[T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ○ [Part 1 Released]

Post by drvonkitty »

Enthalpy wrote:My normal method for spotting links that failed didn't uncover much, so I did some digging. I can't guarantee these are the causes, but they look likely:
  • One of Trucy's sprites isn't working and hasn't been for quite some time. Any time a user uses Trucy, this registers as an image that fails to load.
  • You have several slots where you don't give a URL, even though one would be expected. See the custom sprites of your preloader. AAO thinks every time you define a pose, it should see 2 or 3 sprites.
I can do a more thorough analysis if necessary, but I advise just cutting out the unused default poses and seeing if that has any effect on the red bar. It's currently at 3.38542% red.
That was the problem - it's down to just a tiny sliver after removing the blank poses, which I assume is the broken Trucy sprite. Thank you!!

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Glad to hear that worked!

You're down to .802% red (presumably Trucy) and then another ~0.3% that remains grey, for some reason. I'm not sure why this might happen, so I may take a more detailed look later this weekend.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Just a quick update that progress on Part 2 is continuing to happen. I know it's been a slow process, but there's been definite progress recently, and SK and I are working to get Part 2 released. No ideas of a release date yet (unfortunately, life just keeps on happening) but I'll try to keep everyone posted if anything changes.

Trust me, nobody wants to get this done & released more than me!

DarkNinja505

Post by DarkNinja505 »

Please, continue this trial! I've played through the first part, and the case itself seems well-planned already. Plus, the Perceive function.

Shout out to whoever made that.

This case needs a lot of work, I know. But we're all ready to see the results. Even now, the killer is so damn unclear that I would be genuinely surprised if it was anyone we've seen so far. Same goes for everyone else.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Hi all, SK and I are looking for one or two people to be assistant artists for ATCJ. Mainly, he just needs help with resizing, cleaning, and animating the assets for the case, so no spriting experience is required, mainly just good attention to detail. (Experience might be helpful, though, but he'll help you and send you tutorials if you need them).

Obviously, anyone who helps out with this will be subject to spoilers for Part 2, so be wary if you want to play the final release totally blind. You will be credited for your help, of course!

If you're interested, shoot me a PM including your relevant experience (if any) and your Discord info so we can talk. Thanks!

ImageImage

Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Oh boy its been 3 years already? If I wasnt so aesthetically inept and have no talent whatsoever I'd totally help. Finally the Bright Age of the Law can be completed
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

SK and I are still looking for assistant artists to help out with some of ATCJ's art assets. If you're willing to lend him a hand with resizing, cleaning, and animating assets for the case, it would really help us out. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Also, here's another hypeshot.

Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Hey, how goes the dev for part 2? I hope you got your testers
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Slowly but surely. Part 2 is currently in the first round of testing, and I'm currently waiting on tester feedback.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to get anybody to help out with the art assets, so that's currently holding us back. SK is really busy, and there's a lot of art stuff that has to be done before release.

I can't give an estimate on release yet, but we are a LOT closer than we were, say, six months ago. So hopefully soon!

Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Ah, well I hope you find someone. Why don't you try on Court-Records/reddit?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

That's a good idea, actually - no clue why I didn't even think to ask anywhere else, lol.

Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

I hope it works out. I'd totally help if I had any artistic talent or creativity whatsoever.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Thanks! Unfortunately, we haven't had anyone express interest in helping out (after posting here, CR, and reddit), so that might slow us a down a bit. But we're still pushing forward toward release, slowly but surely.

butterflyeffect
Spoken languages: English, non fluent French and Spanish

Post by butterflyeffect »

I can help you with the art that you are looking for. The only thing is that I do not know how long it would take me to do it, considering I have not done any kind of artwork for these types of games so far. I will try my best with the art though.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

butterflyeffect wrote:I can help you with the art that you are looking for. The only thing is that I do not know how long it would take me to do it, considering I have not done any kind of artwork for these types of games so far. I will try my best with the art though.
Make sure to PM drvonkitty so he gets a notification that you want to help