Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : app :
Name: Shirley Homes

Likes: Mystery novels, mystery TV shows, mystery films, mystery comics, mystery games, real life mysteries, bubble pipes, deerstalker caps, playing the violin, bees and beekeeping, anything intellectually stimulating while simultaneously easy for her to do, reading, and acting, and bees and beekeeping a lot

Dislikes: Being expected to actually solve a mystery, people named Moriarty, crowds, bordeom, inefficiency, people she perceives as not being intelligent, bad acting, not measuring up to Sherlock Holmes, and busy work.

Appearance: See avatar and signature.

As for her usual attire, well... you know the cliched clothes you imagine when you think of Sherlock Holmes (that hat, that coat, etc.)? That's what she wears. All. The. Time. (Complete with bubble pipe, mind you.)

Backstory: Before she first arrived at Shelvington, Shirley was... an interesting child. But to put things briefly, she has believed ever since she was a young child that she is the descendant of the "late, great Sherlock Holmes," despite his fictional nature.

Shirley was at Shelvington briefly after the first day. Unfortunately, she quickly found the new environment - so far from her family - too stressful to endure. Though she had maintained composure on the outside, within she had been far more anxious than even she realized. It was easy to assume that other students thought the worst of her for her preoccupation with her heritage, since that's how it was at all her other schools. Though she felt that her fears were untrue, it was difficult to quash them.

So, Shirley went home. Quietly, without fuss. She spent her time quietly, tending to the estate's beehives.

One day, however, when she was enjoying tea on the parlor, she was unexpectedly stung on the nose by a bee, one of the specimens she had been caring for! At first, Shirley was naturally frustrated and upset.

But then... a strange feeling, a realization of sorts, came over her. Here she was, running away from all the possibilities Shelvington could offer her because of an irrational fear of imagined pain. And yet, here she also was, tending to bees that cared not for who she was, who stung her despite her care and investment.

If she could tend bees, she decided, she could be brave enough to face the risk of being around others, of exposing herself to their potential judgment! She could return to Shelvington!

She explained this to her parents who, naturally, thought it an odd sort of conclusion and epiphany to have, but they couldn't complain too much about it. They were just glad to see Shirley decide to put herself out into the world again.

So here she was, at Shelvington again! Now feeling just a bit more confident, a bit less paranoid, and hopefully even a little readier to be a teenager before being a Holmes.

meep

Also probably can't post anything else today but if I waited I would've waffled and not posted this at all

And since I'm only going to be around for two more weeks this is especially silly but too late now
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Calvinball :
Re-accepted. Welcome back to Shelvington Academy!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Gymnasium - Elibazeth

Though lost in a trance, Elibazeth managed to hold Jackie steady in her arms. She figured that this was a good place to stop, they were pretty much out of sight, or at least, as out of sight as you can make a waltz between an extravagant princess and a clown as you can be. She did one last spin, placing Jackie beside a table and chairs. She felt the heat of the girl in front of her, the nervousness of her heartbeat, the way she refused to meet her gaze. She recognized this kind of girl, almost too well.

She smiled, perhaps even blush a little from Jackie's sudden compliments of her. It was almost as if she were talking to a completely different person. Though she was not sure if this was the real Jackie, the one that hid behind that tough punk rock exterior that elibazeth had come to know.

"Hey..." she said, taking Jackie's hand with hers and pressing down onto it with her thumbs. "Since when did you start looking for the approval of everyone around you? I think it's better to be hated for who you are than it is to be liked as someone you're not."

Elibazeth giggled. "Otherwise I prooooobably wouldn't be annoying you like the pretty little princess I am, huh?"

"Now do you want to be Clownie Crow who sulks in the corner of the room all by her lonesome trying to impress a single girl, or do you want to be effin' Jackie Crow who's pretty frikin' impressive as herself?" she said, doing her best impression of Jackie as she could and giving her a friendly little push.

Gymnasium - Xander Can Talk Ya Nerd Except He Doesn't Want To So I Guess He's Passive Aggressively Tapping Now

The butler looked at Gleen for another good minute. Perhaps if he could be seen right now, his gaze could be mistook for a glare. Xander looked down at his white board and took a separate minute to think on his answer. It wasn't every day he needed Morse code, much less used it.

*toc* *tick* *tic* *toc* ... *tic* *toc* ... *toc* *tic* ... *toc* *tic* *tic* ... *tic* ... *tic* *toc* *tic*
(XANDER)

Was he tapping a little louder than before? That could just be you.
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

Isabelle normally would’ve continued to ignore everyone around her, except for the fact that she was not the only one singing. She noticed Karen smiling and smiled back. It was just a new experience having someone else to listen to besides her own voice and the voice of whomever was playing on her ipod at the moment. In fact, she was so focused that she nearly forgot to sing.

“I hit the brakes for an old New Holland,
Hammer down and pass 'em on up,
The breeze smells like a summertime hay field's
Just been cut.

I got the windows down
Way outta town, singin'

Oo-oo-ooh
Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on,
Oo-oo-ooh
Out here, cruisin' to a backroad song.
I feel the wheels like a melody,
Like a radio dialin' in strong,
Come on, come on, sing along, sing along,
To my backroad song.”
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Nina

As Opal moved away towards the food - and then towards some stranger - Nina watched from behind.

"Uuuuh, ah ha ha, yeah! I'll catch up with you in a minute, s-so just gimme a quick sec, 'kay?"

She looked down at her wobbly legs, shaking beneath the weight of her suit and the exhaustion of her intense dancing.

"Oh god I've made several mistakes here..."

Eventually, Nina managed to drag herself on her numb legs over to where Opal and Annah were. She was already out of breath again.

"Huff...huff...h-hey there! Sup! I'm...N-Nina...hoooo..." She leaned over with her hands on her knees. "G-Give me...like three seconds...phew...oh god..."

She straightened up and looked towards the girl Opal had approached. She looked...kinda nervous, actually. "Uh...hey! What's up, girl?"

----

Gymnasium - Jackie

When Elibazeth finally let go of her, Jackie stumbled for a bit, dizzy from all the spinning. She put her hand down on a nearby chair to steady herself, then looked back up towards Elibazeth. He makeup was a smudged mess. Half the white makeup was splotched off on her partner's shoulder. Tears caused the blues around her eyes to stream down her eyes. Her red smile was crooked and melted. The red nose even seemed to have fallen off without them noticing at some point. With her hair messily pinned together, she looked less like a clown and more like a little girl that tried to do her own makeup for the first time.

"L-Lib..." She stared back at her friend for a bit...when her lips started to curl up into a little smile. And then, into a little chuckle. "Pfft...ehehahaha...! T-That's a terrible impression of me...!"

She giggled to herself for a moment. Though her face was a mess and there were still tears in her eyes and strain in her voice, there was something...surprisingly genuine about her face in that moment. No attempts to save face or anything. Just a giggling young lady. Though it didn't take long for the giggle to fade away into something more...melancholic.

"I-I mean that in more ways than one," Jackie mumbled. "You've really got a bad impression of me...I-I'm not really as cool as you think I am. At least...I wish I could be like you say. Not...Not scared of what people think of me. Not taking approval so seriously. I-I really wish I could be like that..." She tightened up. "But...I think I'm not strong enough to be that kind of person. I'm just dumb like that..."

She was quiet for a moment.

"But...I do wanna try..." Her grip on the chair grew determined. She looked back up towards Elibazeth. Though her eyes weren't dry, she had a look of determination there. "T-Thank you, Lib! I...I needed to hear all that. You're right. I'm...I'm Jackie effin' Crow! And I don't need to put up with bullcrap I don't like just for a pretty face!" She blushed. "At least, I...think that sounds kinda cool." She smiled. "S-Seriously, though...thank you, Elibazeth. I'm not feelin' super great, still, but...but I'm really glad to hear all that."

"Well ain't this a sight," said a new voice.

"Buh?!" Jackie turned to look up to see who it was. The first thing she saw was the bright yellow bat wings. "What the hell, Tammy, ya scared the crap outta me!"

"And your face scares small children," Tammy snarked back. "Didn't expect to see you off waltzin' in that getup."

Jackie's face exploded red. "Y-Y-Y-You saw-?!"

"Man, it really was obvious, wasn't it..." Tammy mumbled to herself. "Whatever, I don't give a crap what you do in your free time. But your free time's up. C'mon, we've got a show to work."

Jackie threw her eyebrows up in shock. "Y-You serious? Ain't it a bit early? I thought that-"

"Eff scheduling!" Tammy snapped. "The Rocket Surgeons don't give a damn about that! Element of surprise! Now let's go, go, go! I'll bring the rest of yer crap, so just get up there for prep." She smacked Jackie on the back to prompt her forward.

"Ow! Jeeze, fine. God..." Jackie turned back towards her friend once more, and sheepishly waved goodbye. "S-Seeya, Elibazeth!" She started to run back up towards the stage.

"Don't bite yer tongue before the song!" Tammy shouted back, before turning towards Elibazeth. "Yo. You a friend of the little bird-brat?" Tammy leaned closer to Elibazeth and smirked. "Then do her a favor, huh? If you see some blond chick lookin' all shifty...go check her out for me, would'ya?"

She straightened back up without explaining herself, walking away without so much as a goodbye. She could be seen picking up Jackie's abandoned shoes, wig, and nose, though...and dropping them in the closest trash can she could find.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : OOC :
Okay, this is the last thing from me on AAO for two years; I just couldn't leave without having done something!

Sorry that Shirley didn't end up returning; just didn't have time to post. But I didn't want the app to be in vain, so... have a letter.

I dunno how this would be distributed in character... maybe the administration gets it, and they pass it on to students? I'm not really expecting an IC reaction (after all, I wouldn't see it, haha!), but I couldn't take Shirley being so up in the air as a loose end any longer! I guess I'll leave it to y'all as to whether or not this is canon and how this gets passed around.
Spoiler : The letter itself :
Dear fellow students friends,

Though I was with you all at Shelvington only a short time, I still find that I'll miss being with you, even if only briefly. I'm afraid family business calls me away from school, so I cannot continue classes for the time being, It may be a small matter, or it may be a grand one. The future prospects elude by humble deductive skills.

But what I do know is that the time I spent at Shelvington is time I will hold dear. Even if it was only a day, still, what a grand day it was! Field activities, an elephant, out of control driving! Paolo became hall monitor, Jackie performed a solo! There were so many people to meet it made my head spin!

But for now, I hang up the hat, coat, and pipe. My spare time spent on the beehives my grandfather left us. Once this is all sorted out, I'll be back.

Until then, take care! Let's not have any crimes, you hear? After all, you won't have Holmes's descendant to solve them!

Ah... I see now that was horrendously clunky of me. Still, I shall not try to mask my failings. Let it be seen, and let us laugh together, separated though we are!

Heh heh... I get a bit dramatic when I feel sentimental. It will be good to be back.
Sincerely,

Shirley Homes

Great Detective

Student
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Gymnasium - Karen

While this song wasn't normally something she'd listen to, Karen made a mental note to add it to her playlist the first chance she got. Maybe it was the song itself or maybe it was singing it alongside Isabelle that made it so much fun. She didn't know nor did she care as simply having fun was all she wanted to focus on at the moment.

Oh, and actually singing the song.

"The only way today could get better,
Girl what I'm thinkin',
Is I can pick you up, you slide in this truck,
And I can hear you singing.

Ooh, ooh, ooh...
Let me hear you sing it.
Ooh, ooh, ooh..."
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Mixed feelings-Paolo:

"Look Gwen..." As he pronounced those words, he came to the realization that Jackie, Isis...Gwen, the three of them could pass as the sister of Elise.
It was like if the influence of her never disappeared, even after her death, even after the countless hours at the hospital, the multiple sessions of therapy, Elise, that name would haunt Paolo for the rest of his life, as a scar on his heart.

" I think you are pretty, you have showed having talent, but, I am a horrible person, and what I just did wasn't even consensual. So no, Gwen, whatever you want to tell me, I'm not worhty of hearing it, I'm literal trash, I try and I try to change, but no, you can't change what you are, I was born in the trash and I'll die as that."

Weirdly enough Paolo didn't tear up, his defenses were down and despite that he didn't shed a tear.

Gymnasium-Gleen:

A smirk decorated the pale,ghostly face of Gleen, they started passing their fingers through Barbara's head, they had something in mind, and that never leads to comfortable and cozy experiences.

"Xander...Xander what? You know, If I were to discover your body, I couldn't be able to tell them your last name, and I would love to ease their jobs identifying the body."

As a wild animal, they started getting close to Xander, smelling them, like if they were their next meal.

"Do not try to lie to me, I am really good at remembering people by their scent, Mr...Xander."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Gwendalyn Summers has a heart as black as her eyes:

Upon hearing Paolo's self-deprecatory spiel, Gwendalyn could do nothing but give him the same coquettish, flirty giggle she'd been giving him for the past few minutes. It was almost like she was completely oblivious to Paolo's inner turmoil. Almost. Though one thing was clear. She still had it.

"Aww, you shouldn't talk like that about yourself..." She still spoke in her flirtatious tone, not put off at all by the fact that he had just forced a kiss from her. Still keeping contact with his wrists to the best of her ability, she sauntered around so that she was behind him, and suddenly gripped his wrists quite tightly.

"Because I was about to say the exact same thing."

Her voice had gotten much more serious and cold. Gwen pinned Paolo's left arm to his side, twisted his right arm behind his back at a precise angle to ensure discomfort, but not quite pain, and shoved him against the wall. In the blink of an eye, it was like the spunky, bubbly, flirty pop star UV Brite had turned into a completely different person. As indicated by the perfect angle of his arm, this sort of action had been used, reused, and rehearsed a great many times by Gwen. Unfortunately for Paolo, it turned out his theory was right on the money.

"You worthless sack of s***. Too dumb to remember? There were two things I needed to talk about. I have you in a position where any move you make against me will hurt yourself more. I'm going to ask you a few questions. If I like your answers, I might let you go, capiche?" She didn't even give him time to answer before moving on. She believed she had the upper hand, given that she had so suddenly dropped the cheery pretenses and shifted into her not-so-nice true self.

"So first thing's first. You picked up my real name somewhere and you've been spreading it like wildfire. You got any idea how much I pay to keep that a secret, you b******? So when and how did you learn it? And remember: no games." For added effect, she lifted a small amount on his twisted arm, but still not enough to induce pain.

Back at the party - Flo:

Flo stood in silence for a small while, before suddenly jumping back to action, splashing punch all over her hand and getting a little bit on the floor. "Oh! That's right! I was looking to play air hockey with someone!" She looked frantically around a couple of seconds, before realizing there were two perfectly good opponents right in front of her. "Hey, Matthew! Wanna give it a go?" Flo's usual carefree grin had become confident and fierce. But not a menacing kind of fierce. If that made sense.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Xander blinks.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Gymnasium

Matthew stood with a blank look on his face, waiting for the awkward silence to end. It felt like 28 days and 20 hours specifically, but it was probably just a few minutes.

"Oh, sure! Lead the way!" Not knowing if Terrence would go with them or not, Matthew just kind of waved to him but in some vague way that could probably be seen as a beckoning motion. It definitely didn't convey either of these, and just made him look like he was trying to swat a fly.
tb2fan

Post by tb2fan »

Gymnasium

Harmon blinked as he turned around. Was somebody looking at him? Well definitely not now, but he had that feeling. You know the one. It was like somebody had just played that really stupid joke where they tapped you one the shoulder only to duck around besides you. That one. Absentmindedly taking a sip of his punch, Harmon began wandering around the Gymnasium floor. So many different costumes. He weaved pretty seamlessly through the bunches of students. As he finished his glass of punch, he began to take in the music. It wasn't really his style, as he preferred his show-tunes. Without too much thought, he began whistling one of them against the music playing behind him, pretty oblivious to his surroundings.

As he wormed his way around the gymnasium, he brushed by somebody. He barely had time to look. All he made out was blonde hair and purple cloth. Then the crowd moved in between them. Harmon got that pin prickling feeling again. But no matter how he looked now, whoever it was was gone.

"Weird..."

Turning heel again he began walking into the crowd again.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Dorm Hall - Lewis

After standing there smiling for far longer than a reasonable person would have after the repeated verbal lashings, Lewis bowed respectfully once again.

"If it does not cause any inconvenience, dearie, I believe I shall continue in my search for my temporary domicile! Once again, I apologize for any distress, and remain delighted to make your acquaintance! I wish you a splendid day, and remain at your service should you require information on the realm of Lystrantica, its magnificent history, or its wondrous inhabitants! I hope we shall become splendid acquaintances in time, irregardless of your not having provided an introduction in this brief time, and my having provided many, and I shall bid you farewell!"

Lewis picked up his briefcases, nodding again, before strolling off down the hall. After a significant amount of aimless wandering, he found it. Dormitory Number 354. He set down the briefcases again, giving the door three knocks in succession. He made certain they were not too loud as to cause inconvenience or damage the door, or too soft as to not be heard. He stood in front of it smiling.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

Isabelle kind of just stood there lost in thought. Whatever went through her head left just as quickly. She might have been daydreaming but she actually remembered to sing this time.

“I got the windows down
Way outta town, singin'

Oo-oo-ooh
Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on,
Oo-oo-ooh
Out here, cruisin' to a backroad song.
I feel the wheels like a melody,
Like a radio dialin' in strong,
Come on, come on, sing along, sing along,
To my backroad song.”

------------

Thomas meets his roommate:

Lenore stopped screeching. Silence. Three knocks. When did I close the door? Thomas started to return to this particular reality. Everything seemed grainy such as static on the TV. Lenore flew off of Thomas’s shoulder. The sudden absence of weight brought everything back into focus with the exception of color which was particularly exaggerated. Now he realized it. Lenore was flying between him and the door. He slowly half stumbled half walked to open the door and greet whomever was outside. He opened it at the same moment that his pet returned to her usual perch. “Good day to you sir. Sorry for not opening the door” One glance at the man later… Who is he? Not Edgar Allen Poe, although the clothing is similar. He just sat there wondering where this man was from for he knew of no one who dressed like that. “right away” He was so interested in studying this man that he seemed to drift to another world. “My name is Thomas. And this is Lenore,” indicating the raven on his shoulder. “I presume that you are my roommate.” He left the doorway to let the newcomer enter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Backstage

"There ya are, ya little ratbrat! 'Bout time you show your ugly-ass mug 'round here! Hell's bells, Crow, I heard it was bad, but yer a #$%^in' trainwreck!"

Johnny was clinging onto his guitar backstage, glaring over his sunglasses at Jackie and Tammy as the girls approached. Sid stood near them, sipping from a cup of punch.

"Thought I'd have to go out there and play this gig solo," Johnny said. "Which I'd be totally cool with!"

"Shove it up your ass," Jackie shot back. "I've had a longer day than you could imagine, so don't be a jackass, ya livin' migraine."

Johnny grumbled. "Yeah, I can tell! The hell's yer face even doin', ya crapwrangler?! Ya look like yer boyfriend just dumped ya and ya cried into a tub of sherbet."

"I said UP YER ASS!" Jackie shouted back. The mess of her makeup gave her death-glare an edge to it that made the guitarist shudder.

"Yeesh, fine, whatever...just put that thing away, Christ." He turned away, fixing up his red leather jacket's collar. "Well ya always looked like a little pukestain anyway, so it don't matter to me. We crashin' this stage now, or what?"

"Hold onto your spikes for five goddamn minutes, Johnny," Tammy interjected. "You might be fine lookin' like a clown, but not all of us are as comfortable with our idiocy as you are. Girl's gotta get a makeover."

Jackie folded her arms reluctantly. "H-Huh? But I told Gwen that..." She pouted for a moment, then sighed. "Yeah, you're right. I don't wanna go up there lookin' like...this." She glanced up at Tammy. "But we don't got the time to wash all this crap off, fix my hair, head to my dorm for new clothes...It's a hell of a hassle if you wanna beat the schedule."

Tammy smirked, surprisingly. "You got a bra on under that get-up?"

Jackie's face turned red. "W-What?! What the hell are you blabbin' about n-now?!"

"Er...I mean, do ya got anything on under it. Yer not commando under there, right?"

"Guh...I've got an undersized tank top and some boxers under the jumpsuit, but I'm not gonna strip down in front of people I like...know."

Tammy shrugged. "Tank top works. Boxers is a bit much, but we're covered there. We got a pair of suspenders from...somewhere, Iunno. Sid?" Sid shrugged. "Yeah, Iunno where we got them, but we got them. Unbutton that atrocity and just keep 'em up with the suspenders, should be fine. We'll be good from there."

Jackie gave Tammy a questionable look. "You...expect me to go out there, just wearin' half a jumpsuit, with my face all effed up like this? I look like...Guh, dammit, what's goin' on in yer head, asshole?!"

She didn't expect Tammy to slam her hands down on her shoulders.

"I've been rockin' this aesthetic lot longer than you have, baby bird," Tammy said with a grin. "Trust me on this one. I got this thing all planned out. I know punk a hell of a lot more than you do, and I know how to polish that turd of an outfit into #$%^in' gold. Ya trust me, right?"

Jackie was quiet for a moment. "You...never give this much of a damn. What's up...?"

Tammy shrugged. "Do I look like I give a s%^& today? Meh, maybe I just feel a bit...motivated today." She let go of Jackie's shoulders and snapped her fingers. "But you don't got the time for anything else, so take yer top off and put on those goddamn suspenders!"

She was unresponsive at first, but Jackie eventually nodded. "Alright..." She turned around to unbutton the jumpsuit, but stopped for a moment. "Uh...I should probably go let UV know before I go on..."

"Don't worry, don't worry," Tammy said with a dismissive wave. "I remembered yer whole deal, so I told Sid to check on the blonde chick beforehand. Ain't that right, Sid?"

Sid nodded. "Yeah. I looked out for her at the punch bowl. I can say for certain that she's exactly where we want her to be."

Jackie smiled. "Oh, uh...thanks, guys. That's...actually pretty cool of you." She turned back around to get the buttons. "Yo, so what the hell song we playin', anyway? Doubt many of our songs would fly here. We doin' a cover...?"

"Yeah, I already got one picked out," Tammy nodded. She started rummaging through a box of their random supplies. "Better praise me for this one, kid, cuz it's one of yer favorites. Where the hell is that...ah!" She stood back up and held up what she picked out of the box: a megaphone. "Clown's gotta make the crowd feel good, right? Let's make 'em laugh."

----

Approaching Shelvington Academy

"We're nearly there, young master."

As the sky grew darker, a white limousine traveled down the road leading towards the front gates of Shelvington Academy. It was not quite the excessive length of the school's own limousine, but it was well-kept and glistened in the little light that hit it. There were not many people inside, however. There was a tightly dressed driver in the front...and a young man in the back.

"Good," the boy said. "The voyage here was exhausting...I'm growing impatient with this entire detour. Taking time out of my studies at St. Carter's for this back lot is tiring enough. It better be worth it."

The driver nervously gripped tighter onto his steering wheel. "W-Well, young master, is Shelvington not the most heavily funded school this side of the planet? I don't suppose that it's-"

"Don't be so naïve," the young man snapped back. "It has its excess in budget, but it's no prestigious academy. The richest people in the world send their children here to goof off all day and barely learn a thing. They don't have any remarkable sort of education here. It's just a well-funded playground. No CEO or senator will emerge from a school like this." He leaned against his hand as he stared out the window. "That's the difference between me and them, after all."

"Er...with all due respect," the driver replied, "those are all rumors, right?"

"That's what I'm here to confirm or deny," the young man claimed.

"Well, the rumors could be fake, right? Like, uh...a slander campaign, or something?"

"It's none of your concern whether they are true or false," the young man once again snapped at. "Don't poke your head around where it doesn't belong. Father and Mother tasked this to me. I will personally see whether or not this school is truly worthy of the family name or not. If the paparazzi was wrong, then there will be no issue. If what they showed off was indicative of a larger issue...well. This school may not be worth the investment in. And I am sure Father's lawyers will have plenty to look into..."

"U-Um..." The driver sighed. "Yes, young master, I understand your point."

The limousine came to a stop outside the front gates.

"I'll park the limousine for now. If you intend to stay, you can come get your things. Otherwise, I'll drive you back. But, uh, young master..." The driver fixed his cap to avoid eye contact as his young boss exited the vehicle. "Try not to go in there too pessimistic. I-I know you're usually right about things, but you never know-"

"I hear music."

"Huh?"

"Music," the young man repeated. "And certainly no Bach or Chopin. Tech music. Something you might expect at those trashy clubs the commoners visit."

"O-Oh. Well...that's..."

"It's giving me a migraine," the young man said.

"Uh...yes, well. Best of luck, young Master Robert. I...hope your investigation goes well."

The limousine drove off, leaving the young master Robert behind. He glared at the school, tilting his head back and forth as he examined it.

"Shelvington Academy...hmph. You had better not disgraced our name with your buffoonery." He clenched his teeth. "Or so help me, I will personally see to your destruction."