Forum games and roleplays discussion thread

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Re: Forum games and roleplays discussion thread

Post by Reecer6 »

You know how I said explicitly how I wasn't going to join in with Bénédicte Tasse or anything?

Well, I've been tempted, roleplaying is truly the bait of the devil, and I think Mia Fey's the only open slot, right? That's not in the post above, but I believe that's the case, and if it is, and you all ever get to the actual trial tonight, and I'm awake for that, I'll volunteer to join in as Tasse. Crossplaying is also fine, right? Even though Mia's character is greatly improved by being a woman simply because mentor figures who don't only exist to be killed off and further the protagonist's pain are rarely female. I'm fine with ruining Ace Attorney's artistic integrity.

Also I can just do this even though you called for last calls for open roles like an hour ago, right?

I'm totally breaking every unspoken rule right now. Every one.

(To be honest, I don't even remember when Mia actually appeared in 1-4. It seemed pretty Mia free.)
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Go ahead. That's fine.
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

Hi guys! For my time here, I've noticed something that's been a trend that I think we should talk about.

A lot of the time, people have to take a break from playing stuff. That's normal, that's more than fine! Real life takes priority.

However, I've noticed a trend that just about every time people take leave of something for a bit... they don't really get back into it, even when offered help catching up.

This sort of thing threatens the health of longer-running games where so many people put a lot of work into making them go. I'd like to start some discussion here: at what point do you decide to just walk away from a game?
enigma

Post by enigma »

When the GM is dead and in the cold hard ground. :x
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

spd12 wrote:Hi guys! For my time here, I've noticed something that's been a trend that I think we should talk about.

A lot of the time, people have to take a break from playing stuff. That's normal, that's more than fine! Real life takes priority.

However, I've noticed a trend that just about every time people take leave of something for a bit... they don't really get back into it, even when offered help catching up.

This sort of thing threatens the health of longer-running games where so many people put a lot of work into making them go. I'd like to start some discussion here: at what point do you decide to just walk away from a game?
It's not so much that I want to walk away from a game. I think it's just so much easier to get OUT of a habit than BACK into one. Once you go a few days without it in your schedule, you forget how to make time for it, even if the answer is really, really obvious. Discipline is a tough thing.

The other thing that comes to mind is that sometimes it's hard to remember what the mood or subject was when you left the RP - where you were going with things, in other words. Since you're gone, you've lost all that momentum, and it's hard to get it back. And in the TBP, losing your train of mystery-solving-thought (or desperately-trying-to-solve-a-mystery-though) can make it REALLY hard to jump back in. You convince yourself that you'll remember it with time, but obviously more time just makes it all fuzzier, and then it's REALLY tough to get back in.

And the last thing is sometimes the very moment you feel ready to get back in is also the moment you're busier than you were before. The mind has a cruel sense of timing. When you're free, you have nothing. When you're not, there's SO MUCH TO DO.

At least, that's how I feel it gets sometimes.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

speaking of the concept of not posting in rps,

pleasanton...?

anyone?
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

I have written an extensive post about what there is left to say and my closing words about Fire Emblem RP: Wish of the Goddess in the topic. It took me quite a while to write, so I'd definitely appreciate it if you read it.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Might not be able to post in RP's for a while! If you're stuck by me, please feel free to go on ahead. Thanks and sorry! ^_^"
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

So I've been working a Digimon RP concept for quite some time now, and I just want to gauge interest right now.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

YEAH DIGIMAN YEAH
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I could dig a Digimon RP.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Justice Riders Headcanon VA Demo Reel

Compiled various audio clips from the voice actors I imagine for some of my Justice Riders characters to display how I hear them when I write them. Its a rough Movie Maker edit with varying amounts of audio for each character and junky backgrounds for the art but it gets the point across well. I can try to make more for casting decisions I made for other characters if you want to hear my VAs for those or for other RP casts I've made and such. Let me know if you want any more specifically or what you think about my casting choices and such. I'll probably make a sequel to this one for characters I didn't include like the original Riders or some of the support-team Kalcion, and maybe throw in some other players' characters if any of you want them. It was fun to do, so I'd love to try more of these.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Justice Riders Headcanon VA Demo Reel: Part 2

Featuring the remaining Kalcion, the remaining original Justice Riders, and Rin Ichirou. I'd actually like to make a THIRD one of these featuring some of the other players' characters, so let me know if you're interested in that!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Justice Riders Headcanon VA Demo Reel: Part 3

A selection of VAs I headcanon for JR characters from OTHER players (and also razzmatazz) that I could find art I made for reference for. Featured are Charlotte Swan, Gerard Heifer, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Kiko Shinan, Marvin Burns, Soul Kawachika, Seiichi Kawaguchi, Raphael Vazio, Hayate Kawaguchi, Yutaka Uezama, Trama Salamander, Razzmatazz Rider, Ami Cloverfield, Ayako Tanaka, and MiRa.
Spoiler : Notes :
Not all the clips I chose are exactly what I imagine the characters sound like. Most notably, Charlotte I imagine with a slightly deeper voice but the audio I used had a slightly higher pitched character, and Seiichi I cast with knowledge that Keith Silverstein has a pretty dang good range and expect he'd be able to pull off Seiichi's bishonenness, but couldn't find a good clip of such so I opted for his creepier tone to fit more killery Seiichi. A lot is limited to what I could easily find, basically. And this is just my personal voice castings, so I apologize if they don't line up with your own like...at all.

Also prepare for the occasional wtf line of dialogue that breaks immersion because those get hilarious sometimes.
EDIT: Updated with Liam Treader!