Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Closed]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

akkanen
Spoken languages: English

Re: Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Closed]

Post by akkanen »

Ah, it's been a while! Lots of things happening in my life currently but really, just me mostly being lazy and playing games *coughs*REgames*coughs*, and I've also been planning & writing for my first trial game, that I haven't find the time to make some sprites nor any other assets. Well, anyway, that changes today as I've quickly made a couple of location edits from the AA games!

These are just a bunch of cleaned up versions of their respective locations so that it can be used for generic use.
Everyone can use this freely, but please credit me for the edits atleast haha~ :larry:

Image Image Image Image

Ah, and I've also participated on the ongoing competition here, with some Ema Chambers, ofcourse.
Actually, these doesn't look that close to the Vendetta version of Rebecca, since I was basing it mostly on screenshots. and after watching the movie again made me realize that it's very different oof Nevertheless, still looks good for a quick work lol. :calisto:

Image Image Image

... aside from that, I don't have anything else to update here haha.. OTL

Well, I guess it's a good time to finally organize my thread, and probably add some old AA art in the mix. :yogi:
When life gives you lemons, you got to update the lemon's autopsy report.

*insert clever text here which I can't think of*
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

This stuff is so cute!
(And then there's Apollo)
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Southern Corn
Spoken languages: English, Bad Jokes

Post by Southern Corn »

Nice work! Definitely very smooth looking here.

Especially Apollo.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Wow, okay, these are really good? Like really good. All of it.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Aw dang i love this. I already went big on how much i love that Ema but damn you really got the consistency of the series art.
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

Oh gosh, thank you guys for the nice comments. It certainly helps in keeping me going on making sprites and all the other assets I can do haha.

In anywho, I'm here again for another update.. well, not necessarily an update, just a snippet of what I'm doing these past few days. aside from slaving on Granblue Fantasy hahaha.. haha.. ha.. orz

So, basically, I'm just trying to scratch sprite again with my character, Riley. So far, I'm not having any luck making it look as good in a smaller size, as the Dez sprites I made before.. but, I'm slowly getting there. Here's what she looks so far without the resizing. I'm still going to redo the lines and make her braids a lot more simple.

I may have to look at several AA original artworks again to further study it, I guess. :yogi:

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ooh looking good so far!
I find manually redrawing outlines after resizing the image is the only way I can make it “cleaner”. When you resize do you use Bilinear or the Bicubic options? (IIRC I used to prefer bilinear, then use the “decrease colour depth” option instead of the “Save for Web” option because the former doesn’t add junk pixels around the outline.)

Your Ema sprites came out cleanly though. Did you use a different technique for them?
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

The art is pretty cool, but even the chara-design alone is excellent.

Fantastic job!
Image Image Image Image Image
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

Jofe wrote:The art is pretty cool, but even the chara-design alone is excellent.

Fantastic job!
Thank you very much! :larry:
SuperAj3 wrote:Ooh looking good so far!
I find manually redrawing outlines after resizing the image is the only way I can make it “cleaner”. When you resize do you use Bilinear or the Bicubic options? (IIRC I used to prefer bilinear, then use the “decrease colour depth” option instead of the “Save for Web” option because the former doesn’t add junk pixels around the outline.)

Your Ema sprites came out cleanly though. Did you use a different technique for them?
I use SAI when I draw and resize my sprites so I don't think it has those options there. I would use Photoshop, but uhh, I just don't like the way everything's laid out there and I get confused easily. (doesn't help that I've become too accustomed to the custom shortcuts I made on SAI lol)

As for the Ema sprites, I just did the edit on the sprites itself when it was already small. I kinda don't want to do that when I scratch sprite since that takes me a lot of time just to make it look like the AJ style.

akkanen

Post by akkanen »

Sorry for another double post, but it seemed like I finally solved my predicament. All I needed to do was do a bit of thicker lines and a bit of zooming in on the sprite so that it would look better haha. It looks bigger than the any AJ sprite now, but.. that's another problem for later lol. :calisto: I will probably make one final change to it to make it the same size as the original games.

Here's the new ones though. It looks 2x better now than the old ones I made.
Spoiler : :
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
the more i look into it, the more i start to see that the head is bigger than intended o)-(

Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Certainly looks more intense. And more hand-drawn.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

These look really good!
And they came out nicely when resized!
ImageImageImageImage
Phoenix ace attorney
Spoken languages: français, español, english

Post by Phoenix ace attorney »

Wow your art is really great! Those sprites are so clean :)
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

Things have been getting rough these past few days and I just want to crawl up to a corner and just.. lie there for the rest of my life, but I know I can't do that so.. guess gotta keep slugging on.

Atleast I'm getting a bit more productive in making sprites, and not to mention it's a bit therapeutic to work on them.
A preview of what I'm working on at the moment, while I multi-task with my detective. She's going to be free of use as soon as I'm finished with this, so.. yeah. I guess that's one thing to look forward to?

SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ooh that sketch is really nice! I love her design as well!

I know that feeling all too well (I've got depression...) It's tough. I find rewatching shows that make me laugh helps. Also just trying to take my mind off things and get lost in my own world (drawing helps with that too XD).
ImageImageImageImage