[RP] Across the Stitches (Randomizer RP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: [RP] Across the Stitches (Randomizer RP)

Post by gotMLK7 »

Kawaii Court

This...is certainly a place.

On an initial glance, it's unassuming enough. Some may recognize the general aesthetic as being similar to their own dimension's "Tokyo". But upon further inspection...some odd figures seem to gather here. Most of the people walking around seem to be rather young, and a large amount are wearing different high school uniforms. Even more have bizarre hair colors, perhaps normal in some dimensions, but not exactly a common sight to most. It seems this is the only place where young people can get a proper education in Riftopia...though it's up in the air how effective it would be with people like this. In the background, one might spot superpowered people flying through the sky and shooting energy blasts at one another, but that's probably not a big deal or anything. The stores surrounding you are filled with trinkets and merchandise for colorful cartoons. It could be said that if one were to use their dimension's internet to, hypothetically, search images of, say, "anime" that one would quickly get a clear idea of what this place was like.

There's nothing immediately obviously related to the target here, though it does seem to be an amusing place to stay.

----

Centaur Park

The so-called "park" is immediately striking for its gorgeous greenery. Trees sprouting with fruits and flowers are abundant, and the only buildings in sight are the ruins of mystic temples brought from across the multiverse, all covered in a lush green as they decay with age. Fairies fly about, humanoids with animal parts walk about, strange creatures fly across the bright blue sky, beasts one could only dream of watch from behind the bushes as players walk in. The entire area is like something out of a fairy tale...for those unaccustomed, of course. To those from more fantastical universes, this might be common sight.

...But something is off.

There's a certain air of melancholy around the citizens here. In particular, there's a pair of men with goat horns and goat legs that seem to be struggling to carry something into the forest. In contrast to the greenery around them, they seem to be carrying a large, metallic device. It seems to be broken and no longer functioning, but its futuristic design is bizarre. The two satyrs seem to have harshly constructed metal collars around their necks, and they don't seem particularly happy about their current duty. If one were to listen in to their conversation, they may hear "Prince of Poles" being mentioned with a tone of disdain.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Limbo Plateau

"Uni! UUUUUUNNNNIII! Hey UNI! UNI!"

A voice. A horrible, annoying voice assaults the ears of any near a far corner of the the Limbo Plateau.

"UNI!"

There, in a far corner of the plateau, sits a small, human, clad in red. A loud blue bird like thing resting on the stranger's shoulder trying, and seemingly failing, to make conversation with the person it's roosting on.

"Uni! Come on man! Everyone's leaving! We gotta go man! We gotta go, team up with people! Come on! I want that wish!"

The bird thing yells whilst pocking the small person, seemingly named; 'Uni'.

However, the red stranger seems... oddly uncaring, somehow not dying from the pain of the bird on their shoulder, talking their ear off. Rather, Uni seems to be, watching the others, muttering something to them self.

"...H-hello there. My name is... No. No. Um. Hi! I'm... no."

Uni sighs,

"I'm never going to get anywhere like this. If I'm going to talk to anyone, I have to just, do it I suppose."

"That's the spirit Uni! Let's get going already! ONWARD AND UPWARD!" The blue bird screams.

Uni, seemingly ignoring the large bird, finally gets up and approaches one of the other participants; a girl in orange with a purple bird on her shoulder.

"Um... excuse me? I mean, hello." Uni says, trying their hardest to keep their composer.

The annoying blue bird believed it was time for it's introduction as well,

"SUP!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limbo Plateau

Ahmy's eye's flew open to the sound of the horrid echoes.

SUP!

"What the hell is that racket!?" Ahmy yells, furiously.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Limbo Plateau

At Kendo's warning, Ikiba cautiously turned her head around to the rest of the participants who still remained, but if it just so happened that someone—or somebird—was indeed eavesdropping, she didn't see it. Everyone seemed concerned with something else at the time. Especially that person in the red robe.

She turned back towards the swordsman and dismissed his instinct by reasoning, "Well, this isn't exactly the most desolate area of town as of now, so if someone is overhearing us, I wouldn't be quite so quick to scold them. Besides, I doubt they'd have mal intent."

"...If there is someone," she added, perhaps doubting the natural senses of the wolf.

Ikiba shifted the conversation back to the matters at hand with a, "Right, let's go, then!" leading Kendo towards the Empire City gate. "See, my idea was," she explained her plan as the two walked, "The target was a prince, wasn't he? If so, he certainly ought to be documented somewhere in a library or archive, and this section of town seems most likely to have something like that. We just need to find some encyclopedia or other tome mentioning a "Zarian" bloodline. That seems like the first logical step to find what certainly immense palace or castle he lives in, and from there we can challenge him to... something."

She continued walking in silence, thinking deeply about something.

"...Or execute him."

She shrugged.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Limbo Plateau - Krea:

Well, it seemed Krea was spotted after all. She couldn't say she didn't expect that, but was nonetheless somewhat relieved when the two paid her no mind. Krea was about to have Audrey follow the pair, when she found someone in a red cowl and hat blocking the way, struggling with a greeting.

What could they possibly want? Krea supposed the best way to figure that out would be to indulge them, much as it would pain her to deal with their... far from charismatic companion.

"Greetings." Krea spoke through Audrey's mouth, using Audrey's voice, doing her best to disregard Yu-Yu. "What do you require?"

Centaur Park - Yuko:

Yuko took in a deep breath. The crisp, fresh air of the forest swirled around her, surprisingly pleasant to take in. Maybe this was the area where she considered the trees to be normal. There could've been trees that take in nitrogen and produce methane for all she knew. Fuka slowly swam forward, Yuko riding on top, taking in the sights of the moss-covered, decaying remains of temples all around.

Though what was up with these people? The fact that she and Fuka were two separate things wasn't that unbelievable to them, right?

And what was up with the gadgetry here? Was this place futuristic or not? Yuko shook her head dismissively.

Yuko felt that tingling sensation in the back of her neck. That tingling that lets one know that they're being watched. "Fuka, turn around," Yuko commanded. The shark changed directions, and Yuko saw a sharply-dressed young man with wild green hair. Yuko locked eyes with Leo, expression more stern than usual. She sat on top of her shark in complete silence for a moment before jumping off, adding in a completely necessary flip and three-point landing. Eyes still locked, it seems like she could do or say just about anythi-

"Hey. How's it hangin', bro?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

Limbo Plateau

"Oh!" Uni said in surprise, "I, uh." Uni fumbles, "Nothing, just wanted to, say hello."

It wasn't a lie. Uni really had no intention of participating in the Witch's Game. Uni didn't want a wish, nor did defeating 4, targets sound like something Uni was particularly interesting in partaking in.

Yu-Yu, who is the bird, (probably should have said that earlier) was not so passive.

"Heh! What kind of hello is that!? Come on Uni, show some spine!" Yu-Yu howls, stamping his feet on Uni's shoulder.

"And you!" He adds, turning his head to orange clad human, "I don't care what such meager life form has to say! I wish to speak to the only being in my current field of view that could speak to me on a level equal to my own intellect!"

Yu-Yu then stops, to preen his feathers for a few seconds before turning to the purple bird.

"Another BIRD!"

All the while, Uni is pondering the next thing to say.

"Um, I'm Uni, what's your name?"

Completely disregarding Yu-Yu's out burst.

-------------------------------------------------------

Limbo Plateau

A now awake Ahmy on the other hand could not ignore the blue bird. Hands on her ears, she scrambles to stand up using nothing but her legs and back.

"Urgh! What does the universe have against me taking a nap! Screw this, I'm out!"

Ahmy yells stomping off.

Paying the labels barely any mind, she goes to Centaur Park

"Park eh? Sure, maybe I can find a nice tree to sit under or something."
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Limbo Plateau

Kendo relaxed some. Miss Ikiba had a point, if someone was watching them, it was likely because there wasn't much else to look at here. It wasn't much for concern, and he stopped sensing it anyway. Satisfied, Kendo followed Ikiba into Empire City.

"Hm… That sounds like as good a plan as any," he responded, not really having any strong opinions on it one way or the other. "Actually, now that you mention it," he pondered, "if such an information source exists, it can be potentially used to find future targets as well." Of course, that was under the assumption that future targets would be in high enough positions of power to be documented at all. In fact, there was no proof that this prince of poles' title wasn't self-proclaimed, like Miss Esmerelda's "the witch of stitches". However, people like Kendo don't think that far ahead.

Kendo said nothing in response to Ikiba's last comment, seemingly having no opinion on the idea of killing someone either.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Limbo Plateau - Krea:

The nerve... the sheer insolence of this bird to compare itself to me! I should peck your eyes out right here and now, fool.

This was something along the lines of Krea's thought process. For once, she was actually glad to be technically mute. Krea had to restrain herself when Audrey spoke again. "I am Audrey. We have no business here. Good day." Audrey brushed past Uni, and found the gate labeled Empire City.

Now, back to the two I was watching. They couldn't have gone far, right?
DSY

Post by DSY »

Limbo Plateau

"Oh! Uh, good day too you as well, miss Audrey!" Uni says waving goodbye.

"Well that could have gone better." Uni sighs, sadly. Meanwhile, Yu-Yu looks around and squawks for seemingly no reason.

"Ah don't let it get you down Uni! Bunch ah spoil sports! You're better off without them anyway, don'tcha think?"

Uni, seemingly unaware of what Yu-Yu said, considers the open options.

"I don't think I should follow them, so I guess I won't be going... where ever there leads." Uni says pointing at the road to Empire City.

"Hm, I've never really had much a plan in mind to begin with so I guess where I go doesn't matter to much."

Uni walks to the Kawaii Court
songotenman
Spoken languages: English, Danish

Post by songotenman »

Faizorn's face lit up when he saw the forest (as much as a demons face can light up). He had never seen a place so green before. There weren't any trees in the Underworld, an Leo didn't usually go to any natural places. Leo, meanwhile, was scanning the area. The area was a lush green park with trees, basically what he had been expecting. The area was filled with many different creatures, but Leo was more interested in goatmen walking past, and the strange object they were carrying. It intrigued a lot, and when he heard what the men were saying, he became even more intrigued. "The Prince of Poles" was the target's title, at least according to the Witch. He decided to follow them, but right as was about to leave, he heard a voice call out to him.

Leo had completely forgotten about Yuko and her shark. They were now both staring directly at him. Faizorn got a little nervous, but Leo kept his cool. "Greetings, young lady." he said in the nicer voice he used when talking to people he didn't know. "What can I do for you?"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Stargate Square

Monty was somewhat confused about the general atmosphere of Stargate Square. They had a lot of really cool stuff! Where were the beam katana fights, the high speed races, the robot dance-offs? The place felt very familiar to Monty, yet very unwelcoming despite that. He was used to a lot of highly-advanced technology, though the technology in his dimension was powered by Style, because everything revolved around it. He still made the assumption that things worked similarly here, even though that clearly wasn't the case. ... Well, the lack of cheer in the area wasn't going to ruin his day! That just meant that he had to brighten things up, or find adventure even when it seemed to be hiding from him.

Thankfully, he didn't have to look very far. While the "target" was nowhere in sight (and this seemed to be the completely wrong area), there was still someone he could talk to! A middle-aged scientist who had looked his way, then away from him. Monty knew that this had to be some kind of adventure! Maybe he'd be sent off to have a dance-off with a cyborg-dragon-demon hybrid or something. That would be a lot of fun. Though before he got ahead of himself, he adjusted his eyepatch and tried to read the scientist's Style Level. ... Nope. Still nothing. Oh well, at least the eyepatch still increased his own Style.

He walked up to scientist... Well, actually no, he didn't. That would be boring. Instead he performed several unnecessary backflips and somersaults to get to the scientist, all timed to a beat that he hummed to himself. He dramatically pointed to the scientist. This was normal for people of his dimension (it was dramatic and fun!) but probably came across as unintentionally invasive.

"Hey there! Do you need help with something? This is your lucky day, because I'm hyped to help out random people with their problems!" Monty declared, far more dramatically than he had any right to.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Kawaii Court - Laura:

Immediately after walking through the gate leading to this place, Laura was hit by a torrent of people, most shorter and much younger than her. Laura had to take a few seconds to get her thoughts straight. She wasn't used to this much... stimulation in the atmosphere. Two thugs near an alleyway seemed to be shooting fire at each other out of their hands somehow, she'd occasionally be near-deafened by some archaic, boxy, metal humanoid flying past her, and goodness were those skirts ever short! Someone would have to smack some dignity back into the way these young women dressed! But not Laura. She felt herself blushing just looking...

This was too much. Just as she was turning around to head back to Limbo Plateau, she saw a figure that only grabbed her attention because of the bright blue bird on their shoulder. Laura fought her way toward the red-clad person and offered them a quick curtsy. "Hello... Sorry for inconveniencing you, but do you happen to know anything of what's going on here?"

Centaur Park - Yuko:

"Hm. I was about to ask the same thing. Felt like someone was watching. Sorry if that wasn't you, though..." Yuko smiled whilst Fuka circled her, seemingly ready to strike in case Leo decided to try anything funny. She glanced over to the two satyrs. "Wonder what they're grumbling about. Wanna check it? Might be fun." She added, turning back to Leo and climbing back on top of her shark.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Centaur Park

Ahmy continues her quest to find a place to nap, completely forgetting about the whole witches game and walks into Centaur Park, right past a girl on a shark and green haired guy. Then stopping to look back at them for a brief moment.

"Man, I must have had something weird for breakfast this morning." Ahmy says, perplexed, before resuming her previous quest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kawaii Court

"What the..?" Uni says confused.

Random chance apparently was not on Uni's side as this new place was... thoroughly unpleasant, well at least to Uni. Uni quickly decides it's already time to leave but before Uni can, a voice is heard that appeared to be directed at Uni.

Uni turned to face the source of this voice, which seemed to be a painter lady.

"What's the hold up Uni?" Yu-Yu says.(turns out he is capable of talking without yelling) "Come on! I wanna get the heck out of here!"

Uni, continuing to not hear Yu-Yu, responds to this new person.

"Oh, hello." Uni says, "I'm sorry but, I don't know anything about this place either. I just got here."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Stargate Square

The scientist leaned away from Monty with a perturbed look on his face, like one would from a roach. He took a safe couple of steps away from the..."stylish" young man and fixed his coat up.

"...No, thank you, I'm rather fine at the..." He paused mid-thought, examining Monty with his one open eye. "...Hm. Your disposition tells me you're new here. You must be one of that woman's...'players'. I see...so that whole ruckus is starting up, then. Alright, fine. I'll play along..."

The man faced Monty, somewhat reluctantly. "I am Dr. Xander Machina. I've been appointed head scientist of D.E.U.S. Industries, the leading laboratory here in Stargate Square. You can think of me as the leader around here. Most of the districts have some sort of leader, and since I'm considered the most capable here, that 'honor' belongs to me."

He put his hands in his pockets and analyzed Monty from top to bottom, grimacing. "...You're not exactly the first player I'd hope to encounter, honestly, but I guess I don't have much choice in the matter here but to make due with what I must. So." He gave Monty an under-hand point. "I was informed that the current target you all are chasing is a man by the name Ciel Zaria. Is this true?"

----

Empire City

The city is similar to what many universe refer to as "New York City". It's full of tall buildings and the streets are bustling with people. Unlike that place, though, the buildings do not seem to match; some are Gothic, some are Roman, some are Medieval European, some are ancient Japanese, some are completely unrecognizable from the standard universe. The entire district seems to exude royalty and radiance...save for the many peasants that seem to be walking about and forced to get jobs. You can get just about any nationality's food here from street vendors, though, which is nice.

The Great Library of Empire City lies next to a skyscraper reconstructed from an ancient pyramid; it is controlled by a local Pharaoh, who is famously fickle around these parts, but the Library is generally open to public viewing. If there's anywhere that contains information on the local royalty, that's it.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Empire City

As she walked the first few hundred meters into the district, Ikiba couldn't help but look around in wonder. She had expected a certain patchworkiness to the city, but there really isn't any way to truly picture the absolute chaos in this collage of cultures that was the metropolis around her. And yet, despite the contradictory architecture and colors and styles everywhere, even mirrored in the fashion of the pedestrians around her, it all maintained an atmosphere of regality equally. It was so captivating, Ikiba unconsciously floated up about 4 feet in the air to get a more complete image of the cityscape past her already pretty tall height.

A few minute passes before her consciousness strikes her hard enough to incite the realization that she is not touching the ground. This prompts a sudden drop to the ground, whereupon Ikiba turned back to Kendo behind her and grasped her hands together in embarrassment. "My apologies!" she offered, although it's not entirely obvious what required apology here.

She turned and pointed to the building next to the pyramid slash skyscraper. "Looks like that's a library," she noted. "At least, that's what the giant sign says. Let's start our search there!" Lightly grabbing Kendo at the wrist to ensure they don't get separated in the crowd, she navigated the pair towards the library.

Meanwhile, a demon had been in the district this entire time, flying several stories above the crowd. Virasqual's wings flapped at the air as she stared down at the current below. Mainly, what was stopping her from doing anything up until now was a lack of any real open space on the ground to land on. She at least presumed no one was up for conversation off their balcony, or with someone perched on their head, so waiting was really the only thing she could do at this point.

Man, she regrets not having just walked into town with her legs.

Eventually, Virasqual just gets frustrated and slides down the side of a building, causing a couple peasants to stumble over. One shouts a swear in a foreign language. Virasqual mutters out a "sorry" mainly out of habit than out of any actual empathy. At least I didn't kill them, she thought.

And now, it's time to start on her investigation! She turns to the very nearest citizen and asks, "Do you know Ciel Zaria, 'Prince of Poles?'"

Surely, this technique of asking random people on the street will bare fruit.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Empire City

"That's alright." Kendo responded absentmindedly while looking in another direction. He didn't even seem to notice that his partner was just floating off the ground a few seconds ago.

It's true that the appearance of these buildings and the unique way they blended together was stunning, but that's not what was distracting him. His lower half was still pink and furry, and he was out in the open in a crowded street, and no one seemed to care. This was the same feature that caused him to avoid big cities for years out of fear of execution*, but here, no one was even giving him a second glance. It was a very jarring experience, but that's not what was distracting him either.

While, sure, no one in Kendo's direct vicinity was staring at him, but he couldn't shake this nagging feeling at the back of his head, the same feeling he thought went away when they were at the place called Limbo Plateau. It could just be paranoia from being in place like this, and didn't want to make Miss Ikiba worry over nothing. He had to be sure…

Soon they approached what was apparently the library, next to a building that could only be describes as a rectangle jutting out of a triangle. Probably from some alien culture that had an affinity for geometric shapes. Wait! A library! Libraries are quiet, he'd know for sure if someone followed him in there. "Let us waste no time, then," he said to miss Ikiba as they made their way inside the library.

(*I'm pretty sure forced seppuku was a thing, but I don't want to keep saying seppuku cause that might make some people uncomfy.)