Trial Ideas

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: Trial Ideas

Post by TheDoctor »

True, but the drawing's diameter is slightly less than the width of the door, so considering the fissures are pretty thin, is there a way to show Sharpie in the fissures without having the picture ridiculously zoomed in? If zooming in is the only way, is there a reason this would be brought up by the prosecution if it's something that helps the defense?
Image Image Image
DWard14

Post by DWard14 »

TheDoctor wrote:True, but the drawing's diameter is slightly less than the width of the door, so considering the fissures are pretty thin, is there a way to show Sharpie in the fissures without having the picture ridiculously zoomed in? If zooming in is the only way, is there a reason this would be brought up by the prosecution if it's something that helps the defense?
A: If the case has an investigation you could just have this information be revealed there. Have the defense examine the door closely and realize the Sharpie in the fissures. If the fissures are too small to be examined with the naked eye, if the detective of the case is nearby you can have them allow the defense to use a special device to examine the fissures 4-4 style. This depends on how co-operative the detective is and the technology available at the time period.
B:Maybe the defense could bring it up in court? "The defense asserts that without closer inspection of the fissures we cannot know at what time this drawing was drawn!"
C: Maybe the prosecution wanted to see if there was something else in the cracks and accidentally discovers the Sharpie?
D: Maybe a fiber from a characters clothing is in the fissures and the prosecution presents a photo proving that the character was at one point pressed against the door or something, and in the photo it shows Sharpie behind the fiber.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

The chase against the organisation that hired the Phantom, led by attorneys Athena Cykes and Simon Blackquill, has led them to the Kingdom of Khura'in.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Ok, I need help.
Spoiler : Maybe spoilers :
Alright, the culprit of the crime is posing as a witness to the crime. In their testimony, they says that the police took 10 minutes to arrive, while police records show that they took only 2 (the Police Station is really close).
I can't seem to find a reason for them to mess the time like that though.

Since they "witnessed" the crime from a park (the only place besides the crime scene itself with visibility to the scene, by the way), that mean no messing with clocks or whatnot, and shock doesn't fit in this case. If you have any idea(s), I'd appreciate it.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
.Saboteur

Post by .Saboteur »

Spoiler : @Nicky Boy :
The main thing I can think of is that the culprit is trying to cover up something that happened in the "missing eight minutes" between the time they say the police were called and the time they were actually called. If that kind of thing isn't feasible in the structure of the crime, you could do things like have them see or hear the time wrong in a place or situation they shouldn't have (I'm thinking what happened to Frank Sahwit in 1-1), or have them not be aware of the close proximity of the police station, i.e. maybe they were just randomly guessing at a time of arrival in their testimony when they should have known the real one. Again, though, I recognize that these are kinda dependent on how the crime overall works. :side:

Hopefully this helped somehow!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@NickyBoy
Well, simple enough.
Spoiler : Response :
Both statements are true, despite the contradiction.

I don't know what the case is about, but let's assume that the witness was the one who called the police, and that the cause of death was a gunshot (it could've been anything). I will also assume the death was instantaneous.

One change, though, to have the contradiction make a bit more reasonable as to why he'd make the mistake -- instead of claiming he waited for 10 minutes, just have him say he checked his watch when the police arrived. The player would then check the autopsy report and establish that the difference in time was 10 minutes since he'd died.

This essentially proves that he'd unintentionally admitted to there being 8 minutes of him doing something before calling the police.
also rip i essentially gave the same advice as saboteur

but oh well
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

One problem:
Spoiler : :
it's not murder.
EDIT: I just saw saboteur's reply.
They were the only people there (at least, that's what they believe but the other person doesn''t appear in the case) so mishearing the time is not possible. So, the police could have arrived in 15 minutes at most, and noone could know exactly.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

I guess an easy fix would be to have him testify (when pressed) that he'd checked the time on his watch when he saw what happened as well.

You could justify it that way -- since he would just be giving (truthful) information.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I thought of that myself. However, as I tend to make things more complex, I want it to be more... serious a reason, to make him testify again,
to make another (or should I say the first) contradiction appear. Long story short, he would say that no matter how much time passed, he called the police and they arrived just when he saw the defendant flee (something impossible).
I suppose I can have that in the press conversation with an "Are you satisfied with the explanation?" question, but... it'll make the already short trial phase shorter (it'd make it 3 CEs instead of 4 (gimme a break, its a starter case... enhanced with an investigation)), so I'd rather refrain from doing that.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I should also ask...
Is there any special reason that you want the 2/10 minutes contradiction?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
clcman

Post by clcman »

@Nicky:
The police arrived 10 minutes after the crime was committed, but they were not called until 8 minutes afterwards. The witness assumed that the victim would call the police immediately after the crime happened, but for some reason, the VICTIM had something they felt they needed to do for 8 minutes. Perhaps this was established in an earlier testimony, perhaps it is only discovered after the contradiction.

Alternatively, the witness called the police, but it took them 8 minutes to run over to the park that they "saw" it from and, having looked at their watch when the crime was committed and when the police arrived (but not when they actually called the police), thought that it was 10 minutes when it was in fact 2. Checking the 911 records confirms this, and the witness must testify again because there is now an 8 minute gap that doesn't make any sense - why did the witness not call the police for 8 minutes?
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

@clc
That second explanation helps a lot actually!
And I've got an idea on how to tie that with a later case.
Thanks a ton!
@Enth
Well, it's an easy contradiction to start the case with. I would have dropped and try to find another, but clc helped.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Glad to hear you came up with something that worked. Remember that you can do as I suggested in future.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I had a dream.
Athena is defending a young woman. The prosecutor is supposed to be Nahyuta Sahdmadhi, but after them not being ready,
Edgeworth jumps into the trial at the last minute. He slightly manipulates her into playing along with him, and Athena
seems to break the fourth wall about how this was not how everything was supposed to "go."

Numerous flashbacks to the focal two women of the case. The defendant and the villain/victim, were close friends/siblings in their
childhood, but now they hold a bitter rivavly, but still want the best for each other. One flashback involves them sitting on
defendant's bed, playing with a bunch of Christmas toys, and the words "have you ever lived in a house of toys" plays.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Psykoko

Post by Psykoko »

I think it might be cool to have a game where a character gets sent to a parallel world where many other characters take jarringly different roles in contrast to their original counterparts. The protagonist character, who was sent to that world must then take on cases(which is unpredictable as many who were good in the original may turn out to be criminals in this one) and find a way to return home. Though I wonder who should be the protagonist, I'm thinking someone who wasn't usually a a defense attorney like Edgeworth or Franziska and also have interesting reactions to difference in the other characters.