How to Duplicate/Clone a Case?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DylanTheProGamer
Spoken languages: English

How to Duplicate/Clone a Case?

Post by DylanTheProGamer »

I know that there're other people who said this, but all the others are outdated and links are obsolete.

I really want to know how to duplicate a case (like creating the same trial as the other). Because I have an intro demo of my case "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", and I like to keep it before I publish the full version.
Sup there people!
Currently creating a case called, "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", originally made by whoisthisgit's: "Tails Abuse In Court"!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: How to Duplicate/Clone a Case?

Post by Enthalpy »

Modifying an old post of mine for link updating:
Enthalpy wrote:Use the tool on this topic to get your trial data, and then use the save page here. I'll take this as a reminder to consider cleaning up some of these mega-topics. They tend to get derailed by people asking subtly different questions without making the actual question clear...

EDIT: Remember, the trial ID you put in the save page is the trial ID to copy to.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DylanTheProGamer

I crapped up, I lost all data in my case and I have to start this all over again.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sup there people!
Currently creating a case called, "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", originally made by whoisthisgit's: "Tails Abuse In Court"!
DylanTheProGamer

Enthalpy wrote:Modifying an old post of mine for link updating:
Enthalpy wrote:Use the tool on this topic to get your trial data, and then use the save page here. I'll take this as a reminder to consider cleaning up some of these mega-topics. They tend to get derailed by people asking subtly different questions without making the actual question clear...

EDIT: Remember, the trial ID you put in the save page is the trial ID to copy to.
I'm just wondering about something. I pasted the contents and sent it to trial id. When I did that, it gave me something like this:

I checked my trial, and it seemed fine to me.
Sup there people!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Then no need to worry about it further. If I remember that part of the code correctly, that's just the website's way of saying that for your particular case, there's a way to make the trial file more compact, though it doesn't work in general.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DylanTheProGamer

Enthalpy wrote:Then no need to worry about it further. If I remember that part of the code correctly, that's just the website's way of saying that for your particular case, there's a way to make the trial file more compact, though it doesn't work in general.
Ok, thanks! To add more information about the duplication, you need to create a new trial and name it whatever you want. Then using the trial content from the old trial id, use the Rescue Trial Saver to paste the trial content and direct it to the new trial id, so that the content from the old trial is copied over to the new trial you created. That's how you duplicate a trial.
Sup there people!