellean is the supposed "Iron Stalwart" amongst the nations, being in the center of the continent and one of the more secure nations to boot, having the biggest army amongst all of them and also the most well-known and successful heroes and soldiers across the continent. Sigmund seems to know all about the war and manages to get Belynda on his side, making her something similar to the commander of an army (the player group). He technically controls her over the course of the story, showing all the seemingly right ideals... but after getting the final artifact, he turns traitor and escapes with his own army. He had planned this the whole time and when he set off for the Mountain of the Goddess with all the artifacts in tow, he only took his most loyal men with him. Even his own daughter, Eira (who was supposed to join us as the second lord in Chapter 10), did not know of his plan. He is practically the odd one out amongst his bloodline. As started in the OP, his family had participated in every war and the times inbetween, yet he was the only one with true malicious intent, even if he had masked it pretty well.

Rienth - Dark and shady to most, Emperor Rienth is said to be a harsh ruler. Ruth, being set at the foot of the Mountain of the Goddess, is full of magic, but in contrast, it seems to be Dark Magic instead of Light or Elemental one. The heart and core of Ruth lies beneath the ground, and that's where most of it's power is drawn from. However, Ruth is something similar to being "misunderstood" - even if it is shown in an odd way, the citizens still serve the Goddess, but every other region makes it sound like a bad place. It's not a welcoming place by any means, however, even if it only became like that because everyone made it look like one from the outside. Once Ruth is breached and Rienth is beaten, he tells the story of his country and his people, and how close to the goddess they truly were, and Belynda actually ends up feeling remorseful and returning to Sigmund, questioning why everyone made these people sound so bad. The Dark Arts are mighty and fearful, and Rienth knew this - but he also knew how to harness them. Because of all this, some people who know more about Ruth's history also call it the 'Kingdom of Solitude'.

Eliza - The ruler of Senisse, she is said to have killed her own husband because he was such a wimp. Her people looked up to her because of how great she was - she was smart and knew many things, as beautiful as if she was born in heaven, as elegant as rose petals in the wind, and her elegance was deadly to boot. Senisse lies in the south of Virrius and it's mostly made up of sand, and magical one at that - it's also said to have plenty of treasure. It's a popular country for travelers, magic students, treasure hunters, the like. Eliza is harsh, justful and cruel, and once she is killed, her people stand up for her and would chase Belynda and her group to the ends of hell itself.

Nathan & Amy - A couple of professional burglars. Similar to Cath, they would appear every now and then in a chapter with treasure chests, each time getting to know them a bit better and how they got together. Just a simple side plot to make the universe more lively, nothing big to it.

Megaera - A merchant who's had her stuff taken from bandits. Belynda and her group save her, even if they are not able to recover her lost items. She joins the group for the rest of the adventure.

The Goddess - Her actual name is Tiamat. She is still mostly referred to as "The Goddess". She is never actually seen and only communicates through her voice or through her avatars (like Belynda, for example). Not even those who have gotten to wish upon something after having left the war victoriously have seen her in any shape of form. Many artists show her as a beautiful woman with a slender body and long hair, and with mystical markings all over her pure body, though none of them know what she truly looks like. There's many things unknown about her, and she practically stays a walking (or, well, not really walking) mystery the entire RP long, even after the conclusion. All that's known about her is the War and the Wish, and that's enough to get the entire land going.

I would have most likely brought in far more side characters as the plot went on.
Spoiler : Every Single Chapter + Story (Warning, lots of images) :
I'll comment the map itself and the story that goes along with it for every chapter. Some chapters have decided names, some don't (I would've named them when we got around to them).

Prologue - The Adventurer's Guild
Map Design: Kept very, very simple and small to keep the early chapters short. The snow tileset sets the tone of the start of the game.

Story: The start of Belynda's guild. They encounter bandits while traveling and use the chance to test their capabilities in battle since they look fairly weak. Nothing special.

Chapter 1 - Under The Eternal Snow
Map Design: Bigger than the Prologue to make room for all of the new characters introduced in the Chapter (party members like Enolt, Heac, Eowyn, Phantom and Mikael - and even later on Alvah and his mooks). The mountains are made to keep the players in a more tight path and to fit in with the region.

Story: Belynda's group runs into some trouble, and it's made apparent that another nations wants her, alive or dead. No one can answer why this is, so all they can do is fight. Two of Sigmund's friends arrive who were supposed to look for Belynda's group and report back to him, who also incidentally manage to save them from Alvah by their sheer presence.

Chapter 2 - Firm Guard
Map Design: Even bigger than the previous map. The two rooms at the entrance are made for party members, and the fort is intentionally linear because you have to go up, get the door key, and only then you're able to fight the boss to end the chapter.

Story: On their path, Belynda encounters a fort that she does not remember being on the map - however, since there's no way around it, they have to fight their way through. Edgar, Camila and Enoch are chosen to be sent in alone. (I would like to thank their players at this point for wonderfully illustrating their group at that moment, and also how they seemed to be the leftovers and were supposed to be sent in to die first)

Chapter 3 - Forceful Eviction
Map Design: The halls are wide open to accomodate for the big amount of units inside. There's plenty of reinforcements to make the players really feel like they're on the run.

Story: ... As said, Belynda and her group are on the run. This battle is intentionally designed fierce, and Dia is made to be a more honorable leader. Despite originally being about Belynda's guild and their escape from danger, this is one of the moments that show the point of the plot - just how cruel the War of the Goddess can be. Also, Nathan & Amy make their first appearance, and Alvah returns from the first chapter.

Chapter 4 - Mountainside Escape
Map Design: The map switches between open and small fields to make it more diverse. A vertical layout with mountains on the side was chosen to make the players get the feeling that there might be reinforcements.

Story: Belynda and her group get close to their first goal of their journey - Cellean. On the way, they run into bandits once again who are plundering a helpless Merchant's wagon. They protect her and fend off the bandits, but cannot return her lost items. The merchant ends up joining them because she hardly has anywhere to go without many of her items.

Chapter 5
Map Design: A more spread out, maze-like map to have multiple fights going on at different places. This map was made with the chapter goal being "Rout" in mind. I was gonna make the blue spots for the player units be spread out as well, having like 3 or so for the various closed houses. Upon visiting the arena, you'll find that it's in the middle of being rebuilt and thus cannot use it. The first of all arena trolls!

Story: Spies from Ruth manage to breach part of Cellean's capital and are still seeking for Belynda. They mention being sent by Wyvern Lord Alvah as well. Once the chapter is over, some royal guards ride on over to tell Belynda and her group that the king wants to meet her.

Chapter 6 - Lord Sigmund
Map Design: I. Hate. Castle Maps.

Story: Belynda and the others arrive at the castle and it seems to have been assaulted by Ruth troops. It isn't revealed until far later that the supposed enemies from Ruth are just Cellean soldiers disguised as them, so both of the fights are staged, but only Sigmund and his loyal soldiers know. It's practically impossible for such a small group to enter Cellean and bypass their defenses.

Once the fight is over, Sigmund and Belynda's group have a long talk, where he explains tons of things about the war (which may or may not be true at that point), introduces his daughter Eira and gets Belynda to turn her travel group into a small army and fight for Cellean. She has a hard time making this decision and also asks the group... and they end up doing it (somehow). At this point, everything is going according to Sigmund's plan.

Chapter 7
Map Design: Made to look a bit more like some kind of prison. Again, I loathe indoor maps sometimes.

Story: First stop in their journey in Senisse - another fort, having imprisoned quite a few people. Among them, the Dancer character! Not much else happens in this chapter other than that.

Chapter 8
Map Design: First desert maps! It works like any other that there's treasure hidden in the sand and thieves can retrieve it. I kept the paths a bit more tight to again contrast with some more open fields of sand.

Story: Belynda's group makes their way to the capital of Senisse to infiltrate the palace in the center, where Queen Eliza resides.

Chapter 9
Image Image
Map Design: The first and only chapter divided into two parts. The first one is a defeat the boss mission, the other is surviving for a set amount of turns. It was a lot of fun to design this map and mix tilesets. Here's an image of both maps together, if you wanna see. I was also tempted to put a secret shop in part two in one of the grass tiles at the side and have one of the chests have a Warp Staff in it, but I felt like it might've been far too early for that. Also, Nathan & Amy appear again.

Story: Queen Eliza stands on the palace stairs and commands her troops to fend off Belynda and the others. Once they get through and defeat Eliza, they enter the palace to retrieve the Holy Treasure and then fight a long battle against Eliza's soldiers, who want to avenge her even if it costs them their own life as well.

Chapter 10
Map Design: Much more open this time to make room for plenty of enemy units and reinforcements from different angles. This is an escape mission similar to Chapter 3, the escape tile being the fort on the top right.

Story: Everyone makes a run for their lives with the artifact in tow. Eira (Sigmund's daughter) comes in from the north at some point to help the others out and joins the party full-time as the second Lord-tier character. They successfully retreat to Cellean and leave Senisse behind. Senisse is practically not seen again because they're too busy rebuilding now that their Queen is dead.

Chapter 11
Map Design: There had to be at least one map with this tileset. xP Designed to make it look like a passage between nations, which is exactly what it is.

Story: Everyone takes time to reflect on what happened lately. Their fight with Senisse was cruel and Belynda feels incredibly remorseful. Before the fight, someone shows Belynda a piece of art that shows her (or, at least, someone that looks a /lot/ like her) as a maiden of the Temple of the Goddess in Eissere. She is confused why this exists and why this was in Senisse, and it seems like no one can answer those questions. They make their way to Trop but are stopped in their tracks by Ruth soldiers wanting to get to Trop first, obviously wanting their hands on it's Holy Treasure.

Chapter 12
Map Design: Fun fact: This is actually a map I made a long, long time ago, I believe even before the first FERP. It felt appropriate to use here.

Story: Same as the previous chapter, practically. A good friend of Sigmund's gets Belynda a ship so they can travel to Eissere next after having obtained Trop's Holy Treasure afterwards. It's located in a cave under the port which goes down rather deep, even going below the surface of the ocean. After having obtained Perun, they set sail and head north.

Chapter 13
Map Design: Ship maps are weird to make. As for gameplay, at some point, the Manakete character is found unconcious on an ice floe floating and moving inbetween the ship in the middle (your ship) and the one on the right. A flying unit could've been able to reach them and get a special rescue event to recruit them.

Story: The Ruthians take the war to sea, and pirates join in on the mix, all while a mysterious Manakete seems to be coming in out of nowhere. This fight is meant to be messy and all over the place, making the travel to Eissere difficult.

Chapter 14
Map Design: Back to Eissere! The snow tileset looks a bit odd but it's nice to use. The layout is a bit more complicated to signal that this is where the game gets more difficult.

Story: Belynda finally arrives back at her home nation... and is greeted by more Ruthians. This is also were Belynda realizes more and more that she's connected to the Temple of the Goddess, and the boss of the chapter even says something along the lines of that. They carefully tread deeper into the north where the temple is said to be...

Chapter 15
Map Design: This map should be a lot more familiar-looking because of the big mountain range. Added the shops that can only be accessed by fliers for the heck of it, it looks cool.

Story: Belynda realizes that this place is familiar to her and gets more and more nervous with every step. Andreas recalls this location as well, though not saying much more than that until after the chapter, that they've met before and how he saved her life in the end. Once the Ruthians guarding the temple are gone, the group enters the temple in the hopes of finding an answer and, of course, Eissere's Holy Treasure.

Chapter 16
Map Design: I don't really like how this map came out, and it was gonna be one of the few maps that I was gonna give a redesign once it came up, but, oh well. It does what it's supposed to do. Nathan & Amy make their third appearance.

Story: A battle for truth, as Andreas calls it before the fight begins-- the temple looks somewhat destroyed and messed up, the Ruthians who are unfamiliar with the location wildly search for the Holy Treasure, but cannot find it. Once the fight is over, Belynda's memory fully returns - that she belonged to this place before, and also recalls what the markings on her robe are from, holy tongue only the maidens in the temple knew and other servants of the Goddess.

Belynda has a sort of "awakening" once she steps towards the waterfall in the middle, truly recalling everything and faintly regaining the ability to hear the Goddess. This is where she promotes. She also gains her personal weapon, Tiamat's Calling (an Anima Tome). Eira either promotes here or in Chapter 20, whatever seemed to be more convenient plot-wise.

With Belynda having regained her memories and also having obtained Gandiva, Eissere's Holy Treasure, they head over to make a march on Ruth.

Chapter 17
Map Design: Big rivers are odd to make. They look kinda neat, though. I chose this tileset because of the yellow water and contrasting darker colors - to show that Ruth is at the foot of the Mountain of the Goddess and make it feel a bit more... mystic and stranger than the other nations we've been in.

Also, another arena troll at the top left. The tiles around it make it inaccessible for ground units and if a flying unit tries to enter it, it turns out the arena is closed.

Story: The area is quiet. Not quite serene, in fact, there's more of an odd feeling looming into the air and a certain heaviness rolling out into the sky, and Belynda and co. can definitely feel it. The Ruthian forces are surprisingly small for the start - there were more of them back in Eissere. Belynda questions this while pressing onward. The people that live around here also tell Ruth's tale and what other nations say about it, making Belynda conflicted for a moment, but Andreas tells her that they may not be telling the truth.

Chapter 18
Map Design: Had to use the sunset tileset at some point. Plenty of walls are on this map for ranged attackers to shine. Nathan & Amy appear here (for the last time) and hand you the Dread Fighter and Bride/Groom promotional items.

Story: Belynda and her group prepare for the storm onto the palace in the middle of Ruth in front of part of the Mountain of the Goddess. They plan to take over the fort in the middle of the road and prepare there, but in order to capture it, a rather gruesome fight ensues and Belynda is once again reminded of how cruel this war is.

Chapter 19
Map Design: A vertical layout to properly show the assault onto the castle. The mission is to capture the two forts on the side first, rejoicing and then finally entering the palace. There's a bit of terrain mixup on this map, giving a good feel of a real, strategic battle in a war.

Story: Belynda and the others make the final move onto the heart of Ruth. Belynda is determined to make it, the last Holy Treasure waiting for them. It's a long and hard battle with plenty of reinforcements. The boss of the chapter warns them several times, dearly wanting them not to enter the palace, almost begging, even. Belynda wonders why, but she and the group decide that they cannot turn back now.

Chapter 20 - Truth Hidden By Darkness
Map Design: Fun fact: Theoretically, this is a map from another Fire Emblem game with a few touch ups in terms of tileset, choosing one that seemed more gloomy and fitting for the atmosphere. The map is incredibly well done and I just had to give it some sort of tribute because I'm in love with it. (Sorry to whoever deems this as uncreative!)

Story: Rienth waits on the throne, every soldier in the palace giving their all to defend him and keep the others from getting close. In the center of the palace is where dark magic is the strongest in comparison to all of Ruth, so Rienth makes a formidable foe by all means. Belynda's confusion grows bigger and bigger the more she walks throughout the gigantic palace - it almost looks like a location devoted to the Goddess, but she can't believe it. Andreas reminds her that it is too late to turn back, even if Belynda is nervous and no longer knows if what she's doing is right. But they've come so far, and Andreas was correct.

Once Rienth is defeated, he reveals the truth that Belynda was afraid of - Ruth truly was only a bad place ever since it was made to one. Rienth had everything under control and making Ruth seem as gloomy as everyone said it was was a good cover for him and his people. Belynda heads back to Cellean with a mixed feeling in her heart. There, Sigmund takes the artifacts, gathers his army and finally betrays Belynda and her group, making a run for the top of the mountain, Tiamat's Peak, where the Goddess resides. Everyone chases after them.

Chapter 21 - History
Image Image

Map Design: Now that the story hit it's climax, the next few chapters all have gimmicks and story bits to spice them up. This map was designed to fit something like an epic fight, something you would read about in history books. The six towers all inhibit different bosses, all characters you have met throughout the story (That guy back in Trop that got you a ship, for example, etc.). The boss of the chapter itself is Lucifer (back from Chapter 2), Estelle was told to escape and fly up the mountain to "prepare" something. The gimmick of this chapter is that every now and then, Lucifer turns the ground into water, making every ground unit unable to move.

Story: Chasing after Sigmund, Belynda and the others already face a great ordeal, plenty of strong enemies gathered at the foot of the mountain already. However, they're determined to not let it stop them. It'll only get easier from here on out.

Chapter 22 - Mystery
Map Design: (Had to use one of these tilesets at some point. I like using them.) Given's favorite chapter! The stairs work like teleporters. The objective is kill boss to keep it relatively simple.

Story: On the way, Eira tells more about her father and the history of Cellean. Once she is done, Belynda can faintly hear the voice of the Goddess, but cannot make out her words. She also remembers the Goddess's actual name and tells it to the group - her name being Tiamat. The group's next challenge is some sort of maze - there's no way to get around it other than flying over it, and even then, it's very high and would cost more time than finding and fighting their way through.

Chapter 23 - Remorse
Map Design: I actually drew this map in class and it turned out pretty nicely. Working with a drawing beforehand is nice if you know the tiles you're gonna use. I need to do that more often. Either way, I like how this map came out. There's a boss on the inside of the building and once you defeat him, you can escape in the top right. Along with that, the usual lava gimmicks also apply to this map (that being fire tiles)

Story: Belynda comments on how diverse this mountain is - Andreas reasons that this is most likely because of the might the Goddess posesses - a place as mythical and magical as she herself. The group finds their next obstacle - another big building, similar to a fortress. It can actually be moved around, but their path is blocked by a barrier. They must get rid of it first.

Chapter 24 - Resolve
Map Design: This map's gimmick are the incomplete bridges that first have to be built. To do this, a unit must be standing on the end of the bridge. A tile will grow at the end of the enemy phase. You start at the bottom and get plenty of enemy units around you, making the start a messy fight. The vendor and armory at the top left are the last ones in the RP and, of course, sell the best available items.

Story: Belynda and the others grow tired and exhausted, but refuse to give up, still giving chase after Sigmund. He's not too far away, but ahead of them regardless. The voice Belynda hears gets louder and clearer the further they approach the top of the mountain. The enemies say that Estelle broke the bridges for them and then escaped, never to be seen again. She most likely flew back to the mountain to see if Lucifer was alright, but she had not been seen again afterwards.

Chapter 25 - Challenge
Map Design: No gimmicks this time - just a large, big map with plenty of enemies and reinforcements, similar to FE7's Chapter 30. This is another map I made before the RP, and it felt appropriate to use for a big, epic, penultimate battle.

Story: Belynda and the others face the final roadblock in the way to entering Tiamat's Peak, the sanctuary where the Goddess resides. At some point in the battle, one of the maidens from the Temple appears, floating above the stairs at the entrance and freezing the whole top of the mountain to signalize her appearance and might. She puts herself into Belynda's way, fighting for the goddess as she believes that the one who gained all the artifacts is the only one who should rightfully obtain the wish.

Finale - War of the Goddess
Map Design: And of course, I had to make the final map not only the biggest one in the game, but also symmetrical. Fun fact: I've never actually worked with this tileset seriously before making this map. It turned out very nicely despite that fact, though, which pleases me. The boss is, of course, Sigmund, standing on the throne in the very center. His class is the same as his daughter's - Great Lord.

Story: Belynda's group has finally made it and is ready to fight Sigmund to prevent him from using his wish for malicious intent. Once defeated, he does not explain why he is different than all the other war competitors in his bloodline, but only calls everyone else a fool, which might be his explanation after all, however you take it.

Belynda steps in front of the Altar and now the voice in her head is clearer than ever - so clear that every life form on Virrius can hear Tiamat, the Goddess.

At this point, I was either going to make Belynda to wish for no more wars after talking to the group and getting their agreement, or asking the players (both OoC and IC, but mostly IC) what they should wish for. The epilogue would've been a tour around Virrius, showing how it changed after their combined resolve in their wish together. Every player also would've gotten to write an FE-style ending specifically for their character(s).

... Aaand that should sum the story up! God, that was long.
Spoiler : Several Tidbits :
  • I frequently asked for relations of the characters (family etc.) to consider them as potential boss enemies in later chapters (for example, Enoch's sisters)
  • The Holy Treasures are, of course, the legendary weapons. Here's what every nation had: Rhongomiant (Lance, Cellean), Tizona (Sword, Cellean - Cellean posesses two of the Holy Treasures because they were the winner of the previous war), Zephyr (Anima Tome, Senisse), Perun (Axe, Trop), Gandiva (Bow, Eissere), Nephtys (Dark Tome, Ruth)
  • There's actually an entire (not fully complete) list of skills I wrote up - here it is:

Code: Select all

(--- means unsure because Classes in Awakening don't have a very usable skill)
    Great Lord (Eira): Aether (with new name)
    Grandmaster (Belynda): Animus (Ignis)
    Paladin (Eowyn, Jeffrey): Aegis
    General (Melanie): Pavise
    Great Knight (Eowyn, Jeffrey, Melanie): Luna
    Swordmaster (Edvin): Astra
    Trickster (Theodora): Acrobat
    Assassin (Lia, Adelphonsus): Lethality
    Berserker (Camila): Wrath (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn Version)
    Warrior (... no one): Counter
    Hero (Enoch): Sol
    Sniper (Given): Adept
    Bow Knight (Given, Enoch): ---
    Sorcerer (Phantom): Vengeance
    Sage (Naomi): Flare
    Dark Knight (Phantom, Naomi): Lifetaker
    War Monk (Edgar, Heac): Renewal
    Valkyrie (Heac): ---
    Falcon Knight (Enolt, Alwin): Imbue
    Dark Flier (Enolt, Alwin): Canto
    Wyvern Lord (Lillika, Mikael): Stun
    Griffon Rider (Lillika, Mikael): Pass
    Coryphee (Dancer): Special Dance?
    Manakete (Manakete): Wyrmsbane?
    Dread Fighter (Anyone): Aggressor
    Bride/Groom (Anyone): Resolve

Possible Skills:
    Adept
    Imbue
    Stun
    Resolve
    Cancel
    Pass?
    Miracle?
  • ... aaand an entire soundtrack. It's all uploaded on dropbox. Might link it at some point. There's probably a few names that aren't very recognizable and I'll link the music if needed.

Code: Select all

Prologue: Symphony of Swords - Jenna's Theme - Formidable Enemy
    Chapter 1: Crimson Feast - Jenna's Theme - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 2: Symphony of Swords - Jenna's Theme - Formidable Enemy
    Chapter 3: Immaculate Pledge - Fatalize - Felix's Theme
    Chapter 4: To The Wind - Jenna's Theme - Formidable Enemy
    Chapter 5: Immaculate Pledge - Journeying the Land - Sand Prince
    Chapter 6: Nameless Calamity - Fatalize - Saturos' Theme
    Chapter 7: Fearless Eyes - Fatalize - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 8: Immaculate Pledge - Journeying the Land - Sand Prince
    Chapter 9: Nameless Calamity - Fatalize - Ephemeral Dream (9.2: Felix Theme)
    Chapter 10: Escape from Alexandria - Fatalize - Saturos' Theme
    Chapter 11: Cold Morning Star - Journeying the Land - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 12: Sail over the Storm - Jenna's Theme - The New Legend
    Chapter 13: No Regrets - Journeying the Land - Formidable Enemy
    Chapter 14: Upon My Soul - Jenna's Theme - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 15: Nameless Calamity - Fatalize - Sand Prince
    Chapter 16: The Wise One - Fatalize - Saturos' Theme
    Chapter 17: Truth, Despair and Hope - Journeying the Land - Felix's Theme
    Chapter 18: Crimson Feast - Journeying the Land - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 19: Gigantesque - Fatalize - Sand Prince
    Chapter 20: Makai Provincial City Esoteria Epic - Fatalize - Call Girl
    Chapter 21: History of the Moon - History of the Moon - That Person's Name Is
    Chapter 22: Endless Wall - Animal Life - Valiant Heart
    Chapter 23: Through Molten Chaos  - Animal Life - Sand Prince
    Chapter 24: Endless Wall - Animal Life - Saturos' Theme
    Chapter 25: Challengers - Fatalize - Heavenly Earth
    Endgame: You Will Know Our Names - Fatalize - Ame-no-Murakumo
... Aaand that's all I can think of right now. I'll add things if I remember anything that I didn't write down now.

I would like to thank every player that has participated in FERP, you are the ones who made this what it is! Special shoutouts to:
  • Kwando, for all of this would be practically have been impossible without the tables and the FERPulator, and also for picking up co-GMing at the end
  • Enthalpy and spd12 for continuous support throughout the whole deal, GMing this thing was no simple task and got frustrating at times
  • All of those who gave me a few tracks for the soundtrack list
  • All of those who have given me suggestions on what to change about the RP, and those who have shown their fondness and even current complains about the RP
  • And again, all of the players and those who had an interest in FERP, because y'all rock.
This would probably be a lot more meaningful if we all got to the finish, but, whatever, pfft.

Did I have fun with FERP? Definitely! Was GMing a nice change of pace? I wouldn't mind doing it again. Was GMing FERP difficult? Very much so, and it got quite frustrating at times. But that didn't stop me from still doing it. Is there gonna be another FERP? I'm not certain myself. I agree with spd that tons of number crunching makes a collaborative effort like this very, very difficult, and FERP might not be an appropriate format, but I would say that there is a chance that FERP might return someday if it'll work better than it did overall.

I encourage everyone to post their final thoughts about this FERP under this post, and also, of course, things about their character and so on. Go wild!
Thank you for participating!
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

And now, Given's spoiler. (He had one!)
Spoiler : Given!!! :
The reason there's so little of him as a character is because he wrote about Belynda and friends' adventures in a very flattering light. He said very little about himself. The game may well have been a reading of what he wrote down.

Alternatively, he was kind of a creepy stalker and no one wanted much of anything to say about him after the fact.

Either or.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Glad to see this get some closure. I have a few thoughts on my characters, but not many!
Spoiler : :
I had two characters planned. One was a dancer (who may still surface some day, so I won't talk about her!), and the other is Mikael.

I didn't have much planned for Mikael because I wanted to see how the roleplay would go before deciding on a course, and his story would end up very much tied into my second character's. I will say that although he turned into the character with his head most solidly on his shoulders, he was always intended as a cynic whose life was now about just surviving, and his story was about breaking him out of that. That probably would have come out more in some other conversations, but alas. Maybe I can come back to him in some future FERP.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

alright time to unveil my killer, 8 hour worth plot and plans for my character. I feel bad that I never got to any of this in the story because I really put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making a compelling character in the midst of so many others. Hopefully, you'll see here that it all would have paid off.
Spoiler : Enoch's Arc :
angst and kill people
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Never change, Sleuth :lol:
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK