Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Park

"Do we really need to be so frightful of someone who does not know the proper tools effective against a bird of prey?" the girl in pelts asked with a tilt of the head. "The mean person did not seem all that smart to me. She does not have the hunting skills needed to properly track anything down." The girl closed her eyes in thought. "I could likely train a hawk and a small number of ferrets to easily accomplish her mission without the need for large blades on sticks. What an inefficient lady..."

It was only at this time that the girl seemed to notice that some of the other humans around her were reacting to the words of the owl as well.

"Oh...you could understand him, too?" She seemed to glare at every other person in that park. "Strange. Most humans I encounter seem deaf to the words of animals, regardless of magical prowess. Though none of you seem to be much worth in the forest..." She tilted her head again. "I cannot imagine many of you surviving there too long, so I doubt you have learned such levels of communication."

She turned back towards Pine. "I see...so you most certainly are not a typical bird of prey. And you act as though Earth is not your home..." Something clicked, and the girl leaned in closely towards the owl.

"...Are you a space-bird?" Her eyes seemed to glisten from the shadows of her hat. "I have never hunted a space-bird before...I-I wonder..."

She stared at Pine expectantly, drooling a little.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

NihilismFormula
Spoken languages: English

Post by NihilismFormula »

Pine took a few involuntary steps back from Pruara. "I... I suppose I'm a 'space bird'... of sorts? I'm more something that just looks like a bird of your planet... it's a little complicated." The sprite laughs weakly. "I would rather prefer to not be hunted, though!"

He then addresses the beginning of Pruara's statement, his head tilting toward Aya, hoping this answers her question too. "Well... I really wouldn't underestimate her! She's easily the best fighter they have and she... came out of nowhere essentially. I have... ideas about her origin but it's all speculation at this point."

Pine then takes a deep breath before addressing the most important question of all. "I... can't say what will happen, exactly. Mostly because I'm not sure exactly what they intend to accomplish; it could very well be something that leads to the destruction of your planet, or giving them power to rule over it for... eternity, probably?" Pine feels inclined to shrug but decided that that would give the matter a bit too much levity. "However, even if their goals are entirely benign, which I doubt, messing with magical artifacts is incredibly dangerous, especially powerful ones. If things go wrong, Earth could easily be destroyed as a result, not to mention all the rest of the planets in the solar system, at a minimum. That's why I need your help!"
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Do I even need to say it? We're all in the same place right now:

After getting over his initial shock, Kuro showed that he's actually capable of listening, though he kept his bored expression the whole time.

"Sounds like we don't have much of a choice, then," he finally piped up. "Either we fight your battle for you or our planet is doomed, is that right?" Despite the way he worded that, he didn't actually look unhappy about the situation.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Park Place

Still lackadaisically twirling her revolvers, Louise had stayed silent as the new people arrived. None of them seemed anywhere near as hostile as scythe girl, if they even were hostile, which it didn't seem like. She wasn't going to go through the introduction business over again, mostly because they had probably already heard it, and because it would take some effort to manage another perfectly executed spin, which could easily go unseen or be partnered with another less impressive one.

The owl creature thing was asking for help, which was what owl creature things did, as far as she knew. The planet was in danger because of some parts of a broken doo-dad that ended up on Earth, and they had to fight scythe girl and her friends because they wanted the doo-dad parts, and could want to use it for something evil, if she got the gist of it. Even the owl creature thing didn't seem too sure. Maybe it'd be a good chance to get some more information about the problem?

"So?" Louise asked.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Park:

Aya stood around a good while, listening to - and giving her slightly creepy glare to - everything that was said... Pruara being first. Without warning, she slowly drew her wooden sword out from her hair, raised it high, and brought it down on her with a surprising lack of force. Like she had released all tension in her arm and just let gravity do all the work. It may have been the imagination of people around, but her usually stern glare... somehow seemed even more so right now.

"That's naughty." And that's all she had to say on the matter of... whatever was going through the tiny hunter girl's head. Pine was next. Had Aya been a less optimistic person, she would've easily used his logic against him. They had only just met, after all. He didn't know if or what this group was planning on doing with this artifact if they ever secured it, either. If it was as powerful as he said it was, surely there would be a small amount of petty infighting over such power as well. These sorts of thoughts lingered in Aya's mind, although were quickly expunged. This "owl" clearly trusted them all, and she needed to pull through for him. They all did. Trust was sacred. Without trust, everyone would be just like the hunter girl...

Aya made a mental note to keep a sharp eye on her. She turned once more to Pine.

"Do you know how many shards and people working with the girl there are...?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Second French Empire of Napoleon the 2nd............

Nah just kidding. It's the Park

Yumi's shakes her head, face covered by her hands glued to it to hide her embarrassed face from the group.

"Oh my G." Yumi mutters frantically from behind her hand mask, over and over.

The weight of everything sinking on her head like hat made out of dumbbells and duck tape......

......And unflattering post-it notes. The voices of the people around her adding to her concern, in that they didn't disappear and some of them made sense. Leading Yumi to her only option. The only way to know for sure.

Yumi lowers her hands from her face and looks around at the group, eyes misty with tears.

The people around her were real. Some of them in unusual clothing sure, but real as real can be.

"Oh my g..." Yumi mutters nervously.

Yep. This was happening.

"I'm not waking up from this dream, am I?" Yumi says raising her hand mask over her face again, like her reliable shield.

"S-so... um." Yumi mutters weakly, "If this is really happening, maybe we should move this conversation somewhere more private... like um," Yumi asks, fears over taking her head.

"W-would you guys like to come over to my h-house?" She asks, partly fearful that any of these mentioned enemies are nearby.

And also because she just really wanted to go home.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Spoiler : OoC :
kwando = shsl on time poster lmao
The Park

For one thing, Fumiko was quite surprised to hear what this green owl-like creature had said. Shards? Evil villains? Immense power? Earth being destroyed? It sounded like something out of an anime, or something.

Yet... At the same time... she couldn't help but be intrigued. Who was that Sae girl? What was her deal?

So, Fumiko approached the bird... "So... Why do you think we can help?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilismFormula

Parkity Park

"To be honest, I don't really have much choice." Pine frowned and looked down, apparently... guilty? "I don't think your authorities will believe me, and there doesn't appear to be a Magical Guild on this planet I can register a request for aid to, though it would likely take too long anyway." Pine then paused, perhaps for dramatic effect, perhaps trying to find his words. "I'm the only one left at this point, possibly. The only one of my kind. My planet is being destroyed as we speak, and I simply have no time, and neither do you if they've managed to work their way here."

Pine's voice now has a pleading quality to it. "I can't promise you much, but I need your help! You don't know what these people are capable of, they have little regard for just obliterating anything in their wake! They'll destroy this planet just like they're destroying mine! I may have just run into you people... but you're still my only hope. If there is even a chance that you can help me, I'm willing to take it. Just... please?"

Pine's eyes almost appear to grow, as though he were a begging dog.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Spoiler : OOC :
If people are still game for this then I'm in.
Park

Yumi's heart couldn't take anymore.

First the attack and now the pleading, she just couldn't take it.

"Ohh!" Yumi whimpers, "W-we have to help him!"

"Just...just tell us what we gotta do, okay!"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Park

Adela couldn't help but pause as she walked past the group. She was too much in her own world of scales and practice schedules to pay attention to the conversation of those around her. Nor was there anything eye-catching about a short girl with a tiger pelt cape - she had passed through the park on enough Saturdays to see people play in magical costume before - and even if it had been more attention-grabbing, she had been taught it was rude to stare. But intended or not, Yumi's crisis of confidence sure looked theatrical.

She stopped, wanting to offer something, but also knowing that with a group this large, barging in may not be the best thing. The conversation moved on before she could make up her mind on what to say next. Adela was about to continue walking (said girl in the tiger pelt cape met Adela's gaze, and all of a sudden, Adela felt uncomfortably cold) when the green owl-like creature started talking.

My planet is being destroyed as we speak

She blinked and paused again. Her mouth opened again, and her eyes narrowed in confusion. "What?"

It was then that she noticed the frightened girl seemed to be taking the bird at face value.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

kraP:

Aya stood stock still while Pine pleaded for the help of the group of teenagers around the park. Even the motions of her breathing seemed to be as small as Aya could allow. She was silent for a minute or four, a living statue, mulling over what was said. Eventually, she opened her mouth to speak. Her words were slow, methodical, and little more than a monotone.

"I agree. Trust is sacred. If this bird trusts us as it claims, letting it down is not an option."

She then took the time to stare at length at scan over her new potential allies. A girl with silver hair, who had just made that emotional outburst. A boy on the bench carrying a giant battery. A boy in dark colors who seemed to be anticipating great danger in excitement. A bored-looking girl on the bench with hair almost as ridiculous as hers, holding two revolvers... The hunter girl... And a short, gold-haired girl in a large, white jacket.

Funny. Aya didn't think that last girl was here a moment ago.

"Oh. Hello. We are going to save the universe. Would you care to join us?" From Aya's expression and the unchanging tone of voice, it seemed like she was likening this whole universe-saving thing to a quick trip to the grocery store.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Park:

I have never heard somebody talk like this before, observed Adela as the particularly long-haired teenager spoke. Still not quite sure how to react, she unconsciously stopped trying and took in the appearance of the speaker. It was difficult to miss the long hair or the all white, but all of a sudden, Adela realized there was a wooden sworn in it. This was weird. Whatever this was, this was weird. Weird. The moment that word came into her head, it stuck there. She had seen that word used differently in a book once, and the dictionary said it used to mean not just strangeness, but an almost supernatural uncanniness. Musing about it now, that was what she felt this entire situation was.

The girl's invitation solidified Adela's impression. No, I'm not sure what this is. Maybe this is some game they're playing? Whatever it is, I don't want to get involved. She made an internal effort not to betray her thoughts on her face, but coolly said, "Thanks for the invitation, but I'll pass," and turned to walk away...
kwando, could you edit the art hershel made into the post with Adela's app?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... rowska.png
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
NihilismFormula

Park

Pine's voice grew desperate, with a hint of anger His voice was rising in pitch. Taking a breath, he appeared to calm down a little. "Listen, I'm not sure what sort of evidence would convince you, but the others can tell you about the girl that was here earlier. I admit a lot of this you have to take on my word, because there's nothing else. But it is the truth." He spoke the final sentence with the utmost conviction.
Last edited by NihilismFormula on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Park:

Kuro couldn't help but roll his eyes at the green alien's outburst. He seemed pretty disinterested by everything that was going on. "Yeah birdy, you've made it pretty clear that you're serious about this. So when do we start?"
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Park:

Adela stopped mid-step. The way the bird was speaking definitely did not sound like he(?) was trying to get her to join in some game. Neither did the reaction of the boy with the dark clothes.

At that instant, it dawned on her that when a green owl starts talking, it is not very likely that what you have is an owl at all. In which case, what you would have really must be an alien. And if that was the case, then those lines about "planet being destroyed as we speak"...

...Oh.

Adela turned around, face beginning to flush. "What about this girl who was here earlier?"
Hearing about Sai should be the last bit of convincing she needs. Thanks for playing along with this!