[CE] [M] HTB! ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

clcman
Spoken languages: English

[CE] [M] HTB! ○

Post by clcman »

DUE TO PHOTOBUCKET DISCONTINUING PHOTO HOSTING FOR FREE ACCOUNTS, HTB! IS CURRENTLY BROKEN, LACKING ALL OF ITS CUSTOM ASSETS. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERRING EVERYTHING TO ANOTHER SITE, BUT UNTIL THEN HTB! IS UNPLAYABLE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN (POSSIBLY TEMPORARILY) RESOLVED. GO FORTH AND HTB!

EDIT: HTB! IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO CONTRIBUTE TO FUTURE INSTALLMENTS THROUGH THE CREATION OF CUSTOM ART, BACKGROUNDS AND EVIDENCE!! PM ME TO APPLY!

Hey, guys! Here's a little Christmas present for you all!

Before anyone gets too confused, despite the [CE] categorization, this is NOT an entry from enigma and Gamer2002's "Ace Everything Else Online" comp. This is, in fact, an old entry that I never released from Gumpei and Ping's "Breakin' Da Rules" comp all the way back in November 2012 - January 2013. However, the recent comp has inspired me, and so, in the AEEO/Christmas spirit, I present... HTB!

So, what exactly is HTB!, you may ask? Well, it's pretty simple. HTB! (do NOT leave off the exclamation point) is an ultra-serious, dark, and gritty exploration of the psyche of man, questioning to what lengths some people will go to in the name of justice. It's a world-hopping, flashback-filled alternative interpretation and analysis of the original Ace Attorney canon that will forever change your perceptions of many characters and the AA world itself. Best of all, knowledge of HTB! and its many secrets will induct you into a secret community of HTB!-secret-knowers, allowing you to understand and reply to their HTB!-referencing messages.

Yes, you may be saying, but what is it? Well, I could tell you, but the fastest way is simply to show you. The prologue is HERE. Just trust me on this, it'll take like five minutes.

Once you've played that, you should be good to go for the rest of this post. AND NOT BEFORE! Understand? Good.

(Oh, yeah, I should probably mention that the Prologue and Part 1 were originally created on the V5 engine and then converted to V6. I believe that everything works fine, but if there are any weird glitches, that may be why.)
Spoiler : Rest of Post :
I swear, if you just decided to open that spoiler tag without actually playing the thing, I'm going to... *Ahem*
Hello and welcome to Holy Turnabout Batman!, the greatest AAO case about a semi-Japanese lawyer who is also secretly flying-mammal-based superhero ever!

Now, those of you with no exposure to HTB! beyond the Prologue may be a bit confused as to how this premise makes any sense. The short answer is: because it does. The longer answer can be found below in HTB! Part 1:

HOLY TURNABOUT BATMAN! PART 1 - Now with Talk prompts, Examine conversations and actual player interaction! Even if you've played HTB! before, enjoy the never-before-seen content!

But seriously. It WILL actually make some sense. Maybe not complete sense, but enough sense. Kind of.
Now, some of you may be wondering what comes after Part 1. The answer is simple: Part 2. HTB! Part 2 does, in fact, exist. Unfortunately, it is not complete. It is not even especially close to complete. When will it be complete, you ask? I have no idea! It's got a fair amount of work required (not to mention the likely Parts 3, 4, 5 and 6 needed to complete the story) and most of my efforts are currently focused on other unfinished comp projects, like A Web of Turnabouts. And That Turnabout Where The Defendant Is The Murderer. And A Pre-Emptive Turnabout. And this other project I have that ISN'T a comp entry. Yet. I've really got to stop entering those things and just finish SOMETHING. That said, I'll probably do a bit of polishing on Part 1 when I have time (maybe add one or two more Present conversations), so if you notice anything that needs fixing (or have any questions about the case or the... rather unique HTB! world in general BEYOND "when is the next part coming out,") feel free to ask or bring it up.

The point is, while I would like someday to finish the glory that is HTB!, that's not likely to be any time soon. So, why would I post a probably-never-going-to-be-completed-okay-probably-but-not-for-years case? Because Prologue and Part 1 tell a relatively self-contained story on their own, and I wanted to expose people (especially newer members) to the joy that is HTB! knowledge. And actually have A playable portion of a trial SOMEWHERE.

So, yeah. I hope you enjoy/enjoyed HTB! Prologue and Part 1. If you didn't, well, that's your problem.
Spoiler : :
I'M BAAAAATMAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!
Oh, come on, you KNEW that was going to be there.
Last edited by clcman on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Calvinball

Re: [CE] [M] HTB! ○

Post by Calvinball »

Play this case (and don't read the spoilery "Rest of Post" bit before doing so).

It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : part1 :
I totally remembered giving those sprites to you, so that twist didn't wor- okay fine I didn't remember and you totally waited three years just so I wouldn't.
HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless.
PhoenixRises123

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again, why?
BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!!! :D
But seriously though, it was a really interesting case and I can't wait to see more maybe..
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Truly the greatest thing I've seen on AAO.

Though the Part 1 is so short it still should be just the Prologue ;P
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

omg best thing on aao
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

I actually remember being somehow able to play the prologue to this trial a while ago, probably while reading through the comp thread...maybe I somehow got a link to it, since the trial was not oublicly released before?

Anyway, my opinion on this case isn't that different from what others have said, it's probably one of the most hilarious serious and thought-provoking trials I have played on this site. Though I agree that part 1 was a bit too short...it's basically just an introduction to this trial. I still have no idea what the plot of the next few parts might be...
Well, except that they are going to be full of trolling, considering who the villain is...
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow.
I didn't know the Joker's second alter-ego was Old-Unliked-4Chan-Meme Man. And using that theme for him is... INCREDIBLY fitting.
Last edited by Reecer6 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
clcman

Post by clcman »

cesar26100 wrote:I actually remember being somehow able to play the prologue to this trial a while ago, probably while reading through the comp thread...maybe I somehow got a link to it, since the trial was not oublicly released before?

Anyway, my opinion on this case isn't that different from what others have said, it's probably one of the most hilarious serious and thought-provoking trials I have played on this site. Though I agree that part 1 was a bit too short...it's basically just an introduction to this trial. I still have no idea what the plot of the next few parts might be...
Well, except that they are going to be full of trolling, considering who the villain is...
The prologue actually was released on the "Breakin' Da Rules" thread. That was back in the days of V5, so there was not a "you can't play this unless the author specifically said you could" switch. If you had the link, you could play it. Both the Prologue and Part 1 have been bolstered with new content , though.
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

This deserves a best plot twist award.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

i give it a batman/10
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
clcman

Post by clcman »

Spongesonic IN COURT wrote:
i give it a batman/10
Highest score I've ever gotten. :mrgreen:

Tulipau
Spoken languages: Español, English, русский. Learning PT and FR.

Post by Tulipau »

That prologue was the best 5 minutes of my day. Thank you!
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Saw the prologue. So far, it seems like a nonsensical one-joke piece. And I DO mean nonsensical. I'm tempted to break out Blackrune's 'That Makes No Sense!' bubble from his 'Burial of the Turnabout' case in response to this.
Seriously, Phoenix Wright being Batman makes no sense. At all.
However, I'm willing to play Part 1 and see if the idea actually goes somewhere and there's some justification for it. If the prologue alone was indeed all there was, then this would basically be just another one of those 'silly' things that show up on April Fools Day.

I'll probably get back to you when I see Part 1.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Esrom wrote:Saw the prologue. So far, it seems like a nonsensical one-joke piece. And I DO mean nonsensical. I'm tempted to break out Blackrune's 'That Makes No Sense!' bubble from his 'Burial of the Turnabout' case in response to this.
Seriously, Phoenix Wright being Batman makes no sense. At all.
However, I'm willing to play Part 1 and see if the idea actually goes somewhere and there's some justification for it. If the prologue alone was indeed all there was, then this would basically be just another one of those 'silly' things that show up on April Fools Day.

I'll probably get back to you when I see Part 1.
I don't blame you for your instinctive reaction. It IS a fundamentally ridiculous concept. But, hopefully, Part 1's explanations will show you that when you allow your disbelief to be suspended on that one point, a lot of things actually make sense in their own twisted way.

Or not. No one says you are required to like it, and if there was any case that might not be everyone's cup of tea, I think this would be it. I AM interested in your response to Part 1, though.