Access the User Control Panel from Homepage

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Titanica
Spoken languages: English

Access the User Control Panel from Homepage

Post by Titanica »

Hi, I just joined the site and I've been enjoying it a lot. One thing that really bothers me is how you can't access your User Control Panel or posts or messages from the homepage. The only thing really relating to your account is the logout button. This is a very tiny suggestion and isn't really important at all, but it would make me a bit happier.

Sorry if this is an extremely stupid suggestion or if I'm missing something. :gumshoe:
As mature as a Seventh Grader.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Access the User Control Panel from Homepage

Post by Enthalpy »

It's not stupid.

Personally, I like it as it is now. Forum specific things are kept on the forum board, and more AAO casemaker things are kept on the main page. In my opinion, adding User Control Panel buttons, PM buttons, and forum post buttons would clutter the main page. If you have an idea for what this could look like, I'd reconsider.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Titanica
Spoken languages: English

Post by Titanica »

Here, I made a sort of pic for what it could look like.

:arrow: https://i.imgur.com/yKDqrZp.png
As mature as a Seventh Grader.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Ah, I see.

I suspect this would be technically difficult, but I'd be open to this happening.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson